[POLL] Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Thread starter HKS racer
  • 139 comments

Senna content. Will you be happy with only a Time Trial?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HKS racer

(Banned)
Ok so here we are, PD showed Senna's Lotus. Looking at the trend of how they used important licences before, as you know, there's an high chace everything we'll get from it is yet another Time Trial leaderboard, the Lotus car as prize, Senna helmet/drivesuits and that's pretty much it.

No racing involved. Senna was a true race car driver, I don't think this would be a good way to commemorate him.

Vote the poll if you want and explain your vote.

UPDATE:
"No" actually means "No but good AI is mandatory".

DISCLAIMER:
I'm not saying they shouldn't give use a TT. I'm saying they shouldn't give us ONLY a TT.

Last edited:
I don't expect that there will be a new race with this car, what would it race against?
But maybe you'll be able to enter it in Like the Wind.
There's always online, are there cars that aren't drivable online?

To me a time trial isn't enough to consider 'tracing the roots of his career'.

Yes I'm happy that we're getting the Lotus but there has to be more to it than just that.

But we are talking about PD here....

What potential is there for racing except for racing 15 other identical cars?

They haven't thought this through, have they?
Well people used Ferrari F1's and Formula GT in Gran Turismo 5 even if cars were the same.

Project Cars have this Lotus on disguised name with several good looking liveries, people seems to like them even if cars are all the same. Racing is a different feeling than time trialing.

They can always paint that Lotus in other colors and give them to AI.
Yeah, I've seen videos of ProjectCars where they've got a ton of liveries for older Lotus's. But with PD's unwillingness to compromise reality for a better user experience (think stars making the game and course maker not) I don't see this as something that has entered their box of thinking.
@SVT Cobra GT reminded me that they've called it "Tracing the Roots of Senna", the only way I can see a race cars driver's life being traced is by racing.
But I guess PD has actually thought this through since they give us a car he drove to pole position I guess they'll give us a TT to show you're a quick qualifier. Only upside is that they'd have to give us Estoril since that was the track.
I voted no.

Senna, as good of a racer as he was, he just loved pushing the **** out of a car, at the limit. I think a time trial, in the sleeting rain, with the crowd going berserk at Interlagos would be amazing.

Unless they significantly improve the AI where is the fun?
Yes of course, the meaning of this thread is to race against competitive AI to fairly rapresent Senna's career. Nobody gifted anything to him on the race tracks.

Last edited:
Care to explain your vote?

I'm not interested in Senna content, so naturally I'm happy with only a time trial, or no time trial.

I know Senna was an F1 driver. If I was more interested about Senna I would have done some research to find out more about him. If I had done research about him, I wouldn't need some PD section on him. Seeing as I'm not interested about Senna, I also do not need some PD section on him.

I don't want to come across like I dislike him. If there is something added to the game, there is every chance I will just ignore it.

I pre ordered the game, picked it up the day it was released and I still have not got my S license or started on goodward festival content.

Right now, my login bonus is maxed, so I have played at least 5 days consecutively. I just tune and drive the cars I like the most (mostly) and I have completely ignored any car or race or other content in GT6 that does not appeal to me.

I doubt the AI is getting an overhaul just for this so yeah, a couple of time trials is all I really expect. A rolling start "race" with 15 identical cars that give up would be a pretty big insult to all fans as well as the man himself.

If you can't do something properly for once, please don't bother.

Since it is also the first car in which he won a pole, a TT is what it will be. And seeing how utter garbage PDs AI is, I tend to say: Better be only that. Dont see how they would be able to create any kind of exciting race to do Sennas magic justice with those noobotrons.

I'm not interested in Senna content, so naturally I'm happy with only a time trial, or no time trial.

I know Senna was an F1 driver. If I was more interested about Senna I would have done some research to find out more about him. If I had done research about him, I wouldn't need some PD section on him. Seeing as I'm not interested about Senna, I also do not need some PD section on him.

I wish there was a 'dislike' option.

Don't care about Senna. I am a car enthusiast, not a motorsport or celebrity fan. So better make it interesting like adding a new track. It still wouldn't be enough, but at least a track is useful. Mario Andretti;s Hudson was at least useful and fun since you could enter various events with it. I don't see that happening with this Lotus.

Still waiting for quality content, PD. Give me a good reason to play GT6 again.

Since it is also the first car in which he won a pole, a TT is what it will be. And seeing how utter garbage PDs AI is, I tend to say: Better be only that. Dont see how they would be able to create any kind of exciting race to do Sennas magic justice with those noobotrons.

New Senna AI setting. Tired of the AI gifting you wins? Try new Senna AI. Not only does it have godly speed but if you ever get along side, it will ruthlessly run you off the road. You will never win a race offline again. :P

And seeing how utter garbage PDs AI is, I tend to say: Better be only that. Dont see how they would be able to create any kind of exciting race to do Sennas magic justice with those noobotrons.
My vote goes to time trials then, because as others stated, the AI in GT6 sucks.
Well, you have a point there.

But AI shortcomings shouldn't justify PD to deliver only time trials, that would be kind of a misleading vote. Because I think most people would be more happy with not only a TT but also some interesting racing events.

If I could modify the poll I would edit "No" into "No but good AI is mandatory" that would make more sense.

Beware I'm not saying they shouldn't give use a TT. I'm saying they shouldn't give us ONLY a TT.

If it was based on the GT-R 1vs1 challenge it would be sensational to be honest...imagine a Prost vs Senna battle on Interlagos!

Back