Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
First. Brilliant gearing. I'm guessing you have some sort of spread sheet for this?
Anyways, I enjoyed the tune, it was a fun ride, and really quick through the faster parts of the track. Through section one of Trial Mountain I was averaging six tenths faster than with what I was running. The problem I did have though was in the tighter sections where I was being killed by oversteer. In the end I wound up running a 1:17.334 with yours and a 1:17.290 with the one I had been running, so they are in fact very very close. Since then I have been working on a compromise of the two and have literally trimmed a whole second off of my previous times. I toned down your drivetrain to remove almost all wheel spin on hard acceleration, and removed a few of the extremities in the suspension to even the car out and give it what I would call a very go-kart-ish feel. I'm not going to post my tune here (it is your tuning thread ;) ) but if you would like to see what I had done I'd be glad to give it to you.

Thanks for the review. The gears ? allways the same method i use and explain at the beginning of my thread, sometime with little variations, no math only proportionaly spreaded on setting panel.
Trial mountain is a very special track and need a special tune. To tell the true, any track need special tune. But i do mine on Suzuka and the ring (Tracks i prefer) and it's ok on those one .I'll test your tune for shure ,it's always good to see other approach. You can publish it here or anywhere else, no problem, my garage is a open place to exchange ideas. Everybody can feel free to use or modify what he want with my tunes. There is no copyright, it's to use and share with everybody who like them to drive.
Thanks again, have a good day.

I've been reading about your Camaro LM Race Car tune :-) I want to take the rest of the day off from job to wheel this car around the track, but job first play later :-)
I'll let you know what my times are.

Thanks my friend, cheers :-)

Everybody can feel free to use or modify what he want with my tunes. There is no copyright, it's to use and share with everybody who like them to drive.

Oh really? What would you say, if somebody post exactly the same tunes under his name? Just one thing: Yes, it already happened with another tuner.........

---
i would just like to mention, that i think a car list sorted by date would be better rather an alphabetical sorted list cause you release A LOT of tunes so it is hard to keep up all the new ones. and the red "new" behind the cars doesn't help that much, because you have to scroll through the whole car list and check what's new.
just my opinion though.

I think the alphabetical order is the best way for the first site. I've no problems to find a tune, cause I use ctrl + f!

I've been reading about your Camaro LM Race Car tune :-) I want to take the rest of the day off from job to wheel this car around the track, but job first play later :-)
I'll let you know what my times are.

Thanks my friend, cheers :-)

Yes, job first, reality haha for real cash, real job !! 👍 Yes this is a good car, good surprise for me, don't know why i've spent all this time without it. I'll buy one tonight in OCD. I hope to have a lot of surprises like this in the game. This is the good side of GT5, more than 1000 cars, there is always one to discover.

Oh really? What would you say, if somebody post exactly the same tunes under his name? Just one thing: Yes, it already happened with another tuner.........

I think the alphabetical order is the best way for the first site. I've no problems to find a tune, cause I use ctrl + f!

Hello my friend Slump, what would i say?? perhaps a little joke about this, but nothing more, i really don't care. It's just a hobby ,just a game.
EDIT: you're the doctor ,tell me. What can i say to somebody that edit one off my tunes like if it was his own creation ????? Personnaly , nothing. But i'm not a Psy...

Do you know what i do myself when i think my garage is a mess ???? I go direct on Adrenaline thread ,and look for my tune.... hahahahah:) 👍 very good and clear big garage for everybody, including me.
Have a good day.

Last edited:
praiano63
Yes, job first, reality haha for real cash, real job !! 👍 Yes this is a good car, good surprise for me, don't know why i've spent all this time without it. I'll buy one tonight in OCD. I hope to have a lot of surprises like this in the game. This is the good side of GT5, more than 1000 cars, there is always one to discover.

Your tunes made me discover cars that I would have not thought of driving around the track 👍 :-)

Hello my friend Slump, what would i say?? perhaps a little joke about this, but nothing more, i really don't care. It's just a hobby ,just a game.
EDIT: you're the doctor ,tell me. What can i say to somebody that edit one off my tunes like if it was his own creation ????? Personnaly , nothing. But i'm not a Psy...

Do you know what i do myself when i think my garage is a mess ???? I go direct on Adrenaline thread ,and look for my tune.... hahahahah:) 👍 very good and clear big garage for everybody, including me.
Have a good day.

No, that's not what I mean. I meant: If he post exactly(!) (without changing anything) the same tune under his name.

I don't think that your garage is a mess. It's as easy to find tunes here as in Adrenalines thread. I think it's good like it is.

EDIT: And you really like low rear dampers on race cars, don't you? :) But I understand you, it works soooo goooood! 👍

No, that's not what I mean. I meant: If he post exactly(!) (without changing anything) the same tune under his name.

I don't think that your garage is a mess. It's as easy to find tunes here as in Adrenalines thread. I think it's good like it is.

EDIT: And you really like low rear dampers on race cars, don't you? :) But I understand you, it works soooo goooood! 👍

Low rear dampers on race cars ?? It's like spreading butter on a slice of bread with a round knife. Hmmm let the rear so good, lot of grip and stay smooth.
I know, i'm a poet...!!:)

Low rear dampers on race cars ?? It's like spreading butter on a slice of bread with a round knife. Hmmm let the rear so good, lot of grip and stay smooth.
I know, i'm a poet...!!:)

Ehhmm, yeess...!?! :confused:

(Philosophy is not my thing......:) )

👍 Fast becoming my favourite tuner.
Used your Ceruma Supra tune on the Castrol Tom's Supra with hi turbo on the ring GPf and instantly shed 2.5 seconds off my previous best.
The turn in was so much better. The confidence inspired by the stability of the tune is the sole reason for such improvement.
Very,very good work sir. You're a major asset to this community. Thank you.

👍 Fast becoming my favourite tuner.
Used your Ceruma Supra tune on the Castrol Tom's Supra with hi turbo on the ring GPf and instantly shed 2.5 seconds off my previous best.
The turn in was so much better. The confidence inspired by the stability of the tune is the sole reason for such improvement.
Very,very good work sir. You're a major asset to this community. Thank you.

Thanks a lot my friend, this is exactly the sensation i have with this tune. Confidence ,stability, both allow you to focuse on driving line and nothing else. The result is better laptime. I love the Nissan GTR yellowhat for the same reason.
Thanks again and enjoy the tunes.

i would just like to mention, that i think a car list sorted by date would be better rather an alphabetical sorted list cause you release A LOT of tunes so it is hard to keep up all the new ones. and the red "new" behind the cars doesn't help that much, because you have to scroll through the whole car list and check what's new.
just my opinion though.

Did you try pushing ctrl "f"? it brings up a little window top right and whatever you type is searches on the current page.

First. Brilliant gearing. I'm guessing you have some sort of spread sheet for this?
Anyways, I enjoyed the tune, it was a fun ride, and really quick through the faster parts of the track. Through section one of Trial Mountain I was averaging six tenths faster than with what I was running. The problem I did have though was in the tighter sections where I was being killed by oversteer. In the end I wound up running a 1:17.334 with yours and a 1:17.290 with the one I had been running, so they are in fact very very close. Since then I have been working on a compromise of the two and have literally trimmed a whole second off of my previous times. I toned down your drivetrain to remove almost all wheel spin on hard acceleration, and removed a few of the extremities in the suspension to even the car out and give it what I would call a very go-kart-ish feel. I'm not going to post my tune here (it is your tuning thread ;) ) but if you would like to see what I had done I'd be glad to give it to you.

Thanks for the review. The gears ? allways the same method i use and explain at the beginning of my thread, sometime with little variations, no math only proportionaly spreaded on setting panel.
Trial mountain is a very special track and need a special tune. To tell the true, any track need special tune. But i do mine on Suzuka and the ring (Tracks i prefer) and it's ok on those one .I'll test your tune for shure ,it's always good to see other approach. You can publish it here or anywhere else, no problem, my garage is a open place to exchange ideas. Everybody can feel free to use or modify what he want with my tunes. There is no copyright, it's to use and share with everybody who like them to drive.

JLawrence, given Praiano's response, would you mind sharing your LSD suggestions for this car? I have read a lot of LSD threads and not much has made it through my thick skull. Maybe if we talk about this specific car I can understand. Do tracks with hills bring out the wheel spin more than flat tracks?

praiano63,

im fairly new to the board but not the GT series,i must say i have used your enzo tune and its a frickin BEAST now!

and your gt-r tune for the yellowhat car tranfers awesomely to the other ones as well!
your my first stop when im looking for a tune,i do have a question tho....

ive noticed on your YH GT-R tune you have the transmission set to max speed of 211mph,when i set it at that i can not get the last 2(5th and 6th gear)gears to match what you have displayed.

i dropped max speed down to 205mph and was able to get 5th dialed in but im still short on 6th...any ideas?

thanks again lovin your tunes!

praiano63
CHEVROLET CAMARO LM RACE CAR

I tune this car borrowed from a friend, so I don't know if it's tuned to the max HP or not. If not, must be.. Deguello !!!!!:nervous:

Downforce 50/70

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3070 (stock)
3- Select top speed at 340 km/h = 211,3 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 3351
2: 2316
3: 1720
4: 1408
5: 1178
6: 1010

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 321 km/h = 199,5 mph

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track ,this is a short gear box ,for the ring final gear around 2850 after doing the setting above.

power 685 hp
weight 1160 kg
perf. Points: 655 pp

LSD Rear 07/36/05

Ride Height -20/ -20

Spring Rate 17.0/14.0
Extension 9/3
Compression 8/3
Anti-roll bars 5/4

Camber 1.2/1.6
Toe 0.00/+0.08

Brake Balance 6/7

tires R3/R3-R2/R2-R1/R1

Enjoy
Just tested on Suzuka Circuit 3.61 miles

Great tune never changed a thing
Lap 1-- 1:48.563
Lap 2-- 2:00.098 (had to answer phone one hand on wheel)
Lap 3-- 1:50.221 ( still talking on phone)
Lap 4-- 1:48.243 ( not on phone )
Lap 5-- 1:47.628
Lap 6-- I was .262 faster then lap 5 then the phone started ringing had to answer.

Going to try the Ring out.

praiano63,

im fairly new to the board but not the GT series,i must say i have used your enzo tune and its a frickin BEAST now!

and your gt-r tune for the yellowhat car tranfers awesomely to the other ones as well!
your my first stop when im looking for a tune,i do have a question tho....

ive noticed on your YH GT-R tune you have the transmission set to max speed of 211mph,when i set it at that i can not get the last 2(5th and 6th gear)gears to match what you have displayed.

i dropped max speed down to 205mph and was able to get 5th dialed in but im still short on 6th...any ideas?

thanks again lovin your tunes!

Hello my friend.
Sometime when the car is not fully tuned the original gearbox don't allow the settings of my tune, don't ask me why ...haha:indiff:, my car have all the extra power and i use it in GT500 with the power limiter.
Try this one, it must be ok, i use them on the IMPUL GT-R not full tuned i have.
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3500 (stock)
1: 3238
2: 2359
3: 1796
4: 1418
5: 1157
6: 0975

Just tested on Suzuka Circuit 3.61 miles

Great tune never changed a thing
Lap 1-- 1:48.563
Lap 2-- 2:00.098 (had to answer phone one hand on wheel)
Lap 3-- 1:50.221 ( still talking on phone)
Lap 4-- 1:48.243 ( not on phone )
Lap 5-- 1:47.628
Lap 6-- I was .262 faster then lap 5 then the phone started ringing had to answer.

Going to try the Ring out.

Hahahah what this..... you need an assistant to answer your phone my friend. 1'47"....fast. If you answer this phone again on the ring ..aiaiai don' know if you stay on the road..need concentration. Good luck and tell me how it was. I enjoy a lot this car yesterday on the ring. Very safe, forgive everything.

JLawrence, given Praiano's response, would you mind sharing your LSD suggestions for this car? I have read a lot of LSD threads and not much has made it through my thick skull. Maybe if we talk about this specific car I can understand. Do tracks with hills bring out the wheel spin more than flat tracks?

I went ahead and posted my adjusted settings on my thread (DUI Tuning) so you can see everything that I have done with the car.

Praiano, if you decide you like it feel free to take it, and if you find anything that makes it faster yet please let me know

I went ahead and posted my adjusted settings on my thread (DUI Tuning) so you can see everything that I have done with the car.

Praiano, if you decide you like it feel free to take it, and if you find anything that makes it faster yet please let me know

Ok my friend, i'll give a try.Thanks.

praiano63
I borrowed this car, impossible to go online. But now i know more or less how it will react online. It's 6'00 on the ring,1'49" suzuka for 655 pp not to bad...good, and no wheel spin. Try it and i'm shure you'll be surprised.

I need this car to tune online and make a finish if it need. But i think it'll be ok.

Enjoy your drive.

EDIT: if need something online ,a lower rear will be enough. that's why i let this margin ,now offline it's -20/-20, it must be alwright

Test on Ring just change top speed nothing else
(ONLINE) only did 2 laps of corse online first lap is a warm up no time was recorded

Lap 1-- warm up
Lap 1-- 6:09.169

I think the LSD is a spot on cause if you get in trouble just a little more gas can get you out of trouble

Test on Ring just change top speed nothing else
(ONLINE) only did 2 laps of corse online first lap is a warm up no time was recorded

Lap 1-- warm up
Lap 1-- 6:09.169

I think the LSD is a spot on cause if you get in trouble just a little more gas can get you out of trouble

That's what i say always, when you can create a certain amount of induced oversteer, you can save yourself of a certain kind of bad situations. When you don't have this possibility, you're just a passenger and wait for the wall or the grass .. Not good.

praiano63
That's what i say always, when you can create a certain amount of induced oversteer, you can save yourself of a certain kind of bad situations. When you don't have this possibility, you're just a passenger and wait for the wall or the grass .. Not good.

Cheers my friend :-)

Hello my friend.
Sometime when the car is not fully tuned the original gearbox don't allow the settings of my tune, don't ask me why ...haha:indiff:, my car have all the extra power and i use it in GT500 with the power limiter.
Try this one, it must be ok, i use them on the IMPUL GT-R not full tuned i have.
1- Select default

ah....got it!

thanks for the quick response!

Thank you my friend. I've tried with front spoiler only, with the others 2 little side wings i don't remember the name too, no aero...... all combinations.. But under 650 pp ,i prefer like this, no downforce at all. I love to drive this car like this, and after this news gears ,oriented by CSLAR, it stay better.
I was online on the ring and others tracks, to stay safe and more free to attack racing , just need to low the rear a little bit , for online racing.
Thanks again.

EDIT: Don't forget the rear is front in this game for this ride height setting, so for MacLaren F1 online it will be like // RIDE HEIGHT: -25/-15

Thank YOU, Praiano, for all the good work & effort you put in, along with all the positive feedback. 👍:)👍 Like AndyT said, you're a real asset to the community here!

Could you please explain what you mean by:
"Don't forget the rear is front in this game for this ride height setting, so for MacLaren F1 online it will be like // RIDE HEIGHT: -25/-15" Thanks & have a good day! :)

Thank YOU, Praiano, for all the good work & effort you put in, along with all the positive feedback. 👍:)👍 Like AndyT said, you're a real asset to the community here!

Could you please explain what you mean by:
"Don't forget the rear is front in this game for this ride height setting, so for MacLaren F1 online it will be like // RIDE HEIGHT: -25/-15" Thanks & have a good day! :)

This is one of the famous GT5 bug. if you raise the front totaly and low the rear totaly, you will have the good representation on the video, with the car nose up.
But the physics of the game are traducing the opposit. Theoretically if you raise the rear for example ,you will generate oversteer,but if you do that ,it happen the contrary, understeer.
So , we just have to considere this point when we want to have this specific reaction on a car.
That's all ,and if yo want to know more exactly about that, read this.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202692

Have a good day.

NISSAN YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R '08 // ONLINE OK

kyotogionw.jpg

kyotogion1i.jpg

This car was specialy tuned for FUJI in Racing medium tires, eating literaly the corners.Like others GT tuned to race regular & safely but always on the edge, there is still a little tendency to oversteer during acceleration out of a corner, but with no surprises,nothing brutal, just need concentration on the wheel or pad.

It was also tested with this configuration on the ring and Suzuka and it stay perfectly balanced with R1 or R3. Just need to adapt the final gear for this.

1- Select default
1: 3360
2: 2450
3: 1865
4: 1471
5: 1201
6: 1012

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track

Sometime when the car is not fully tuned the original gearbox don't allow the settings above, then try this one.
1- Select default

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track

power 502 hp
weight 1100 kg
perf. points 612 pp

Downforce 40/65

LSD Rear 8/25/5

Ride Height -15/ -7

Spring Rate 17.7/13.2
Extension 9/3
Compression 7/3
Anti-roll bars 5/3

Camber 1.5/1.2
Toe -0.10/+0.15

Brake Balance 5/7 (this is how i like, with a very light pressure on the pedal to orient the front when necessary. Who don't feel comfortable like this can use a more classic balance like 4/3 . 5/4.....)

tires R3/R3 or R2/R2 or R1/R1

I'm very proud of this tune.

Enjoy.

awesome man!!!

Senior Praiano, I now discovered why you wrote "fantastic drive" for this tune:

LOTUS ESPRIT SPORT 350 '2000 //619 PP // Fantastic drive. // ONLINE OK
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...15#post5297115

My time @ 6:55s "casual aggresive" driving around the Nordschleife.
& down-Limited to 550 HP for the British seasonal.

This "fantastico" Lotus tune beats up the Mercedes AMG special event, hahaha!

thank you, looking forward to every new tune, however, I have about 50 (all of them) still to try from your main page.

Question , about your Enzo tune, you put Ballast at +50 position, this is REAR, you intend to put "more" weight in rear, with current rear distribution?

Senior Praiano, I now discovered why you wrote "fantastic drive" for this tune:

LOTUS ESPRIT SPORT 350 '2000 //619 PP // Fantastic drive. // ONLINE OK
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...15#post5297115

My time @ 6:55s "casual aggresive" driving around the Nordschleife.
& down-Limited to 550 HP for the British seasonal.

This "fantastico" Lotus tune beats up the Mercedes AMG special event, hahaha!

thank you, looking forward to every new tune, however, I have about 50 (all of them) still to try from your main page.

Question , about your Enzo tune, you put Ballast at +50 position, this is REAR, you intend to put "more" weight in rear, with current rear distribution?

Yes my friend ,this is a very good car , Is the gear ok ?? I'm going to check.The Ferrari Enzo , yes the ballast stay rear + value, right position on setting panel.

Good you like it, enjoy your drive.

New gearbox updated.

LOTUS ESPRIT SPORT 350 '2000

1- Select .reset to default
2- Select final gear at 4350 (stock)
3- Select top speed at 370 km/h = 229,9mph
1: 2201
2: 1561
3: 1156
4: 0891