Rear height: High
CofG: ?
Weight transfer during acceleration: ?

Car B:
Front height: High
Rear height: Low
CofG: ?
Weight transfer during acceleration: ?

@Areno You can download Scaff's Suspension and Brake tuning guide here. Download pdf file of the first guide and go to page 18 where Ride Height is explained, it should give you the answers you're looking for.

I'm not really good at explaining engineering stuff (probably because I don't understand it completely either :P), but I can provide you an example of what I encountered back in my old days of playing with GT4. I still remember myself testing popular Audi RS4 '01 at Apricot Hill track.

In normal circumstances, the car's CoG is positioned towards front end due to fact that majority of weight is planted on that side. By increasing front ride height a bit, I moved CoG more towards middle of the car, allowing the car to become more agile on turn-ins and stable during braking, but also with more understeer when applying throttle (because weight would easily move off the front tires, affecting their grip). Doing opposite (increasing rear ride height) would keep CoG by front axle, giving more grip on front during acceleration, but also make the car stiffer during sudden changes in direction.

Hope that helps a bit. :)

Edit: Grammar.

Last edited:
Back