PD vs Hackers "Notice of Account Ban Measures"

• Thread starter p3bucky
  • 470 comments
First of all, its not a hockey puck...its a video camera, strike one. Second, its on the roof of the car, not the hood, therefore the correct name is a roof cam, strike two. Lastly, and most importantly, its just reflections, nothing more, strike three, you're out.
No its a hacked car watch it again thats not reflections

No its a hacked car watch it again thats not reflections

Ok, as was asked already, why would anyone hack their car to do that? All that is, is a roof cam and has no bearing on how the car performs, hacked or not. As far as I know, and I know all the elite hybriders and everyone else "in the know", there is no reason, or way, to hack the car to do that. The car may be hacked yes, but that roof cam has nothing to do with it. It is impossible to hack just the roof cam. I have not seen, heard, or read about anything of the nature. You are going to have to do more than just show me a small video of what seems to be reflections to convince me otherwise....feel free to do so. 👍 I like it when I'm proven wrong because then all my fans come out to celebrate the occasion. :sly: :lol:

Its not reflecting things its changing colors. Did you watch the video again? also you forgot the e on the end of quite

Damn I realy need that green hockey puck :lol:
@stash
Can you upload data from that replay so I can prove you are wrong\right about hacking?
But I higly doubt that is hacked....

Just PM it and no rush :)

If you're implying that that is like the 5727cc paint from GT5 then you're wrong. There isn't a paint that changes colors like that in GT6. There's a glitched dealer paint that is almost like that (I've posted a picture of it on GTP) but it only shows up while driving the car. Watching it in replay or driving with someone who has that paint it looks like it's the default black.

But I don't know. There may be a paint like that but no one that I know of has found it.

Its not reflecting things its changing colors. Did you watch the video again? also you forgot the e on the end of quite

Yes, I watched the video several times. What you are referring to in the video is not a hack of any kind. It is simply reflections or glitchiness of reflections, if that makes any sense. :lol: It is not due to any hacking or hybridding of any kind.

maybe if there is a way for them (PD) to do a file check when someone joins a lobby, if this person is using a modified save then a message in the chat box will pop telling you that X player is using a modified file save, this way you can kick the player off the room, this message would automatically pop up again at the end of a race, in case you didn't see it, I think this is a good way to keep everyone happy, sorry for the bad english!

Its not reflections or glitching reflections

Yes, it is reflections. I took out one of my NASCAR cars yesterday and re-created the same scenario. When I watched the replay, guess what I saw.....the same reflections that you are claiming are due hacking/hybriding. So yes, it is only some weird ass reflections/lighting effects going on, nothing more.

maybe if there is a way for them (PD) to do a file check when someone joins a lobby, if this person is using a modified save then a message in the chat box will pop telling you that X player is using a modified file save, this way you can kick the player off the room, this message would automatically pop up again at the end of a race, in case you didn't see it, I think this is a good way to keep everyone happy, sorry for the bad english!

This is precisely the issue, and it's unfortunately not straight-forward, which is what the majority of the debate in this thread has been about.

Yes, it is reflections. I took out one of my NASCAR cars yesterday and re-created the same scenario. When I watched the replay, guess what I saw.....the same reflections that you are claiming are due hacking/hybriding. So yes, it is only some weird ass reflections/lighting effects going on, nothing more.
Did I not say that 3 pages ago?
Thanks Cargo. Lol

Unfortunately, seeing how PD dealt with hybrids on GT5, they will just keep trying to patch them out of the game and eventually fix the methods that take a reasonable effort. As someone pointed out a while ago, they cannot openly acknowledge or support hybrids/hacking the game/modding cars.

Personally I'd prefer them to let it slide. Maybe introduce a check of sorts that prevents you from going on track in a hybrid if it is an online lobby/race/leaderboard competition. But I'm modding the game to fix flaws of individual cars such as sounds or looks so I'm not the stereotype of a hacker/cheater/whatever trying to sneak my hybrids into races. I barely even race on GT6 anymore, I spend 99% of my time online in free roam/track day/drift rooms.

Here's an example of my hybrids, very simple yet very fun modification. Stock Gallardo LP550-2 (LP560-4) with torque split set to 0:100 and Limited Slip Diff swapped in from an RWD mid engine exotic. I don't receive any benefit from this competition wise, it just increases fun while driving it (sideways). Will PD ban me for driving it in free roam with friends? Will PD patch the game so this car cannot be had anymore? Probably. Would I bother to hybrid if the game had proper customization options? No.

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Streets of Willow Springs_7.jpg

Not sure where I went with this and this example is rather bad as you can turn the Gallardo 90% RWD in-game already but pls support hybrids k

Last edited:
What if you brought the console not knowing if it had been hacked. My lad has this problem and he's no hacker/Moder

Back