The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
The new Toyota is cool and it sounds nice.
About the interior, the reason I think it doesn't have one (or the other VGTs) is how I believe the game works. I think the interior we see in 3rd person and the one in cockpit view are different models. For example, in the Lotus 97T the displays are not functional and it seems to have less polygons when compared to cockpit view. That's also why I believe you can only see the cockpit of your car in replays: because the game doesn't load the in car views of other cars. For the VGT cars I think each company models their car and when they deliver them to PD for the finishing touches, there's only the "exterior" car model. So instead of just putting a camera inside the car wich probably wouldn't look so good, they decided to black it out, maybe until the interior models are finished. That's what I believe happened to the BMW M4. Obviously the VW is an exception, but I think VW spend less time in other areas so the car could have an interior modeled in time for release.

This is just my wild guess but I think it's the most logical reason why the VGTs doesn't have interior views despite having them modeled already inside the cars.

The new Toyota is cool and it sounds nice.
About the interior, the reason I think it doesn't have one (or the other VGTs) is how I believe the game works. I think the interior we see in 3rd person and the one in cockpit view are different models. For example, in the Lotus 97T the displays are not functional and it seems to have less polygons when compared to cockpit view. That's also why I believe you can only see the cockpit of your car in replays: because the game doesn't load the in car views of other cars. For the VGT cars I think each company models their car and when they deliver them to PD for the finishing touches, there's only the "exterior" car model. So instead of just putting a camera inside the car wich probably wouldn't look so good, they decided to black it out, maybe until the interior models are finished. That's what I believe happened to the BMW M4. Obviously the VW is an exception, but I think VW spend less time in other areas so the car could have an interior modeled in time for release.

This is just my wild guess but I think it's the most logical reason why the VGTs doesn't have interior views despite having them modeled already inside the cars.

Ronda_32.jpg

I know there's an interior in the Toyota VGT (wich is the same in the normal version). If you look closely all VGT cars have modeled interiors. The seats in the Mercedes VGT are different between the two cars, the BMW has a rollcage and the seat is located behind the b-pillar like the DTM cars, and you can even see some shapes inside the Aston at certain lighting conditions, they just don't have any textures. What I was saying is that this models maybe are not good to use in cockpit view because they may have lower polygon count and wouldn't look very good up close, or they maybe not even be fully functional. So there's a separate model just for the cockpit that PD would need to model it themselves. I don't know if GT works this way but there are some games that do and in my head it's could be one reason as to why the VGTs have no cockpit views. But it's just a theory.

I know there's an interior in the Toyota VGT (wich is the same in the normal version). If you look closely all VGT cars have modeled interiors. The seats in the Mercedes VGT are different between the two cars, the BMW has a rollcage and the seat is located behind the b-pillar like the DTM cars, and you can even see some shapes inside the Aston at certain lighting conditions, they just don't have any textures. What I was saying is that this models maybe are not good to use in cockpit view because they may have lower polygon count and wouldn't look very good up close, or they maybe not even be fully functional. So there's a separate model just for the cockpit that PD would need to model it themselves. I don't know if GT works this way but there are some games that do and in my head it's could be one reason as to why the VGTs have no cockpit views. But it's just a theory.
Look at the picture, or even better, look at it yourself in photo mode, it is really detailed.

Look at the picture, or even better, look at it yourself in photo mode, it is really detailed.

Yes it is indeed. But seeing as it's just recycled from the road car, I would say Toyota didn't have an exclusive interior for the car yet and used the one in the regular FT-1 as a placeholder. And in game, the interior is much worse which leads me to believe the one in photomode is not fully functional so PD decided not to use it ingame. Maybe they thought the regular FT-1 interior is too "normal" for a racing car, I don't know. What is interesting is that the driver animations also look recycled from the road car as the Toyota VGT is the only one (except the VW) where the driver actually changes gears.

Even though we can't fine tune the car (future update hopefully) but it seriously drives like its on rails. Best VGT car yet.

The FT-1 VGT is epic

It sounds as good as it drives. Corners perfect for my driving style, fastest VGT around a track to date. No surprise its a full blown racer, but wow this thing handles so good. All driving helpers turned off, its sweeeet.

Yeah agree...Took the Toyota FT-1 VGT to Circuito de la Sierra to test it out without driving assists...wow, what a blast!! This VGT really loves the Zahara cambered corners

I quite like the new Toyota FT-1 VGT car. Its understeer suits my driving style.

Only downside to the car is the crazy gearing. It is far too long for a GT styled car.

Last edited:
Yeah agree...Took the Toyota FT-1 VGT to Circuito de la Sierra to test it out without driving assists...wow, what a blast!! This VGT really loves the Zahara cambered corners

100%

Wheel & Pedals nothing between them and the road.

I don't feel any understeer, the car is neutral on entry and through the corner with controllable power oversteer on exit. Excellent handling all around.

The cars in a class of its own. Maybe the MB VGT racer can keep up, I haven't messed with that one too much yet, gives me something to do.

Loved the movie for the car - wished that Pencil concept drawing in the movie was in
the ones we get in GT6 - that pencil sketch was a thing of beauty.

FT1 VGT

didn't enjoy Bathurst much (Terrible shadow flicker on the track for me)- but the car was bonzer brakes - ABS=0 and the thing never locked up and stopped like I was dropping onto the back end of an aircraftcarrier. Most arresting!

Not sure if this is the best one... but that Nissan is looking dog rough.

There's something odd about the Nissan 2020 VGT. If you sort your garage by power, the Nissan is sorted at about 620hp. If you now restrict it to 99.9% it is suddenly sorted as if it has over 690hp. :odd:

Actually it apparently has this higher power level with any use of the power limiter (relative to a theoretical full power of over 690hp). Only with default 100% it seems to fall back to 620hp.

There's something odd about the Nissan 2020 VGT. If you sort your garage by power, the Nissan is sorted at about 620hp. If you now restrict it to 99.9% it is suddenly sorted as if it has over 690hp. :odd:

Actually it apparently has this higher power level with any use of the power limiter (relative to a theoretical full power of over 690hp). Only with default 100% it seems to fall back to 620hp.

This got me curious and I went to test this online with room restrictions and this is what I found: (got pre 1.12 data too)

Before 1.12 stock Nissan VGT 615PP 591bhp / 1575kg , with oil change 616pp 621bhp / 1575kg

After 615pp 697bhp / 1575kg , with oil change 616pp 697bhp / 1575kg

Alpine will make an announcement in 7 days (probably next Friday) , exclusively on facebook.

I really don't know what it is about. Something about the endurance racing program? The new Alpine road car? Nothing interesting for us? or... unveiling of the VGT??

it's just speculation, but who knows.... :P

How did you find this out? Can you post the link so that we can see? Is this related in any way to the fact that it is currently the Paris Motor Show event?

This is ALL complete speculation of course, but I have been thinking that many of the Vision concepts have been promoted at car shows and car events (Detroit, Goodwood etc) and Paris is one of the big shows. So there would be some logic to releasing or announcing the next Vision concept during the Paris Motor Show, whatever it may be.

If it is not the Alpine Vision concept, then the announcement will probably still be tied to the Paris Motor Show (but would not be relevant to us).

Generally, I think the periods around the motor shows are potentially excellent marketing dates for these concept releases, both for Polyphony and for the car manufacturers themselves.

As an aside, we also have a lot of Japanese manufacturers outstanding on the list but I don't see another motor show in Japan until the Tokyo Auto Salon in January 2015.

Looks good, real?

I dont like how VGT's are getting less tuneable

The AM has wacky LSD settings I wish I could tune in the game, it needs it, and the guy in a video on it said it was going to be 50/50 but in the game it not, when I add ballast to make it 50/50 it handles great on default settings. SNAFU PD? I dont get why it had to sound so bad,I mean come on PD the 97T/F3/X1/ sound good use that technique on other types of engines. Its the only unexcuseable flaw of GT6 IMHO. Maybe a sound fix will be PD X-Max gift or farewell PS3/GT6 gift as they move on to GT7. No Hype, just a hope.

The Nissan is not so bad, but could be so much better if all the parts could be tuned, particularly the gears. It also came in error with SS Tires over RH like every other VGT with Racing Brakes Equipped from Factory, it drives okay with RH like the others but it doesn't feel as refined as most, none are as perfect as the Toyota.

The Toyota FT-1 Racecar is unbelievably perfectly tuned default,but Id still like to tune it, I hope the trend goes back to cars like the VW, BMW or even fingers crossed Mercedes.

Last edited:
While I'm happy to get some VGT news (as its usually associated with an update of some sort), that Alpine is a bit over the top. Wish manufacturers would base their cars a little closer to reality. It'll take PD a little too much brainpower to figure out how this is going to work in in the game (physics wise).

While I'm happy to get some VGT news (as its usually associated with an update of some sort), that Alpine is a bit over the top. Wish manufacturers would base their cars a little closer to reality. It'll take PD a little too much brainpower to figure out how this is going to work in in the game (physics wise).
They had no problems with the physics bending X20xx cars....

Back