Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,146 comments
The delta reading isn't as comprehensive as earlier instalments in the series but it's still very useful for improving my times. Wish there was a ghost option too.

Having picked this up I'm having a great time so far especially when I discovered the Aggression setting goes up to Very Hard.

Having a smashing time trying to hunt down the polystyrene targets in Breakout as well.

Guys, is PCARS3 worth it? I've been watching gameplay footage and the car sounds are incredible to my ear. Visuals are okay too and I supposed I don't mind the toned down physics.

A
Guys, is PCARS3 worth it? I've been watching gameplay footage and the car sounds are incredible to my ear. Visuals are okay too and I supposed I don't mind the toned down physics.
As long as you know what you're getting, as in, more Grid than AC, then it is a good fun game to play. Great track list and car list and plenty to do in career mode.

It's fun, but you'll need a beefy CPU (or current gen console) to get good framerates.

It was horribly optimised on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and the current gen hardware brute-forces it to 60fps.

Last edited:
It's fun, but you'll need a beefy CPU (or current gen console) get get good framerates.

It was horribly optimised on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Yes, I got the odd stutter early on on my Series X but since then it's run really smoothly.

Guys, is PCARS3 worth it?
I really like the game, I often fire it up to have a few shortish fun races. It's absolutely ideal for that. The physics aren't ACC levels of realism but it's certainly not full "arcade", you take a corner too fast and you'll crash.
But saying that, I'm not sure it's worth the full price it seems to stay at in the store (PlayStation anyway). If you can find it cheaper I'd say go for it while it's still available to purchase. Get the deluxe version for all the additional cars too.

Last edited:
I was playing it for quite some time and grinding for cars. I've thought about doing that again and continuing the rivals events. I always liked competing in those.

I feel like it's a better, more varied GRID Legends with worse graphics really. It's a nice game. It's just not Project CARS 3.

Last edited:
Its a good game especially if you can get it on sale. I got the deluxe edition on $25 a couple of years ago. It is not worth the full price to me. Great selection of cars and tracks. I like livery editor and it gives you the ability to create and save them and apply it to any car.

I'm up to Hypercars now and have had a fairly great time with the career so far when I wasn't trying to race supercars in a snow blizzard or trying to run Pace Setter over and over where one mistake borks the entire three lap run.

Not sure whether I want to blow another twenty eight pounds on the DLC which didn't come with the disk I bought though.

I'm up to Hypercars now and have had a fairly great time with the career so far when I wasn't trying to race supercars in a snow blizzard or trying to run Pace Setter over and over where one mistake borks the entire three lap run.

Not sure whether I want to blow another twenty eight pounds on the DLC which didn't come with the disk I bought though.

I'm always checking the DLC to hopefully get it when on offer, but it never is 😕
PC2 comparison aside it's a great game, particularly if using a controller, I certainly need to go back to it. Pre Forza I was playing the dailies, weeklies and monthly challenges.

Last edited:
I really like the game, I often fire it up to have a few shortish fun races. It's absolutely ideal for that. The physics aren't ACC levels of realism but it's certainly not full "arcade", you take a corner too fast and you'll crash.
But saying that, I'm not sure it's worth the full price it seems to stay at in the store (PlayStation anyway). If you can find it cheaper I'd say go for it while it's still available to purchase. Get the deluxe version for all the additional cars too.
I'm eyeing the Deluxe version as well - visuals seem sharper and cleaner looking than PCARS 2 on the Xbox One X, and man... the car sounds are really something. My main motivation is to hear those engines at full blast vol :D

Thanks for your insights, will probably pick it up at 50% or more sale.

A

As long as you know what you're getting, as in, more Grid than AC, then it is a good fun game to play. Great track list and car list and plenty to do in career mode.
Good stuff, thanks man. Yes I'm aware that it's nowhere near what PCARS 2 was as a sim, and that's fine. I have CARS 1 & 2, this would round off the collection nicely. I have AC UE too, so I keep hopping between these games, as FM23 didn't quite cure the itch.

Latest Posts

Back