Pics of yourself

• Thread starter keeno_uk
  • 32,465 comments
Ahhhh crap, sorry to hear about your injury! Still it could have been way worse, if the tendon detached from the muscle it would have been a career-ender - so you lucked out. How did it happen anyway? Mixed grip deadlift? Going to hard with preacher curls or simply going too heavy too quickly?

Couple years ago I partially tore my biceps tendon, I did not require a surgery but I could only do squats with the safety bar and light presses with barbells for 3 months. Felt like really bad tendonitis that took forever to go away.
I did the same thing to my left bicep almost 15 years ago, speed boat inner tube crash.

This time, not near as eventful. It was a quiet mellow night of bowling. Casually curved the 13lb ball and when it released a huge pop rang out and I knew exactly what happened. Two days later and I was in surgery getting reattached.

I know my bicep had been compromised for a while, so I wasn’t completely surprised it happened.

Same repair as last time. They drill through the bone, feed the tendon through the hole and suture a button on the back side of the hole.

Yeah it sucks, but as you said, could have been worse. 👍🏼

D11E797F-2BA4-49B5-97DA-FD261A15E383.jpeg

I did the same thing to my left bicep almost 15 years ago, speed boat inner tube crash.

This time, not near as eventful. It was a quiet mellow night of bowling. Casually curved the 13lb ball and when it released a huge pop rang out and I knew exactly what happened. Two days later and I was in surgery getting reattached.

I know my bicep had been compromised for a while, so I wasn’t completely surprised it happened.

Same repair as last time. They drill through the bone, feed the tendon through the hole and suture a button on the back side of the hole.

Yeah it sucks, but as you said, could have been worse. 👍🏼
Crazy - sounds like there were already some sort of micro tears present in the tendon - on the upside, its a very common injury and people heal 100% from it. Benedict Magnusson and Andy Bolton both tore their biceps tendons completely off while doing 400kg+ mixed grip deadlifts and after they got it fixed they set record after record.

Ten years ago crossing some terrain on my mates bike because his legs were too short. Lol

He’s riding that same road now, which is actually a road now I hear, and sent me this picture.

7ac9f8e4da118a79fd930726383524d9.jpeg

What’s even more exciting is that he’s coming here for a week in April so we can ride for a week to commemorate the tenth anniversary of our ride. We haven’t had a beer together since 2018.
I'm betting "we" had plenty of beers together just in different places.

I'm betting "we" had plenty of beers together just in different places.
We’ve shared several evenings of beers over the radio waves. Just not in person since 6 or so years ago.

These days I smoke more weed than I drink beer, so when we tour in April our evenings will be a little less crazy than they used to be.

Last edited:
We’ve shared several evenings of beers over the radio waves. Just not in person since 6 or so years ago.

These days I smoke more weed than I drink beer, so when we tour in April our evenings will be a little less crazy than they used to be.
Get better weed!

Get better weed!
I’d struggle to get better within my budget. If I had $20/g, I’m sure I’d have high grade. But for my micro-dosing needs, $8/g covers my weekly dosage.

I don’t use to get stoned, I just appreciate the clarity.

I’d struggle to get better within my budget. If I had $20/g, I’m sure I’d have high grade. But for my micro-dosing needs, $8/g covers my weekly dosage.

I don’t use to get stoned, I just appreciate the clarity.
Do like "The Crazy Opelgt1969 guy" does grow your own haven’t bought any in over 3 years unless you count seeds. Of course it's legal to grow where I live.

Do like "The Crazy Opelgt1969 guy" does grow your own haven’t bought any in over 3 years unless you count seeds. Of course it's legal to grow where I live.
I had a big bag of homegrown from a friend recently but it wasn’t very good. It’s legal to grow up to 8 plants here for personal use but I’m not very good with keeping them alive.

Edit:

Participation trophy for keeping a job.
IMG_9472.jpeg

Last edited:
1707651914594.jpeg

We put a truck on your truck so you can truck with a truck.

That little wagon is awesome. Is it a Mitsubishi? Has the styling of a Suzuki Vitara. What’s the deal?

Me in April last year, trying to get my son to look at the camera instead of the Tonka toy behind us.
To possibly put the size of the truck into perspective, i'm 1.77m tall (5.8ft).

It was taken at the Wheels At Wanaka event in Central Otago, touted as one of the best all vehicle shows in NZ/Australasia or something. Cars, trucks, excavators, bulldozers, tractors and so on. Awesome show.
_DSC9432 (1920x1280).jpg

Last edited:
DSC_2101.JPG

Still a hard life but now I'm waiting for my parents to get their luggage from Schiphol Airport, and that is once again completely useless in handling luggage.

But hey, excuse for a midnight Happy Meal.

Latest Posts

Back