Poll: Do you anticipate playing pCARS more than GT?

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 44 comments

Do you anticipate playing pCARS more than GT?

• No

Votes: 59 59.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
MastrGT
With Project CARS scheduled to be released on the PlayStation platform before Christmas and based on what you know about Project CARS, which simulator do you think you will play more, GT or pCARS?

Reasons for or against playing one game or the other can help put your reply into perspective, for other players and PD.

Assuming Project Cars will be as good as it looks, then I'll ditch Gran Turismo entirely for Project Cars.
Basically, my patience with Polyphony and their endless incompetence has dropped to zero. May they burn in peace.

Are the Audi and Renault cars still unlicensed at this point? If so then it would put me off a bit, I just can't stand Licenced and Unlicensed cars together in a game.

No....I simply dont have the money for a ps4 so atm, I'll stick with GT
GT fanboy me....;)
Edit: Integra and LFA fanboy actually;)

Sure that PCars looks good and stuff, thats because i'ts made ton run in a much powerful system than the PS3, so please dont try to compare it with GT6 just by the looks, because its silly. When GT7 comes out for the PS4, surely it will look at least as good as PCars, but my bet is that it will look even better.
For what I've seen, PCars has:
-Inaccurate Nordschleife
-Slow AI similar to GT6
-The cars have a lot of grip.

People talk a lot about pCARS but right now for me it's just a very nice looking game for screenshots. The graphics are really great and that's it imho.

I hope it gets better. When they have at least 300 cars featuring both road, track, everyday, small, big, classic cars and a great career mode where you can buy and tune your cars it may get interesting.

People often talk bad things about GT but they forget the size of the whole thing and the huge scope it has.

No - I (we) may be frustrated about the wait but I have no doubt GT will be updated and if you add proper AI, sound and all the other things to what we already have there will be hardly anything that will come close.

People talk a lot about pCARS but right now for me it's just a very nice looking game for screenshots. The graphics are really great and that's it imho.

I hope it gets better. When they have at least 300 cars featuring both road, track, everyday, small, big, classic cars and a great career mode where you can buy and tune your cars it may get interesting.

People often talk bad things about GT but they forget the size of the whole thing and the huge scope it has.
Totally agree.
I blame the casual gamers. Those who basically get attracted by nice graphics and dont look much beyond them. These are for me the ones who ruin the gaming world.

I'm not even planning on buying this one. If they release a demo, i will try it. I'm waiting for GT6 to be fixed, and i will return to online racing :)

I agree.

Although GT's scope and scale are likely a gift and a curse. IMO the game has gotten so large that the company is struggling to move forward efficiently. Watch the Maserati Ghibli "strike" commercial, she's talking about PD and every other overweight non-evolving company. The sky is not falling to the degree that this forum(of late) will make you feel, but there's no denying the growing discontent.

9.5, 9.8, 9.8, 9.5, 8.5, 8.0 (Review scores per IGN for the series starting with GT1)

Now I don't know if pCars will be the white knight to save all. But PD is helping other game companies sell copies right now. I gave up on GT6 around Jan 1 with the Red Bull event nonsense. I downloaded Assetto Corsa, fell in love, spent $500 on a GTX 780 SC and will not be buying a next gen console.

Welcome to free market capitalism.

Depends on a lot of things like the release dates, DLC support, how popular is online etc. GT7 could launch any time from Dec 2014 to 2016 but I expect PCars for this holiday season so it could well be 2 years between releases. Once PCars hits the shelves I'll likely drop GT6 like a hot potato unless they've made some dramatic improvements and fixed all the bugs.

Totally agree.
I blame the casual gamers. Those who basically get attracted by nice graphics and dont look much beyond them. These are for me the ones who ruin the gaming world.

The irony is killing me

I can't vote yet because it depends on if pCARS can deliver a great racing simulation with good AI and decent multiplayer. If it does all this on PS4 as planned then I can totally see getting GT7 as well whenever it comes out assuming it has decent reviews. If pCARS is signifcantly better (I'm talking features here - I'm not concerned with the graphical difference between platforms) or only on PC then I will probably get a gaming PC and go that route.

The one thing I can promise is that I will not be preordering GT7 as I did GT6, and I will not buy a PS4 just for GT7 unless it turns out to be truly epic. PD has lost that level of trust from me.

Reactions: VBR
If it sounds good, has accurate tracks and the physics aren't arcadey...I'll be all over it and drop gt no question.
But...there are always so many promises that things will drive, sound and look better than gt but they usually fall short of a better overall package. I might have some faith in this being influenced more by the community which will hopefully mean efforts and resources are spent in the right areas though.

I got my Laurea (University graduation) just few days ago, I'm waiting for some money income to buy a new computer (actually playing on a 5 years old notebook, not much comfortable to play racing games, very low fps) to... Finally play Assetto Corsa, which I think it's the best sim racing in the way along with rFactor 2...

If it sounds good, has accurate tracks and the physics aren't arcadey...I'll be all over it and drop gt no question.
But...there are always so many promises that things will drive, sound and look better than gt but they usually fall short of a better overall package. I might have some faith in this being influenced more by the community which will hopefully mean efforts and resources are spent in the right areas though.

There are lots of examples now of how the tracks are designed and what the cars will look and sound like like and how the cars feel, etc.

Pcars or Drive club , GT is as boring as hell for me nowadays , its a track day game and a lame one at that.

Comparing an unfinished product that is set to be released on a different console... not sure what you are trying to prove with this topic.

As I do not own a PS4 nor do I know how Pcars will end up to be (maybe it even has more flaws then GT6 who knows?!) I would say 'no'.

But again I believe this topic better would have been created after the release of Pcars!?

Kronos197t: 9399365
Comparing an unfinished product that is set to be released on a different console... not sure what you are trying to prove with this topic.

As I do not own a PS4 nor do I know how Pcars will end up to be (maybe it even has more flaws then GT6 who knows?!) I would say 'no'.

But again I believe this topic better would have been created after the release of Pcars!?
Where has the OP compared ? As for the rest of your post the clue word here the OP used is " anticipate"

No ... just based on the physics of Grid2 Shift2... nice poll 👍

Last edited:
Assuming Project Cars will be as good as it looks, then I'll ditch Gran Turismo entirely for Project Cars.

The whole concept of Project Cars (which is the first ever community/developer made & funded racing simulator) certainly has the potential to kill Gran Turismo for me & many others. However, whether they actually pull it off or not is another matter entirely. If the physics & force feedback feel realistic, & the online is stable, & there are not too many bugs, then in that case I'll probably be sold on it & leave the GT series behind.

All GT7 will then be good for to me is picking up a second hand copy for a few quid & going, "Ooooh, Ahhhh! What nice graphics! :drool:" After 5 minutes of that I'll pop P-Cars back in my PS4 & go on for some serious virtual motor racing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back