No Supercharger or Turbo Sounds?

• Thread starter cdotcizzle
  • 20 comments
United States
United States
I did a quick search and saw no threads so here it is. Am I the only one that has not heard the oh so sweet whine of a supercharger or turbo or it’s blow off valve in this game??! So disappointed.

I did a quick search and saw no threads so here it is. Am I the only one that has not heard the oh so sweet whine of a supercharger or turbo or it’s blow off valve in this game??! So disappointed.
??? Just drive the new Porsche 917 and you will hear a whistle of the size of the moon.

I fitted a supercharger on my used car lot rx7 and did hear the whine from it in use, but this was prior to the the last two patches (x06 and x07), but have not had the time play for a few weeks, so can't say if it's still there. Sound on 7.1

I fitted a supercharger on my used car lot rx7 and did hear the whine from it in use, but this was prior to the the last two patches (x06 and x07), but have not had the time play for a few weeks, so can't say if it's still there. Sound on 7.1
Give it a go now and let me know. Cause unless I need to like Jack up the engine sounds (currently at default) then idk what the issue is

Give it a go now and let me know. Cause unless I need to like Jack up the engine sounds (currently at default) then idk what the issue is
I had a chance to update and spend some time with it last night. Some corrections from my original post. The Rx7 is turbocharged, not supercharged. I did put a supercharger on an older Chevy and messed with them both while paying attention to the sounds. Short answer is I think you are correct and I was wrong. My sound setting are the default mixing levels with 7.1 output to a home theater surround setup. From inside the car, I can just barely hear the turbo "pop" during down shifting / deceleration, and the whine from either the turbo or the supercharger is almost inaudible. While watching replays the sounds are much more noticeable. I suspect that the only current fix would be to adjust the engine sounds level up until you get the balance that you want.

Hope that helps.

Engine sounds should be muffled in cockpit significantly. You can't really hear my Rx7 from the inside above 40 mph unless the windows are down and Im next to a wall. What I do hear is a low bassy rumble when I gun it , All i have is the stock sound deadning which is garbage, and carpet. I can only imagine how much better that stuff got past 1978 judging by my parents new toyota sounds , in which you can only hear the wind . Race cars have no sound deadning so you hear everything in them.
I think in GT6 they let us select where we wanted audio to come from.. Or that might have been driveclub .

Last edited:
Blow off valve or turbo sounds how kids call it are present, at least in every car I drove that supposed to be fit with one, in r32 it's very audible, so is in Ford gr b rally car, you just have to sit on the bonnet to hear it fully, i also always pump the engine volume to the max, because I rely on my hearing when to shift with hud completely off

Last edited:
What I find annoying is even the littlest intrusion of traction control cuts out the turbo sound, even if the car is still accelerating fine, which i find quite unrealistic.

I know TC cuts engine power but it doesnt just cut all boost out like that.

Try enhancing sound effect on the sound option and balancing the tire, engine, transmission and opponent engine out and see if you hear difference.

Last edited:
I had a chance to update and spend some time with it last night. Some corrections from my original post. The Rx7 is turbocharged, not supercharged. I did put a supercharger on an older Chevy and messed with them both while paying attention to the sounds. Short answer is I think you are correct and I was wrong. My sound setting are the default mixing levels with 7.1 output to a home theater surround setup. From inside the car, I can just barely hear the turbo "pop" during down shifting / deceleration, and the whine from either the turbo or the supercharger is almost inaudible. While watching replays the sounds are much more noticeable. I suspect that the only current fix would be to adjust the engine sounds level up until you get the balance that you want.

Hope that helps.
Just making sure I’m not on planet crazy 😂. I get that sounds are and should be muffled if in cockpit view but I know from personal experience that’d without a doubt you’d still clearly hear these sounds from inside the car. It’s just depressing!

I put a supercharger onto a chevvy and you cant hear any whine,apart from me whining that is,blow off sound is very quiet as well.I have engine,trans sound up max.Any ideas?I use chase cam so surely i should hear them,i tried different views but its the same.

Just making sure I’m not on planet crazy 😂. I get that sounds are and should be muffled if in cockpit view but I know from personal experience that’d without a doubt you’d still clearly hear these sounds from inside the car. It’s just depressing!
I've been dealing with what you are describing for 3 weeks now. Everyone assumes it's user error and a setting needs adjustment. To date I've been thru every possible combination of settings both in game and on the console. Multiple factory resets and re downloads. Replaced HDMI. Tried other TV HDMI port. Tried other TV. Used this dilemma as an excuse to upgrade my tired soundbar to a better one. Bought the Sony 3D audio headset. Bought some other headset. Repurchased the game on disk, factory reset the console and created a whole new PSN account. Installed game and still had the issue. The only thing I haven't done is return the PS5 and get another one. Note that on my PS4 my audio is good and loud on GT Sport, but not in GT7. As far as how other games are playing on my PS5, at this point I'm just exhausted. 2 years to get a PS5, and it's been 3 weeks of this crap. GT7 is why I finally got the stupid thing. BTW, I have over 100 hour of actual driving time in game and 200+ total, so before anyone says "try harder"....

I can't hear the whine from my real cars turbo from inside. Not a peep. It's normal not to hear it in cockpit view unless you did some intake mods.
The supercharged cars I've driven had belt whine and a noticeable vibration in your seat. That's missing in GT. Also on the older cars... you could hear a howl when the secondaries open, that's missing in GT.

Last edited:
On my surround its pretty good…with my pulse headphones it’s really loud.. you can easily hear the turbo spool bov supercharger wine and other cool engine mechanical noises. The old school Porsches are really nice to to listen to!

The best one I’ve come across is a Corvette C3 I think. SC noise was very pronounced, almost addictively so. This was with front bumper cam, although this was in the first week of release so may have been spoiled by updates.

I was disappointed in the R53 Mini Cooper S, I know these to have a nice SC whine IRL but there’s nothing in game.

Back