Not recieving tag notifications

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 12 comments
I can confirm your username was edited back into that post from Stavingo that you referenced, which would explain why you didn't receive an alert for it.

For good measure, we'll give it another test for you here: @FussyFez. You should have received a notification for that.

I have noticed that I do not seem to be getting alerts for being tagged. I have no clue how low this has been going on, since I don't get all that many.
The last couple of days I have noticed at least 2 instances. One I think may have been edited in and cant find now, but the other I dont think was? Definitely doesn't appear in my alert history. Is it in any way linked to whether or not you are watching a thread?

Okay, @Barra333, I tagged you. Any help?
Some. I got a "new reply to watched thread" email, and a tag alert. I will unwatch this thread once I reply. Can you tag me again to make sure it works. Sod's law says it is all OK now that I have spoken up :irked:

Thanks. No email. :confused: Still got the alert within GTP though. @Jordan Any ideas? I have all of the alert boxes checked. I assume you are meant to get an email when you are tagged in an unwatched thread?

No, you will never get an email notification for being tagged - tags can only trigger "alerts". If you received a "new reply to watched thread" email notification and a tag alert for Bob's post above, it is working normally.

Keep in mind that if someone edits their post to tag you later, you will not receive any alert or notification for that.

Oh, right :dunce:. I assumed that being tagged was far enough up the event hierarchy to warrant en email. Nothing to see here.

Back