[RACE][GTR2] RACE GTR2 Series - Porsche Cup - GTR2 mod released!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,187 comments
Right, 49 minutes of video captured. I'll turn that into a 20-ish minute video that's basically a middle thing between highlights and broadcast.

Not sure if done today (as in before I go to sleep) or today (as in, well, it's past midnight..), though.

Right, 49 minutes of video captured. I'll turn that into a 20-ish minute video that's basically a middle thing between highlights and broadcast.

Not sure if done today (as in before I go to sleep) or today (as in, well, it's past midnight..), though.
Before you sleep! It'll be a RACE double header!

Ok so I have a rough idea of what I want my paint to be. Anyone got a good logo pack for the site?

@DurWinning I said "🤬 IT!" and decided to throw together a very rough layout of each, and I'm talking 10-grit sandpaper rough. That said, I think you'll be able to decide from them once rally has a chance to show them......and I need that to happen because the placements on what they share is rough as well.

Replicating the #23 917:

Porsche GT3 Dur's #20 Replica.png

Adapting the scheme to this car:

Porsche GT3 Dur's #20 Adaptation.png

@DurWinning I said "🤬 IT!" and decided to throw together a very rough layout of each, and I'm talking 10-grit sandpaper rough. That said, I think you'll be able to decide from them once rally has a chance to show them......and I need that to happen because the placements on what they share is rough as well.

Replicating the #23 917:

View attachment 259776

Adapting the scheme to this car:

View attachment 259777
Nice job. I'm going to wait and see which one looks better on the car. Then I should (hopefully) have a clear choice.

Is there a mask or anything of the sorts out there somewhere? I swear, the template is so confusing that it's kinda hard to tell whats the limit to things. The wireframe is also too weak to help in my case with a predominantly white car.

Is there a mask or anything of the sorts out there somewhere? I swear, the template is so confusing that it's kinda hard to tell whats the limit to things. The wireframe is also too weak to help in my case with a predominantly white car.
Red has been fairly good showing the wireframe, so I'd recommend using it or another dark-middling color as a temporary background. One thing that's nice about it, it's actually symmetrical throughout! Even if it's just me, that seems to be an issue with templates.

@swiftsmith what are you looking for?

Red has been fairly good showing the wireframe, so I'd recommend using it or another dark-middling color as a temporary background. One thing that's nice about it, it's actually symmetrical throughout! Even if it's just me, that seems to be an issue with templates.
Sadly, the little hot wheels accents (grey little details) are on a white background, so it's a little more difficult though.

I'll keep on trying however. Aiming to have it done by end of week probably :indiff: and I'll make use of that window template ;)

Just signed up, will be doing my livery shortly. Quick question, since the GT3-RS has a variety of parts for it outside of the tires, would you be ok if I painted up a car using the 2004 or Ice-Pol Parts? I plan to do a windows file as well so what year is the carset being denoted as in the class file? (14000 for instance 14 being the year and 000 being the number) I run a series in GTR2 myself on another website so I'm just trying to make life a little bit easier for ya by converting the files to .DDS myself @rallymorten.

"Waking up at twelve, in my clothes again.." :dopey:

@BKGlover & @DurWinning, I'll get on with the previews asap.

@Crashbroke23, have I understood your post correctly, as in you're more comfortable working with the other "version" of this car? If so, I may have problems with the car in-game. Until that happens, however, go for it. And yes, the cars are using the 14xxx numbering :)

@Crashbroke23, have I understood your post correctly, as in you're more comfortable working with the other "version" of this car? If so, I may have problems with the car in-game. Until that happens, however, go for it. And yes, the cars are using the 14xxx numbering :)

I can totally assist in making the .CAR file correct if I do use the other Body and Bumper styles, although you would need to change the Team Name, Driver Name and Classes to Properly reflect how they are in the RACE carset. I'll even post my own previews too! :)

hsv
Has your head exploded from a night of gin? Out late again?

More like soda, but the rest is pretty accurate :D

Also, previews for @BKGlover and @DurWinning:

Replica:

DurA1.jpg DurA2.jpg DurA3.jpg
Adaption:

DurB1.jpg DurB2.jpg DurB3.jpg

I can totally assist in making the .CAR file correct if I do use the other Body and Bumper styles, although you would need to change the Team Name, Driver Name and Classes to Properly reflect how they are in the RACE carset. I'll even post my own previews too! :)

Well, as I said, I would prefer if you used this template, at least for this season. If I can find a template for the other version (which works with the carviewer tools I've found as well as generally looking easier to work with), that'll be used if a second season comes around.

A little thicker than this stripe. White Rims with a white Pirelli logo. Nothing else really.

I haven't yet figured out how to make the rims a different color, pretty sure it has something to do with the genstring, but every little thing I change screws up everything :lol:

Also, 2/3 done with editing (got up late, having a few problems with Movie Maker killing any form of sound the system makes (to which I have found a solution)), then some voice commentary, upload whenever that's done.

At this rate, the best I can do might only be one full race every two weeks, with the odd races in between for entertainment purposes.

More like soda, but the rest is pretty accurate :D

Also, previews for @BKGlover and @DurWinning:

Replica:

View attachment 259889 View attachment 259890 View attachment 259891
Adaption:

View attachment 259892 View attachment 259893 View attachment 259894

Well, as I said, I would prefer if you used this template, at least for this season. If I can find a template for the other version (which works with the carviewer tools I've found as well as generally looking easier to work with), that'll be used if a second season comes around.
Thanks. I'm going the run the replica one instead of the adaptation.

Thanks @rallymorten, gonna be a fair bit of work making it right.

@DurWinning Any changes you want to make to placements? I'm gonna trim back some of the white on the front bumper and work on the awful transitions, and the upper stripes will get moved, balanced, and conform to the car better.

@samurai8juice That's not much thicker than the one on my car. Easy deal, but I'll still post here so you can judge for yourself. The Pirelli logo, though, do you want it on the black stripe or on a different backing color somewhere else?

Right, editing as per se is (finally! I'd like to thank Movie Maker for occationally freezing or killing all sound on the PC, thus making me spend ~an hour rebooting/finding a solution (I have found one now, it's a surprisingly easy fix)) done. Now, my brain needs a bit of fresh air, then I'll go on to make some notes to the commentary (mainly just color recognition, I gave drivers with no liveries random car colors.. apparently, they're so random even I can't recognise them :lol: ).

Release? Depending on how long it takes to filmatise a uploaderise, ~6 hours 👍

Thanks @rallymorten, gonna be a fair bit of work making it right.

@DurWinning Any changes you want to make to placements? I'm gonna trim back some of the white on the front bumper and work on the awful transitions, and the upper stripes will get moved, balanced, and conform to the car better.

@samurai8juice That's not much thicker than the one on my car. Easy deal, but I'll still post here so you can judge for yourself. The Pirelli logo, though, do you want it on the black stripe or on a different backing color somewhere else?

actually, white car, black stripe, black Pirelli logo, not white. The Pirelli logo can be anywhere.

Back