Notifications to staff

• Thread starter et_
  • 8 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
Is there a good way to notify the staff about something on the forum that you think needs to be fixed, like closing or moving a thread?

As I see it, the simplest way would be to mention some of the Staff users with a @, but that would only alert those you mention, and there are too many mods to mention all.

The thing I had in mind this time was that this should be moved to the "GT6 General Questions" subforum.

Click the "Report" button, visible in the top right corner of every post on the forum. This will immediately notify all staff on the site, and you can include a note on why you feel it needs their attention.

Ok then, I thought the "Report" button was just for rule infringements:ouch:

edit: @Jordan : What if I want a thread sticked? still use the report button?

Ehrm, I suggested a sticky thread some time ago to a moderator, nothing happened, and no answer. Some time passed, and suddenly that exact thread got sticked, because someone had asked another moderator. Its that kind of situations I'd like to avoid by having a proper way to notify staff members...

Could it be that not all mods have a human AI system installed?
In that case, what moderators have the human AI programming?:P

et_
Ehrm, I suggested a sticky thread some time ago to a moderator, nothing happened, and no answer. Some time passed, and suddenly that exact thread got sticked, because someone had asked another moderator. Its that kind of situations I'd like to avoid by having a proper way to notify staff members...

Could it be that not all mods have a human AI system installed?
In that case, what moderators have the human AI programming?:P

Implying they didn't see your message some how? it could be multiple people requested it, or a different moderator was asked who felt it was justified.

I don't respond to many messages I get, imagine how many a moderator gets - then you can see why you won't always get a response 👍

What you're asking for isn't necessary when you just tread moderators as a human being, you don't need some rigid and specific means of contacting them for specific things and something like this certainly doesn't warrant emailing every staff member.

Implying they didn't see your message some how? it could be multiple people requested it, or a different moderator was asked who felt it was justified.

I don't respond to many messages I get, imagine how many a moderator gets - then you can see why you won't always get a response 👍

What you're asking for isn't necessary when you just tread moderators as a human being, you don't need some rigid and specific means of contacting them for specific things and something like this certainly doesn't warrant emailing every staff member.
I realize they get tons of messages, and that is sort of my point, having a proper way to notify them of a specific thread that should either be sticked, deleted, moved, or altered somehow, makes it easier for them to sort out the unimportant from the important.

Anyway it's not that big deal, I did as Jordan said, and now the thread I originally was referring to has been moved accordingly. So problem solved I guess...👍

Back