Project "open letter" to Polyphony Digital

Do you feel like PD and Kaz makes a valid attempt to listen to the players for input?

• Total voters
tumblr_lih2xnXYbz1qh0u6no1_400.jpg

Ho ho hold the heck up! Forza for PC?! I think I'll have to change my boxers real quick. If that ever came to be, yeah, I'm gonna be one happy camper. Given that MS said that they'd like to focus more on PC gaming, the not-so-impressive sales of XB1 and their desire to recoup R&D-costs for Forza, it would indeed make sense.

I had to pause the video and change my boxers during that interview video...lol

If Forza comes out for PC I am definitely getting it, I enjoyed FM4 very much but didnt like the wheel support by MS and also my time with FM4 was short lived as my Xbox decided to die on me so I left it alone. But if it is going to come out for PC that means a proper USB wheel support, which they should of used anyway. I had always had problems with a wireless wheel.

Here is the video.

I've bought every GT apart from GT6. To me GT6 feels like a GT5 2.0 a GT5 clean up job or anniversary edition.

It was also a long wait from GT4 to GT5 with I think a troubled development but had a lot of work put in to where they can't really add much more in GT6. Also I was done with my PS3 around 2011/12.

GT2 late 1999 PS1

GT3 was done in mid 2001 PS2
GT4 was done in late 2004
3.5 year gap with much more added

GT5 late 2010 - 6 years since the JPN release of GT4 and four years into the PS4 cycle
GT6 comes 7 years in the PS4 cycle, way too similar to GT5 and GT5 has been repacked and sold for peanuts. 5-6 years in casuals are buying GT5 "insert edition here" as well. GT6 is surplus - an anomoly born from protracted development of GT5.

I don't think for a moment PD/Sony are expecting huge sales. PS4 was already out. PS3 came two years after GT4 and as I said GT4 had way more added, was very relevant.

I still think GT7 will be big numbers barring some huge general change in consumers habits or shift in tech over the next few years.

@porschedrifter
Just a little bit about PD listening or not. Turn 10 are said to listen and be the opposite of PD, been that way for years.

I put it to the OP its not that simple and ask have you tried Forza, maybe your game is waiting for you. Forza doesn't have 500 nissans and has better sounds.

Your quote
"Do you believe he doesn’t know that his work of art can’t hold 23fps much of the time?"

Forza holds 60fps

Honestly seems like Forza is more up your street with considered car selection, sounds, framerate, devs listening, no standard car BS. Regular releases. Forza addresses much of your long opening piece. You only mention EA rubbish for other car games.

Last edited:
@Sanji Himura:
So, your proposition is... What, exactly? To shut up about the state GT is in, accept that we'll have to look for other games to take its place and just stop caring?

You may do that, if you want to. It's basically what I did. But if someone's gonna try and talk some sense into PD/Sony/Kaz by whatever means available to them, I'll gladly participate. Whether it works or not, I don't care. But even if it doesn't, I'll always be able to think "yeah, I tried, so what".

@MaDHaX:
Thanks for the video!

@chromatic9:
Forza being exclusive to the Xbox is the issue here. A lot of people I know are shying aways from the Xbone and Forza 4 is a bit outdated by now. This, then, means that Forza might be an alternative in theory - and for me it was, during the last gen - but that a lot of people won't pick it up. Who's going to buy a console for just a single game, despite disliking the console itself? Not me, that's for sure ;)

I've had (all versions) forza on 360, however I heard xbone's forza is even less SIM and more arcade!
I know what forza offers, but I am a die-hard GT fanboy and always have/will be. Forza was fun for what it was, while I was waiting for GT5 to be released, it was my every day racing game for a while.

GT5's version of online drifting was much better in my opinion than forza's. And that's what I mainly play for.

I don't want an XBOX1 at all though.

I think that PD is very willing to listen. However there is a major language barrier, and you have to know how to contact them. These are the issues that we need to figure out how to get around.

The point here that I'm trying to make is, which W_A_I_N touched upon in a private message, is that the window to get through to PD to impact GT7's development is quickly closing. So lets make the best effort to try to do so.

Last edited:
GT5 droped and it rocketed KAZ to a rockstar level of fame. All of a sudden all the car makers and race teams in the world where at his finger tips. He let the stardom go to his head and now nobody can tell him how the GT series is failing, because he doesn't see it in the little world he is now running around in. In his world everyone is still telling him how great he is.

GT5 droped and it rocketed KAZ to a rockstar level of fame. All of a sudden all the car makers and race teams in the world where at his finger tips. He let the stardom go to his head and now nobody can tell him how the GT series is failing, because he doesn't see it in the little world he is now running around in. In his world everyone is still telling him how great he is.

YdeHCk4.gif

However there is a major language barrier, and you have to know how to contact them.
Given that it's 2013 and globalization is such a big thing... Am I the only one who's actually quite baffled about this? A company with a product that's released world wide, a multi-national fellowship - and yet, there's a language barrier.

@Sanji Himura:
So, your proposition is... What, exactly? To shut up about the state GT is in, accept that we'll have to look for other games to take its place and just stop caring?

You may do that, if you want to. It's basically what I did. But if someone's gonna try and talk some sense into PD/Sony/Kaz by whatever means available to them, I'll gladly participate. Whether it works or not, I don't care. But even if it doesn't, I'll always be able to think "yeah, I tried, so what".
I wasn't saying that at all. All I was saying was if Sony didn't want to put boot to butt to find out what caused a 66% cut in sales from game to game, then the blame to the state of GT should squarely be on the shoulders of Sony management, should it not?

I can tell you why I didn't give GT6 a chance. To many broken promises in GT5 and the fact that they were still using car models from the PS2. The broken promises is self explanatory of why I didn't purchase, but keeping the standard cars in GT6 told me exactly how much effort was going to go into GT6. I think my assessment of it was pretty spot on and glad I skipped it.

@Sanji Himura:
First of, let's not forget that Kaz is also Sony Computer Entertainment's vice president. If you want to blame the management, a lot of that fault still lies with him. Second, I'd say that Sony's management could be considered responsible for the state GT7 might release in. Why? Well, because everything was smooth sailing so far, anyway. No reason for them to butt in, whatsoever. The crap's hitting the fan (in terms of sales) just now, so if anything, they'd be able to do damage control. What sort of damage control? Well, listening to their customers, for starters ;)

That's all assuming that the management board, of which Kaz is VP, is actually going to do anything. I doubt he's going to kick his own butt over anything GT related.

Well ok guys. I wouldn't rule out Forza 6 though on xbox one. Maybe they can improve the drifting and just raise the quality. I still think FM4 addreses much of GT5/6 problems raised.

I agree that 60fps is important as is 1080p. We should let it be known to PD we want 60fps locked or even an option to dial back some less important stuff to achieve that.

I did a calculation on this forum years ago based off prologue and rate of progress for cars. I called for some more workers or outsourcing as it showed how low GT5 premium car count would be and how long it would take them to get close along with all the missing tracks from GT4. But some claimed back then PD's product is to be done when ready and the quality can't be rushed or outsourced. That might've washed in 2008 compared to Forza 2 but look where we are now and how GT5 turned out.

I'll be upset if Midfield Raceway isn't in GT7. GT5 was a big let down but the damn thing sold 11 million.

GT5 was a big let down but the damn thing sold 11 million.

I believe it sold 11 million because it was the first online GT and also the next gen GT from PS2. It was always going to do well because GT1 - GT4 was special.

The problem that PD and Sony face in 2014 is a wide range of top quality simulators for the PC, and since alot of people are wanting more immersion it is no coincidence the PC sim world is growing.

GT needs a drastic overhaul to compete with these next gen titles and thats no exageration. I don't know how they will pull it off but by now if PD don't know what they need to do to the franchise then I am lost for words.

What killed GT for me is the lack of car quality. If you can't make the quality of the car as best as it can be made then don't put that car in the game. All of the non premium cars in GT5 made it seem to me as if they are more than ready to release a sub par product. If you can only make 30 cars great than only out 30 cars in the game.
If you can only do 5 tracks how they should be done then only out 5 tracks in.

Just stop forcing content. The first time in GT5 I was forced to choose a non premium car to do a race i couldn't stand it. I couldn't believe how bad some of the cars looked and drove.

I didn't purchase GT6 because once I saw the non premium GT5 cars I built a PC for racing.
Did GT6 also have non premium cars it were they all high res textures with interiors?

What I would tell the Dev is don't out out a half assed product. If you can't do the car justice than don't out it in the game. Quality over content.

I honestly would have been 100% happy if GT5 was just GT4 with all updated next-gen graphics, physics, and multiplayer.

As astounding as that may sound, honestly, they don't need to try and break the mold every title. Just improve on the last.

I believe it sold 11 million because it was the first online GT and also the next gen GT from PS2. It was always going to do well because GT1 - GT4 was special.

The problem that PD and Sony face in 2014 is a wide range of top quality simulators for the PC, and since alot of people are wanting more immersion it is no coincidence the PC sim world is growing.

GT needs a drastic overhaul to compete with these next gen titles and thats no exageration. I don't know how they will pull it off but by now if PD don't know what they need to do to the franchise then I am lost for words.

I would say a very small percentage would move to pc or even are interested in top quality pc sims. I think you're groslly underestimating what type of person buys GT. It's a very large casual franchise. I doubt having online boosted numbers. Again only a small percentage go online. It's a pretty car game bought by a wide ranging casual audience and its an extremely large well known franchise. Online had bugger all to do with it.

Lets get back to the point on what to improve and how to let PD know even if we're a minority although I'm not sure this is the section to get noticed.

Last edited:
I honestly would have been 100% happy if GT5 was just GT4 with all updated next-gen graphics, physics, and multiplayer.

As astounding as that may sound, honestly, they don't need to try and break the mold every title. Just improve on the last.

That's pretty much what every GT sequel did/does. GT6 is not a vastly different game from GT1.

Back