Non-car photos

Polyphony Digital have way too much time on their hands...
GNruM.jpg

:dopey:

I can only wish....

anyway. There's some really amazing photos here. 👍
But what really impresses me is not the photos themselves...but the troubles you guys go through to "stick" the camera in those impossible to access spots. :ouch:

I think the cat and the dog should be the REAL hidden photo trophies instead of the girl and the "mysterious" guy.

nrburgringnordschleife5c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

nrburgringnordschleife6w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

well the second one is a car but on a advertising board, so it should be in...

Last edited:
New Avatar for GT5 as DLC, licensed by Yamaha... lol.

....oookay....:odd:
That is not a normal photoshop manipulation. Do you have some sort of 3D rendering program with a 3D model of Miku? And then paste it on photoshop? :confused:

obivouslly I know she's not in the game, besides comon sense, I can spot the differences in her shadow compared to the rest.
But at least the 3D model Miku looks good, up to PD standards if they would ever decide to model it. :drool:

....oookay....:odd:
That is not a normal photoshop manipulation. Do you have some sort of 3D rendering program with a 3D model of Miku? And then paste it on photoshop? :confused:

Hmmm, it's a 3D renderer (not sure how to entitle it, it's a sort of 3D motion-making software? You can let your 3D models move and dance in your PC) software called 'MikuMikuDance' (abbr. 'MMD'). It's a Japanese freeware but you simply won't believe it's free, looking at the quality of software itself and also the third-party models which are reachable on the web. What I did is that I take a picture in-game, import it into PC, do some edits (to minimalise the deviation of texture 'color' between 3D model and picture itself) and import the picture into MMD as a background picture. Then load a 3D model girl (a third-party Miku for this time), make a pose you want and do some lighting/shadow alter inside the MMD software (this can be done very precisely, from the vector of light source to lighting colors. So I said you won't believe it's a free one), finally output the product as an image file (jpg, png, bmp and many other formats; you can even specify the size you want). Since the contrast in the first picture was tad too high (shadows seem too 'black') and it exceeds the black-ness of shadow which can be rendered in MMD, so comes the difference.

The DL link for MMD itself is here (http://www.geocities.jp/higuchuu4/index.htm), and a Wiki for MMD (in Japanese, I only understand moderately of it) (http://www6.atwiki.jp/vpvpwiki/) to search for user-made 3D models. Many anime/manga characters apart from Miku is up for free DL. Most of the models are not re-distributable so you have to take note of that. There's some tutorial videos in English on YouTube so you can refer to them if interested.

And... a collection of my MMD-GT5 joint creation, just to show how far can MMD go with GT5... =)

Sorry for the long (and perhaps boring) texts.

Last edited:
Well, that certainly explains A LOT! :D I was in the right track of thoughts though lol :dopey:
I totally understood what you did shortly after the first line of text. But I DID read the rest, and now I fully understand how you done it. Well done. 👍

I will try and do something like that after I get familiar with the program. Thanks for sharing. :sly:

^Thanks Supermelon... The model used here is a user-made one, which I downloaded from somewhere in Niconico Video (a Japanese equivalent for YouTube, and also a major platform for J-Culture creators), but sadly this model isn't free for grab anymore as a result of 'A series of user agreem't violation' (as the author there states, I don't know what actually happened).

This is another user-made 3D model for MMD use, which I found on the Wiki mentioned above.

GT63m.png_effected by Simacher, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back