"Organized Garage"

• Thread starter GETEDA
  • 41 comments
Naming cars and having better ways to organize my garage? Yes, I would love that.
Seriously, I have a lot of cars in my GT5 game save it would be more convient if I could organize my cars based on what they're set for and it could make it easier to find a certain car I want to drive that's buried in my garage.

I would love an organized garage. Naming my cars, legally? Hell yes! That way I know which car is tuned, etc. How about posting your own description of the car? Or maybe just add to PD's description of the car.

What I do to organize my car is methodically buy every car by each manufacturer in order. The way they are listed in the dealership. That way, my cars appear organized no matter what filter is used. It's annoying, tedious, and time consuming (the legal way). Then again, receiving the cars is also time consuming.

Anyway, point is, I would love this to be a feature for GT6. Also, what were the loading times for TDU2 when loading the garage, especially on cars with custom vinyls?

Yes Garage needs to be organized. It takes time to choose a car when you have lots of them. I think they said this time people can get in to track much faster than GT5 so hopefully better organized

Yes it, I think we want a organized garage for all the +1000 cars for GT6.
Someone know some about this? from pictures, videos etc?
Example:

-Rally Cars
-Kei Cars
-Super Sports
-Trucks
-SUV
-Electric Cars
-Classics
-Drift Cars

Etc...
100% agree...excellent idea. Also when entering the garage it posts the options instead of attempting to load all 1000+ cars first every single time.

I've played it recently, and the car you're currently driving isn't set apart in any way except for an orange rectangle to the left of its name in the list.

I'm all for organizing our cars. Maybe make our own categories to sort them by as well. 👍

Considering the sheer number of cars in GT, it does surprise me we don't have a more robust set of organizational tools. A certain other racing game allows you to create different groups within your garage, naming them anything you want, and then populating them based on your own personal choices. This is far better, to me, than having to work within PD's predetermined categories (Standard/Premium, sorted by make/year/etc etc). For example, I have a "Drift" group that has some mightily disparate choices in it, cars that never could be grouped together if we only had GT5's methods to use.

That said, it could be improved; instead of groups, as someone has already mentioned earlier in this thread, PD could use user-generated filters to let us sort our own garages. The problem with FM4's groups setup is that a car can only exist in one group at a time; with filters, that wouldn't be an issue! 👍

Folders!
I too am totally miffed by waiting for the whole garage, or wrong half of it, to load before i can select one car ... same with paints and museum cards.

Last edited:
Folders!
I too am totally miffed by waiting for the whole garage, or wrong half of it, to load before i can select one car ... same with paints and museum cards.
What about flags?

For me the perfect garage in GT6 would allow me to name my cars, apply custom tags and categories to them, re-organize them in list form however I see fit, add/remove all parts including wheels and exterior mods right there without having to go to GT Auto, and actually f'ing save the filters I've applied so I won't have to keep applying them again every time I return to my garage. That is all.

Back