(One-Make) Nissan GT-R LM Nismo Championship --- Sundays / 18:00 BST Room Open, Pre-season 7 August!Open 

J_Starscream

(Banned)
United Kingdom
Anglo-Swiss
J_Starscream
NISSAN GT-R LM NISMO CHAMPIONSHIP

NISSAN_GT-R_LM_NISMO_01.jpg

This is a one make series using the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo, a rarely used car in GT6. This season will take place over six rounds.​

SPEC

• The Nissan will be run at standard spec after oil change (634hp/880kg).
  • All settings are allowed to be altered.
REGULATIONS

• Everyone must run Soft and Medium compound racing tyres during every race. This will be aided by a room setting "mandatory compound change".

DETAILS

• All races will be 60 minutes in length and is held on Sunday's fortnightly with room opening at 18:00 British Time.

PENALTIES

As with most real life series', this will be a non-contact championship. Penalties will be awarded to those who cause large incidents, or incidents big enough to affect the outcome of the race. Of course, minor contact will occur, and will not be penalised but will be warned about it.
  • It is the responsibility of the driver behind to avoid contact at the best of their ability. However, if the overtaking driver is at least half a car length alongside the defending car, then the latter will have to provide sufficient racing room. Failure to do so will result in penalty depending on severity of the incident caused.
  • Drivers are permitted to only make one defensive move, any more will result in penalty.
The length of penalties awarded will depend on the severity of the incidents.

This series will also include a licence system, with a driver rating and the ability to accumulate penalty points - similar to a driving licence. How many licence point you receive heavily depends on the outcome of an incident. The guilty driver will be informed privately when they receive licence points. Six points will earn you a race ban and ten points will earn you a championship ban.

CHAMPIONSHIP

• This series will only have a drivers championship but drivers are free to team up with others.
  • The points system will award the top 10 finishers in each race in the format; 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1. 3 extra points will be awarded for the top 3 qualifiers in the format; 3-2-1, with 1 extra point for Fastest Lap.
CALENDAR

This is a six week championship, with races taking place Sundays fortnightly. The green flag will be shown at 19:00 BST with a 15 minute qualifying prior to it. The room will open around an hour before scheduled green flag.

The track list is ordered in area - Japan, Europe and the United States.

Pre-season - High Speed Ring - 7 August

Round 1 - Tokyo R246 - 21 August

Round 2 - Fuji Speedway - 4 September

Round 3 - Grand Valley Speedway Reverse - 18 September

Round 4 - Silverstone - 2 October

Round 5 - High Speed Ring - 16 October

Round 6 - Apricot Hill Raceway - 30 October

• In the event that the scheduled green flag time is delayed by an hour, it will go up to a public vote whether to race or to postpone the event to the following week. This will not affect the calendar unless the vote to postpone occurs twice in a row - then the calendar will be moved forward one week.

To sign up, you must include the following information:

GTP ID/PSN ID

Thanks for taking interest to read and I hope you sign up. Please note that the thread will be updated and formatted properly in the near future.

1. @J_Starscream / J_Starscream
  2. @CrazyJohn / CrazyJohnIsHere
  3. @Harsk100 / HarskGaming96
  4. @BenMillard / BenMillard
  5. @epic_apri_39 / epicgiratina
Maybe: @coryclifford / PeeWee(?)

Last edited:
I like the design of the OP. 👍

CrazyJohn / CrazyJohnIsHere

Edit: will have not to take part in round 1 only. I will be on a camp from August 16 to August 23, most probably.

Driving this thing with full BHP will be tough on DS3 because TCS 1 kills the already poor low speed performance. But I'm game!

Would you consider 60 minutes instead of 90? With a 15 minute qualifying and the logistics of GT6 online, a 90 minute race really means about 2.5 hours of our weekend. Field spread from a qualified grid means it will likely be a lonely final 60 minutes, too?

The tyre compound change gives the possibility of alternative strategies. But that also reduces the chances of on-track action due to the fastest drivers already starting at the front and building a gap.

Perhaps a compromise...a 15-minute qualifying race with the main race (60 minutes) in reverse order? Half championship points awarded for the qualifying race (or something) so it's still worth getting a high place?

Qualifying race could line up in championship order. Sign up order could be used for very first race, so people commit to it sooner.

@Harsk100 thanks for the recommendation. @coryclifford is a huge fan of this car, too. @chill in GT6 Community might like it. @RuddRacer and @skeagracing maybe as well. @epic_apri_39 is improving dramatically and might revisit this difficult car?

Last edited:
Driving this thing with full BHP will be tough on DS3 because TCS 1 kills the already poor low speed performance. But I'm game!

Would you consider 60 minutes instead of 90? With a 15 minute qualifying and the logistics of GT6 online, a 90 minute race really means about 2.5 hours of our weekend. Field spread from a qualified grid means it will likely be a lonely final 60 minutes, too?

The tyre compound change gives the possibility of alternative strategies. But that also reduces the chances of on-track action due to the fastest drivers already starting at the front and building a gap.

Perhaps a compromise...a 15-minute qualifying race with the main race (60 minutes) in reverse order? Half championship points awarded for the qualifying race (or something) so it's still worth getting a high place?

Qualifying race could line up in championship order. Sign up order could be used for very first race, so people commit to it sooner.

@Harsk100 thanks for the recommendation. @coryclifford is a huge fan of this car, too. @chill in GT6 Community might like it. @RuddRacer and @skeagracing maybe as well. @epic_apri_39 is improving dramatically and might revisit this difficult car?

Even though I hate the car I would participate if it fit my schedule.

Thank you for the suggestions, I may implement one or two. I like the idea of reverse grid and qualifying points! :)

Shall I put your name down? :)

Thanks for the suggestion @BenMillard but might is the key word in the sentence I'm afraid, as much as I like front wheel drive, I can't stand the car. I'll give it a shot dependant on the time of which we race.

Thanks for the suggestion @BenMillard but might is the key word in the sentence I'm afraid, as much as I like front wheel drive, I can't stand the car. I'll give it a shot dependant on the time of which we race.
I remember your arguing with somebody else on a race we run a year ago at Sarthe :lol:

Track selection, it's cool to use real-world tracks but I wonder if some others might suit it better? Also, maybe put the most forgiving tracks at the start - lots of tarmac run-off and good visibility.

Pre-season - Daytona Road Course - 7 August
Round 1 - Suzuka Circuit - 21 August
Round 3 - Nurburgring - 18 September
Round 5 - Daytona Road Course - 16 October
Round 6 - Indianapolis Road Course - 30 October
Pre-season - High Speed Ring Reverse - 7 August
Round 1 - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit - 21 August (fast and good run-off)
Round 2 - Fuji Speedway GT - 4 September (run-off everywhere, worst hairpins removed)
Round 3 - Special Stage Route 5 (Reverse) - 18 September (better turn 1, fast, friendly walls)
Round 4 - Tokyo R246 - 2 October (fast, friendly walls)
Round 5 - Nurburgring GP/F - 16 October (technical but has passing places)
Round 6 - Suzuka Circuit 2014 - 30 October (fast and flowing, hard on mistakes)
High Speed Ring Reverse - could be a friendly choice for Round 1?
Grand Valley Speedway Reverse - very rarely used but loads of passing places.
Circuit de la Sarthe 2014 - car was designed for this and this version is more friendly.
Spa-Francorchamps (newest) - gets used too much. Track limits are an issue.

Track selection, it's cool to use real-world tracks but I wonder if some others might suit it better? Also, maybe put the most forgiving tracks at the start - lots of tarmac run-off and good visibility.

Pre-season - Daytona Road Course - 7 August
Round 1 - Suzuka Circuit - 21 August
Round 3 - Nurburgring - 18 September
Round 5 - Daytona Road Course - 16 October
Round 6 - Indianapolis Road Course - 30 October
Pre-season - High Speed Ring Reverse - 7 August
Round 1 - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit - 21 August (fast and good run-off)
Round 2 - Fuji Speedway GT - 4 September (run-off everywhere, worst hairpins removed)
Round 3 - Special Stage Route 5 (Reverse) - 18 September (better turn 1, fast, friendly walls)
Round 4 - Tokyo R246 - 2 October (fast, friendly walls)
Round 5 - Nurburgring GP/F - 16 October (technical but has passing places)
Round 6 - Suzuka Circuit 2014 - 30 October (fast and flowing, hard on mistakes)
High Speed Ring Reverse - could be a friendly choice for Round 1?
Grand Valley Speedway Reverse - very rarely used but loads of passing places.
Circuit de la Sarthe 2014 - car was designed for this and this version is more friendly.
Spa-Francorchamps (newest) - gets used too much. Track limits are an issue.
I'll certainly look into the track list. It isn't currently confirmed 100%, but will be by Tuesday - in good time for Pre-season. 👍

We could try all good track ideas, 5 lap races over the evening? Make a party out of it!

That could help inform your ultimate track choice. 👍

Message me on PSN if I'm on and you want to try some things out!

@Jfrod @DrAug

Last edited:
@coryclifford and I tried a few circuits. It's tough to stay on track! Huge differences in times.

High Speed Ring Reverse
Suits the top speed. Simple layout but tricky to optimise this stiff car as you cross the banking. Final turn isn't always 100% throttle as the tyre wear builds up! (And DS3 steering feels nerfed with this car.)
RH: 57.5
RM: 58.2

Special Stage Route 5 Reverse
RS:
RM: 1:12.8 (turn early and keep in like Bathurst)

Tokyo R246
Felt great.
RS:
RM: 1:27.3

Suzuka Circuit 2014
Works well but DS3 steering is randomly nerfed and that can cost 20 seconds in the fast right towards Spoon.y
RM: 1:53.9
RM: 1:50.4 (clean lap)

Willow Springs: Big Willow
Impossible to race here. Tiny off track moment loses you 30 seconds. The car becomes an air hockey puck once it gets on the sand. X/
RM: 1:14.7
RM: 1:05.4

Grand Valley Speedway Reverse
Found this really tough for the first 3 laps, even driving super gentle. Then I went even slower in the problem turns. Found the right line built speed up slightly the next lap and found 8 seconds. Fractional improvements after that.
RM: 1:42.8
RM: 1:40.6

Last edited:
@coryclifford and I tried a few circuits. It's tough to stay on track! Huge differences in times.

High Speed Ring Reverse
Suits the top speed. Simple layout but tricky to optimise this stiff car as you cross the banking. Final turn isn't always 100% throttle as the tyre wear builds up! (And DS3 steering feels nerfed with this car.)
RH: 57.5
RM: 58.2

Special Stage Route 5 Reverse
RS:
RM: 1:12.8 (turn early and keep in like Bathurst)

Tokyo R246
Felt great.
RS:
RM: 1:27.3

Suzuka Circuit 2014
Works well but DS3 steering is randomly nerfed and that can cost 20 seconds in the fast right towards Spoon.y
RM: 1:53.9
RM: 1:50.4 (clean lap)

Willow Springs: Big Willow
Impossible to race here. Tiny off track moment loses you 30 seconds. The car becomes an air hockey puck once it gets on the sand. X/
RM: 1:14.7
RM: 1:05.4

Grand Valley Speedway Reverse
Found this really tough for the first 3 laps, even driving super gentle. Then I went even slower in the problem turns. Found the right line built speed up slightly the next lap and found 8 seconds. Fractional improvements after that.
RM: 1:42.8
RM: 1:40.6

DS3 is always trash in high power high downforce cars, 210 degrees vs 900 / 1080 (wheel)

Updated OP

I have updated the OP with the following:
  • Race length - Changed from 90 minutes to 60 as per request.
  • Championship points - Added more points for qualifying positions.
  • Race calendar - Changed four of the proposed circuits to allow for easier car management for DS3 users. The pre-season location has also been changed.

Would you move Grand Valley later in the season, please? R246 would be a great opening track.

Route 5 looked ace at night. The rhythm didn't quite suit the car. Corner speeds are just below the downforce kicks in. even on RM. I think that rules it out, so I agree with your choices for the calendar.

@coryclifford and I ended up keeping the car stock for most of the tracks. We had developed a high rotation RS tune for the 600pp Brands Hatch Quick Match the other month. But it oversteers way too much when the speed increases. Even at Route 5 Reverse; the left-right sequences were uncontrollable.

Interested in balanced tunes if anyone wants to share!

EDIT: Meant to say it feels good in the 700pp Seasonal Event race at La Sarthe. Maybe add this as the final round? Grand finale for this ambitious LMP.

Last edited:
Would you move Grand Valley later in the season, please? R246 would be a great opening track.

Route 5 looked ace at night. The rhythm didn't quite suit the car. Corner speeds are just below the downforce kicks in. even on RM. I think that rules it out, so I agree with your choices for the calendar.

@coryclifford and I ended up keeping the car stock for most of the tracks. We had developed a high rotation RS tune for the 600pp Brands Hatch Quick Match the other month. But it oversteers way too much when the speed increases. Even at Route 5 Reverse; the left-right sequences were uncontrollable.

Interested in balanced tunes if anyone wants to share!

EDIT: Meant to say it feels good in the 700pp Seasonal Event race at La Sarthe. Maybe add this as the final round? Grand finale for this ambitious LMP.
Is @coryclifford interested in competing by any chance? :P

Maybe I will. I should read about what I'm getting into though, before I commit. :D

I really had no idea Ben was testing things when we drove. I bought a new car, changed oil and drove it. Back of my mind I thought it might be for some WRS thing he does so don't touch the car.

@CrazyJohn @Harsk100 @BenMillard

I shall be opening a room up tomorrow to kick things off, at around 18:00 British Time. Start track will be High Speed Ring but we can move around to different circuits and try things out, get a feel for the car and the environments.

@coryclifford if you'd like to pop along feel free to do so. :)

I shall be posting the room ID number on this thread in a reply so keep watching your Alerts. ;)

See you all then. :)

@CrazyJohn @Harsk100 @BenMillard

I shall be opening a room up tomorrow to kick things off, at around 18:00 British Time. Start track will be High Speed Ring but we can move around to different circuits and try things out, get a feel for the car and the environments.

@coryclifford if you'd like to pop along feel free to do so. :)

I shall be posting the room ID number on this thread in a reply so keep watching your Alerts. ;)

See you all then. :)
I still don't have the GT-R LM Nismo, however, I'll earn some money to buy it. 👍

If everything goes right, then I will attend tommorrow. 👍

J Starscream left a short while ago. I was either having connection issues or he was, but the rooms were jumpy for me. One race I got smashed to pieces in the first few corners. Kept trying to restart all my computer crap, but I dunno. Wasn't ever smooth enough for me.

Back