Race suit switching?

Australia
Australia
HDTCommodore
I really should look into this but ps3 is off now.

i had a lime green race suit, but i was doing some single player arcade races. on brands hatch indy 80's i noticed i had red gloves. i thought it must've switched to senna's suit because it was the track i won it on. (i think i may have been driving a 512 BB.) Then i was driving my auto union type c and was sure i saw an audi logo on the helmet in the replay. i suspect my race suit has begun switching to match the manufacturer i'm driving the car of, but i'm not sure.

am i going 'round the bend or has anyone else noticed anything similar?

(googled it but first 4 or so results had nothing to do at all with it)

i might do some experiments tonight or tomorrow.

wow my mind just exploded. thanks for quick reply. if i knew it was so simple i would've posted in the q&a thread. does it work even for obscure manufacturers like seat and autobianchi?

Possibly. I don't know because I have no access to my PS3 right now. I think there's no way PD could have stuck the driver some white overalls for those kinds of manufacturers, that would be disrespectful.

Possibly. I don't know because I have no access to my PS3 right now. I think there's no way PD could have stuck the driver some white overalls for those kinds of manufacturers, that would be disrespectful.
Each manufacturer has their own suit.

i just realised some brands only have standard cars. it´s very hard to see the driver so i wonder if they bothered in those cases? (holden, opel, seat, autobianchi, vauxhall, marcos, tommy kaira, trial, trd just some examples)

really? like toyota instead of nissan or just generic instead of nissan for example?

(bad example, pd would never mess up nissan :lol:)

that´d look weird. car of one make being serviced by another. imagine mitsubishi servicing a subaru or ford servicing a holden.

I believe it's been this way since GT5, hasn't it?

Unless it changed in one of the recent updates, there is no Ferrari suit, just a generic red suit with the GT logo on it. As far as I know, all other manufacturers have at least the logo on the back, even Jay Leno and Hudson.

And I've noticed that in free runs, the driver wears the regular suit.

oh ok. just drove my tme lancer. glad the mitsubishi suit is mostly red. i always liked the red livery better than the traditional white one, suits the tme too.

i wish so much you could buy these suits. i want a mercedes-benz one!

..................After reading this thread I went ahead and checked on the suits, and.......
It seems only certain cars trigger the suit swap. Cars like VW VGT, for instance. Also, if you are wearing one of those "special" suits this doesn't seem to happen as often as well. Currently my avatar's wearing GT Academy suit and it hasn't switched wile driving: Mustang 302, Xbow, Rocket, Veyron, Ft-86, 86 "Racing", Infiniti concept, RX-7 GT-X...

Or am just I losing my mind????

..................After reading this thread I went ahead and checked on the suits, and.......
It seems only certain cars trigger the suit swap. Cars like VW VGT, for instance. Also, if you are wearing one of those "special" suits this doesn't seem to happen as often as well. Currently my avatar's wearing GT Academy suit and it hasn't switched wile driving: Mustang 302, Xbow, Rocket, Veyron, Ft-86, 86 "Racing", Infiniti concept, RX-7 GT-X...

Or am just I losing my mind????

Are you in arcade mode? Maybe all manufacturers aren't covered?

.............Arcade race, arcade time/drift trial and career. It's schizophrenic - I AM losing my mind!!??

You should keep your own purchased suit in career.

Manufacturer suit appears in arcade mode, as stated in the 2nd post.

If driving a standard, and can't see suit, get a shot of your pit crew. You should have a variation of the standard white GT suit with their manufacturer badge placed in a similar position, sometimes on the helmet, if so you should be able to still see in the standard and take it that you have that suit.

I can imagine seeing the VW VGT Grey black/red suit in arcade as it came with the car and is in effect its default suit. That makes sense.

I'd like to see photos in arcade mode of standards you can't see your suit well in, so you have to check pit crew. And they don't have manufacturers badge on. This doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
The Willow Springs 20 Minute Race is a good one to check out pit crew suits. No fence between the pits and the track, so you can just go down the line in photo mode and see them easily.

Is there anyway of asking PD really nicely to make these manufacture suits. Available in the little store? I am a BMW fan and driver.. I have taken photos of the compitietions V12 LMR just to have a background with a driver in a BMW suit.. Please PD let us have Manufacture suits!!! Please?

Is there anyway of asking PD really nicely to make these manufacture suits. Available in the little store? I am a BMW fan and driver.. I have taken photos of the compitietions V12 LMR just to have a background with a driver in a BMW suit.. Please PD let us have Manufacture suits!!! Please?

Yeah! You get the Beamer badge on the helmet don't you?

Even though I don't like driving the X-Bow, visually with the KTM factory overalls it's a delight.

Yeah!! And the thing is they're already modeled just as well as the normal racing gear I've been running the daytona 24 minute and. Went through the replay to get a good picture of my LMR and the AI LMR running side by side on the big banked turn.. And his suit looked just as detailed as mine.. So why can't they just be "purchaseable" would like awesome in my M4 safety car.

I doubt they will allow us to wear an Holden Racing Suit in Career or Online mode, just imagine if you had an Holden suit while driving Ford Falcon race car.
Still it would be cool to add.

Yeah. Maybe you could pay a small amount and be able to use the manufacturer suit for only the cars it applies to. Or, they could make an option to use the suit of the car you drive (mirroring arcade mode) or simply replace the default beginner suit with the arcade mode idea.

I doubt they will allow us to wear an Holden Racing Suit in Career or Online mode, just imagine if you had an Holden suit while driving Ford Falcon race car.
Still it would be cool to add.

You can still do that. Perhaps not Holden, but you can wear a Subaru suit (there are some rally suits available in the racing gear shop) and drive a Mitsubishi.

You can still do that. Perhaps not Holden, but you can wear a Subaru suit (there are some rally suits available in the racing gear shop) and drive a Mitsubishi.
How did i forgot about that? I Haven't played GT6 in a really long time.

I'm totally getting the Pozzi MotorSports suit if they do this.

Latest Posts

Back