"Organized Garage"

• Thread starter GETEDA
  • 41 comments
Chile
Chile
Geteda1
Yes it, I think we want a organized garage for all the +1000 cars for GT6.
Someone know some about this? from pictures, videos etc?
Example:

-Rally Cars
-Kei Cars
-Super Sports
-Trucks
-SUV
-Electric Cars
-Classics
-Drift Cars

Etc...

One thing that bugs me about GT5 is that every time you start the game up, the car order always resets to 'Dathe Required.' I want GT6 not to have this happen.
As for filters, that would be convenient especially as the car list is continually expanding...

The garage should have scrolled like Arcade Mode.

Please have the car you are currently driving be at the forefront when you enter the garage. All the GTs except GT5 were lile this.

Every now and then someone has a decent idea to start a forum and though not the first time it has been mentioned, on the eve of the of the releases of a new title, the timing is perfect for this thread. The garage needs some work. I think we had a little preview of what's to come in GT Academy although I could however, be wrong. We could most certainly use a few more filtering options minimum. The garage in GT5 seems to have been added at the last minute. I recall Kaz and his team paying more attention to the small details in the past which created an overall more enjoyable experience in previous generations of Gran Turismo. As with all other elements of this upcoming iteration, we will have to see if it has returned to its core values. Only 53 days until we will be sure what's in store for us..

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this but had a slightly different idea. I basically want separate and customizable garages within the main garage. For instance I have a lot of GT500 cars and quite a few duplicates for different pp/tracks. Some are fully maxed out and tuned, some are tuned with no mods...depending on the racing I am doing. I'd like to be able to make a garage for my maxed cars and stock cars to keep them separate and easy to find. Or make a garage for all my 600pp street cars or a garage for cars tuned specifically for the Nurburgring.

I'd like to actually have a garage space, in wich you can walk around. IIRC Test Drive Unlimited had this feature. It would also be nice to be able to designate areas to certain cars, with subcategories; Racing cars/Le Mans/Prototypes/Make/year f ex.

I'd like to actually have a garage space, in wich you can walk around. IIRC Test Drive Unlimited had this feature. It would also be nice to be able to designate areas to certain cars, with subcategories; Racing cars/Le Mans/Prototypes/Make/year f ex.

Maybe a garage space for the favourite cars, and then a huge outdoors field for the rest.

Massive-Car-Lot-.jpg

"Now, where did I park that M3?"

Actually, it would be pretty neat to browse the garage by walking around and looking at the cars. Like walking down memory lane...

Not when you already know what the load times were like for just a single car in GT5. No thanks. Cool idea to have a garage for say, 10 cars, but no more than that. I like the way we had the car in random areas in the bg of GT5 when the game started up, something like that would be cool too for select cars in your garage.

Filters are a good tool to find the car you're looking for. There's not that many more needed though, in my opinion.

First step: Fortunately, we will get rid of the Premium/Standard-separation. If you are looking for a standard car in GT5, why do I have to load the whole premium-garage every bl#$&% time I go in there? And why do we have to switch to standard tab before being able to set the filters we need to narrow down the list? If I sum up how often I have to load first a 300+ car-list and then a 800+-car-list in order to get to one particular car, it probably cost me days of my life.

Second step: Improve the custom garages concept (currently called "Favourites"). People like to group certain cars together, so they should be able to. There's no need to restrict it to 1 custom-garage only, and no need to restrict it to 100 cars either, if it's cleverly designed.

I'm hoping we will have saveable filters that we can choose before any of the garage loads.

E.g. Filter- all German cars between 2000 and 2004. Then this filter can be run at will on your garage whether online or offline. View results then save filter with user specified name. Included in filterable data should be price when new, size of engine etc as well as current filterable data. These filters can be shared across users or as an allowed cars for setting an online race or series.

We also need to create multiple manually editable lists (like the favourites folder) which we can name. Again, these lists should be shareable or at least used online as above.

Last edited:
Not when you already know what the load times were like for just a single car in GT5. No thanks. Cool idea to have a garage for say, 10 cars, but no more than that. I like the way we had the car in random areas in the bg of GT5 when the game started up, something like that would be cool too for select cars in your garage.

Load times are said to be improved in GT6, but I get your point. Maybe there could be a car museum feature where you could store your 10-20 most important cars? Like the Red Bull Hangar, but with more cars. And then your friends could visit your museum space, walk around and look at your cars...

Just being able to say "Show all my cars with a stock tune" would be an improvement.
Ever join a "no tuning" room, have the car specs change (or not), and try to find a car you can use if you have a reasonably large garage?

And/or be able to search/filter cars which fit room specs -including all tuning sheets in search/filter- would be useful, to say the least...

It always bugged me in GT5 that you had to seach for the car that you were actually in.

It should automatically be at the top of the list.

Filters and.. Classes. Option to create Classes where you can add the cars YOU want, and option to race them. (With competitive AI).
Second step: Improve the custom garages concept (currently called "Favourites"). People like to group certain cars together, so they should be able to. There's no need to restrict it to 1 custom-garage only, and no need to restrict it to 100 cars either, if it's cleverly designed.
Bingo, almost.

What I saw from the GT6 demo was miles better than GT5 in the garage category. Despite only having two purchasable machines.

Actually, it would be pretty neat to browse the garage by walking around and looking at the cars. Like walking down memory lane...

Like in PGR? I agree having about 5 different garages for your Fav car list and walking around and taking pictures with the cars together.

Considering the sheer number of cars in GT, it does surprise me we don't have a more robust set of organizational tools. A certain other racing game allows you to create different groups within your garage, naming them anything you want, and then populating them based on your own personal choices. This is far better, to me, than having to work within PD's predetermined categories (Standard/Premium, sorted by make/year/etc etc). For example, I have a "Drift" group that has some mightily disparate choices in it, cars that never could be grouped together if we only had GT5's methods to use.

That said, it could be improved; instead of groups, as someone has already mentioned earlier in this thread, PD could use user-generated filters to let us sort our own garages. The problem with FM4's groups setup is that a car can only exist in one group at a time; with filters, that wouldn't be an issue! 👍

The main problem with FM4's groups setup is that when you get them setup, you spend more time fiddling with them in terms of order and naming them and buying cars just to put in them and such than you do driving the cars therein.

Or maybe that's just me.

Dave the Ford Focus? Yeah, no.

Ford Focus WTCC? Nissan Skyline GT-R Group A? Volkswagen Golf GTi SCCA? Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Especially if it allowed me to get rid of some of the stupider names PD gives cars (like the wholly unnecessary "Race Car" addendums they stick on the end of Group C Le Mans cars and the like) that tend to just cut off in any garage screen anyway, and better group up my made up car categories.

Latest Posts

Back