Official GTP_Race Event 02 - Announcement and Signup

• Thread starter EDK
  • 111 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in! Very excited, can´t wait to see more details about this.

Once again, thanks for keeping GT5P interesting (even though trying to keep up with the G25 is making it way too interesting as well ;) )

EDK
Are you saying you are not sure which one you have, or you are not sure which one you are going to use?

I am not sure of witch one i have. cant find it on the cover. but i am sure its PAL due to all the PS2 games i played saying PAL.

I am not sure of witch one i have. cant find it on the cover. but i am sure its PAL due to all the PS2 games i played saying PAL.

Yours will be PAL unless you imported 👍

Australia is in the PAL region, so if you bought a local copy of the game, you are PAL.

Thanks - Have you as PAL. 👍

By the Way - 64 entrants so far. :eek:

Last edited:
Will it be an absolute random mixed bag where you won't drive against just the people from your same division, I could race you Kev?

Jerome

Will it be an absolute random mixed bag where you won't drive against just the people from your same division, I could race you Kev?

Jerome

You could race me, but only if I won my division and you won yours. I plan to pair up drivers within their class until a champion has been crowned for every class in every division. Then, the class champions will compete to name a division champion. Finally, the division champs will compete to name an overall champion.

So for both of us, since we are both Bronze in our respective divisions, we would initially run against other bronze drivers in our division. The main goal is to create several means of winning, as we do with WRS. So even if a driver cannot compete with the top drivers in their division, they still have a chance to be champion of their class.

EDK
You could race me, but only if I won my division and you won yours. I plan to pair up drivers within their class until a champion has been crowned for every class in every division. Then, the class champions will compete to name a division champion. Finally, the division champs will compete to name an overall champion.

So for both of us, since we are both Bronze in our respective divisions, we would initially run against other bronze drivers in our division. The main goal is to create several means of winning, as we do with WRS. So even if a driver cannot compete with the top drivers in their division, they still have a chance to be champion of their class.

Sounds good to me. 👍

I haven't sent an entry yet. I just saw this as I have been away.

Today's busy at work, so I will likely submit later this week.

Top notch buddy, I'll think about signing up 👍

Jerome

I haven't sent an entry yet. I just saw this as I have been away.

Today's busy at work, so I will likely submit later this week.

Please do, I need another driver from your division and class for the pairings. 👍

EDK
Please do, I need another driver from your division and class for the pairings. 👍
Do we know when the first week will be? I want to make sure I won't be at risk of forfeiting. I don't forsee an issue but I will double-check with my secretary wife tonight.

Just signed up, and hope to represent Division 2 Bronze well!
If not it should be fun anyways!

Off topic, EDK how can live in the Bay Area and be a Steelers Fan?

49ers Forever!

Do we know when the first week will be? I want to make sure I won't be at risk of forfeiting. I don't forsee an issue but I will double-check with my secretary wife tonight.

Keep in mind that you get a one time grace, at a time of your choosing. And I will probably need to have some byes on some weeks, due to the format (Not all classes have the same number of participants, not all classes have an even number of participants). Barring any update related complications, the first race will be from 1/25-2/2.

Just signed up, and hope to represent Division 2 Bronze well!
If not it should be fun anyways!

Off topic, EDK how can live in the Bay Area and be a Steelers Fan?

49ers Forever!

Well, we have the D2 Bronze in common. Never know, we might be matched up in the first round, I'm also planning to use my NTSC disk.

I'm in the Bay Area now, but I grew up in Portland, where we have no team. A lot of people I grew up with were 49er fans, but I think that was mostly becuase of Joe Montana and Super Bowl wins, not the proximity to Portland. And no, I'm not on the Steelers bandwagon for this season or anything. I've been a fan for years and was there when they were losing all of those AFC Championship games at home.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm in also. 👍

Still have some score to settle with the winner of event 01. :sly:
Lost to him by 0.001s in the quarter finals. :crazy:

Gonna post an entry sometime today. I can finally race fellow GTPers on a regular basis:tup:

Yes. I'm in, need to get back behind the wheel, too much work lately, not enough driving. Great event.

Just signed up, looking forward to it but worried about any races that may be at Suzuka where I am way off the front runners pace in the on-line events! Oh well, it'll be good fun anyway!

As I had feared, the news section has announced that the online racing events will be updated on January 29th. Rather than try to pull off an event in a short week, or change events after an update, the first event will be posted the weekend following the new updates (One week later than planned).

Sorry for the inconvenience, but as mentioned before, we want to keep this moving. 👍

Questions in the thread are fine, but please PM me if you have any direct issues with the decision.

:cheers:
(Anxious as you are)
Kevin

No problem from me with that decision EDK.👍 If anything it gives me an advantage because I haven't been racing of late and would come up against someone who has perfected the events.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back