OK, I have to say something - but sorry for not saying anything

• Thread starter amar212
  • 969 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading this and assuming it means the PS3 itself, it reminded me of an article on gamepro a while back:

"According to a report from Smarthouse, an unnamed Sony insider has claimed that Kutaragi's proposal for the PS4 would involve the same chipset as the PS3, but would include an extensive overhaul to the system software. This would better manage streaming content from a broadband network source, and combined with the console's existing Cell processor, this upgrade would likely supplant the PlayStation as a developer for network-based gaming entertainment in the near future."

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/111789/sony-to-unveil-ps4-in-2008/

Wow there's an interesting point. But if Sony obsoletes their $400 chunk that I bought just for GT5 before I get a chance to play the real deal ... well I'd hope I wouldn't be the only person seriously pissed off haha.

If Amar was cooking, I'm sure he would've posted it in the Rumble Strip. :P

Which is why I belive this news is GT5 related not some crummy GT5P update as some think it may.

Which is why I belive this news is GT5 related not some crummy GT5P update as some think it may.

Do you think all 4 points amar brings up are gt5 related though? At least one must be ps3 related or gt5 being implemented into one of ps3's features.

No, but I believe most of it is GT5 related, like hopefully "you can't even imagine the size of it"

Darn you Amar, darn you to heck!

Err... wait, I mean, THANK you Amar, thank you to heck!

Hrm... that's not right either...

Okay, silliness aside, I'm really enjoying the adrenaline rush of expectation for this news. I feel much like I did upon learning that GT4 was definitely coming. I have a feeling that Amar begged Polyphony/SONY to make some kind of post, as he was cringing at all the rants and complaining and whining. Maybe they finally gave him the go-ahead so we'd be satisfied with a little tidbit. Although, this isn't really a small tidbit. ;)

I'd like to take a crack at Amar's tantalizing hints myself. I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but what the heck.

Something so big is cooking, you can't even imagine the size of it.
I'm wondering if this isn't that certain game mode I've been lusting after for four years now. As much of the motorsports world as they can code into a game? Or maybe something as simple and awesome as all Gran Turismo games rolled into one massive game, and even more? Before GT4 came out, Kazunori-dono said in an interview that the Gran Turismo he envisioned was like a museum that opened up on different periods - decades? - of motorsports, giving you the chance to participate in the unfolding of racing history. The PS2 was too small for something of that scope perhaps, but not the PS3.

And there is something else cooking, which you can't even imagine the price of it.
Platinum Edition? PS3 bundles? Lusted after supercars or racing league licenses? Return of race mod with a comprehensive livery editor? Photomode with the ability to print up your own holiday greeting cards? The option to have your own trophies made by SONY out of real gold, silver or bronze? Okay, just kidding. :sly:

And the third thing is also in the oven, but you can't even imagine it's even baking. And besides that third thing there is something else in the oven, I'd say it's the oven itself.
Gee whiz... something big, grand, unexpected? It's almost midnite, I'd better pass on this for now or I'll be here till dawn.

And I guess everything will be presented in the gala dinner in the weeks or months to come, but at the E3 latest.

And then you'll find out that day of the Fiest is also known even today.

And yes, my NDA is killing me so much that I can't even tell you how much you should be hungry. But I can assure you it will be the Fiest of the Gods.
Maybe I won't say what I'm thinking, at least for now...

But this has to be something pretty darn grand to have Amar aching to spill even a little something of it. Needless to say, this has me forgetting about that other game almost completely. :sly:

Great stuff, Amar, even if you did have to make it a teensy bit cryptic. ;)

I get the feeling we'll soon be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...and no, it won't be an oncoming train.:dopey:

-> Although I crave for more news from Sony/PD regarding GT5, I'm not pretty crazy about it until the real news shows up. I also don't like to post many various "what if" posts. All I have to do is to be patient about it, nothing more, nothing less. :)

-> Besides, I'm too busy for just thinking about it. I still have my vehicle wish list to fullfill. :boggled:

Wow there's an interesting point. But if Sony obsoletes their $400 chunk that I bought just for GT5 before I get a chance to play the real deal ... well I'd hope I wouldn't be the only person seriously pissed off haha.

You wouldn't, this whole forum would be pretty pissed off.

I'm hating amar right now, I want more clues damn it lol

Something Big = 3D
You may be on to something here. Remember this article? A friend of mine works for a company that produces 3D technology for games and movies, but he avoids my questions on whether they have anything to do with what is mentioned in that article or whether or not they have a NDA with Sony/PD. All I got from him is a just wait and see.......💡

like a museum that opened up on different periods - decades? - of motorsports, giving you the chance to participate in the unfolding of racing history.

If this happens ...hold all my calls and cancell all my appointments! OH wait.....my wifes expecting our second child @ June. Decisions,decisions......

And there is something else cooking, which you can't even imagine the price of it.

And the third thing is also in the oven, but you can't even imagine it's even baking. And besides that third thing there is something else in the oven, I'd say it's the oven itself.

And I guess everything will be presented in the gala dinner in the weeks or months to come, but at the E3 latest.

And yes, my NDA is killing me so much that I can't even tell you how much you should be hungry. But I can assure you it will be the Fiest of the Gods.

about the price thing:

- every brand represented in the game give one car as a global competition price(don't think the Bugatti Veyron we'll count, do), this would be cool and a very huge thing!!!

Wild speculation mode on.

GT4 was 600 + cars and 50 tracks. I can think bigger than that. This must be something different. What are the GT Holy Grails? Porsche & Lambo’? We already have Ruff so I don’t think so. Damage then? But other games have damage. Real World Weather? In my view only this would be that big a deal.

This I have absolutely no idea about. I’ve changed my mind, I've worked it out. I'm not saying. (Joke)

GT Mobile? And it can connect to GT5 to play the full game anywhere? GT5 is an online game like a Massive Multi User online RPG?

The next games fair is in Germany in three weeks or so time? What about motoring events as well? Are there any trade shows due?

So they already have a release date and haven’t told anybody yet. Given PD’s record of releasing games on time I won’t hold my breath! The best news would be simultaneous worldwide release.

Amar is not given to hyperbole. This is big.

My guess? It’s a Massive Multi User Online race game/RPG collect ‘em up with go anywhere PSP support and real world weather and a time shift option for when you race somewhere else in the world.

Wild speculation mode off.

Excuse me, but who gives a damn about GT Mobile at this point? And what's with you guys who think/hope it to have something with the PS3 console itself to do?

I hope to god (if he would excist, which he don't) it's Gran Turismo 5 related only. Everything else is not one bit important in my opinion...

Excuse me, but who gives a damn about GT Mobile at this point? And what's with you guys who think/hope it to have something with the PS3 console itself to do?

I hope to god (if he would excist, which he don't) it's Gran Turismo 5 related only. Everything else is not one bit important in my opinion...

A big 👍

I'd say anyone who owns a psp and likes gt may be interested in gt mobile? I don't really get what you are trying to say regarding the ps3 console itself. Anyhow it is YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it.

I for one am just as happy if part of the news is ps3 only as I own one and if something new is coming it will most likely further my experience with the console. You know there are other games other than gt on the ps3?

I bought a PSP a couple years ago with GT mobile in mind, I hardly use it now and don't really care anymore, I would rather see a Tourist Trophy 2 on PS3 than a GT mobile.

I'd say anyone who owns a psp and likes gt may be interested in gt mobile?
I have a PSP and I definitely like GT, but I'm not one bit intrested in GT Mobile at this point. But that's just me.

You know there are other games other than gt on the ps3?
Yes, I play other games than GT myself. GH3, MGS4, GTAIV and so on. GT5 is by far the only intresting upcoming game at the moment in my opinion though.

1. Huge GT competition that covers the world planned on GT5 release.
2. GT will be more expensive than $60 or there will be a cheap GT5, PS3, DFGT bundle. Or there will be a new GT5 wheel which will be like a million $.
3. GT5p will get a huge update to test features for GT5. We will get actual GT5 details.
4. GDC or E3 or PS Blog or press release or something else is where this baked goodness will come from.

I bet I am 50% right.👍

"an extensive overhaul to the system software..." Look at this as a big system update, too big to be downloaded perhaps. It would not make the PS3 obsolete, just the opposite, it would keep it current and one step ahead of anything XBOX is doing. If this is correct then GT5 somehow is taking advantage of this new function.

I agree with you a bit here.. whatever the upcoming news is, every tiny bit of information uttered that does not have to do with GT5 itself will detract from the excitement of said news. Like... please don't even mention new shows available on GT TV.

"an extensive overhaul to the system software..." Look at this as a big system update, too big to be downloaded perhaps. It would not make the PS3 obsolete, just the opposite, it would keep it current and one step ahead of anything XBOX is doing. If this is correct then GT5 somehow is taking advantage of this new function.

True true, I was getting a little ahead of myself hah

We all know that gt5 is coming out sometime. But this info is even bigger than we can imagine. Perhaps they are releasing gt6 first. Lol.

Just thinking, perhaps this has already been mentioned but I'm not going to read all 200 and something posts just to make sure!

Heres my thoughts, when Amar refers to price, is it possible that GT5 could be a relatively cheap add-on type of thing to GT5P? As well as a blu-ray release? And would it be also possible to tie this into his riddle about it 'being the oven itself'?

Just speculation, but I cant see GT getting away with charging any more then €70, which would be the max for new titles in dear stores here. So what else could Amar mean?

^^

Regarding the projected ~$70 price point:

Capcom just sold me on the $78.99CAD Collector's Edition Street Fighter IV bundle and I don't belong to a Street Fighter IV registry. :sly:

If PD packs in what I want to see, I will pay what they ask. When they come out with the $100 Collector's Edition Dual-BRd mammoth which includes a Nissan GT-R Hotwheels toy car, I'll be the first in line to buy. 👍👍

I agree that until further details emerge, further speculation is a tad futile... but in my opinion, GT4_genius has about the best read on the 'bun-in-the-oven, lost-in-translation' riddle so far; even though it's not a popular opinion that GT5p will be upgraded into GT5.

Sticking with futility, maybe there'll be options for either an upgrade disc/downloadable upgrade or a 2-Disc Collectors Edition set?

Either way, I know someone will have skimmed through this post, hoping for more news... sorry about that, just more conjecture and speculation here. :dopey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back