RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Does anyone know if I buy DTM experience can I use those circuits with the cars from RaceRoom?
Good question, but I can't help as I own all of the R3E tracks. I purchased DTM then some cars and all of the tracks in R3E but I don't remember if I ever tried to use the DTM tracks in R3E.
Looks like a blast, will have to give this a go this weekend.

Good question, but I can't help as I own all of the R3E tracks. I purchased DTM then some cars and all of the tracks in R3E but I don't remember if I ever tried to use the DTM tracks in R3E.

Looks like a blast, will have to give this a go this weekend.

What controler do you use? If you use a G27 would you mind sharing your settings?

What controler do you use? If you use a G27 would you mind sharing your settings?
Thrustmaster TX. There is a thread talking of wheel setup on RaceDepartment and a few setup files being shared but not sure if the G27 was one. It took a little while to dial in my TX but it now feels quite good.

But no Lamborghini and especialy no Porsche (almost a third of the car entrys to this series) make it very incomplete.

Last edited:
Hi
Video of the new Audi 90 Quattro on the RaceRoom Hungaroring, video recorded with gopro onboard changing teaching manuals and pedals with camera gear.
The beginning of the video is a small presentation of the circuit and the car, the car is back onboard interspersed with the replay of the game and I think am very well, the car is fun to drive :)

a greeting

If anyone is looking for some fantastic MP testing, Sonat from Simbin has opened up their normally closed multiplayer alpha for more racers. It may not be open for long as I think they are close to releasing and I am not sure how they pick and chose whom they would allow in (he send's a steam key for an WIP install of R3E (DTM). He just suggests to PM him (not sure I can say the other site)
I have to say, this is the best multiplayer I have ever raced on PC or console! The interface and options are limited in this private testing but so far rock solid. I am seeing VERY little latency if at all, cars are not jumping around or ghosting at all - bumper to bumper, door to door racing.
DTM cars, great sound (understatement), quite a few servers open to jump on at will.

Sonat

Connect with RaceRoom:
R3E Facebook
RaceRoom Twitter

Connect with SimBin:
SimBin Facebook
SimBin Twitter

If anyone is looking for some fantastic MP testing, Sonat from Simbin has opened up their normally closed multiplayer alpha for more racers. It may not be open for long as I think they are close to releasing and I am not sure how they pick and chose whom they would allow in (he send's a steam key for an WIP install of R3E (DTM). He just suggests to PM him (not sure I can say the other site)
I have to say, this is the best multiplayer I have ever raced on PC or console! The interface and options are limited in this private testing but so far rock solid. I am seeing VERY little latency if at all, cars are not jumping around or ghosting at all - bumper to bumper, door to door racing.
DTM cars, great sound (understatement), quite a few servers open to jump on at will.

Sonat

Connect with RaceRoom:
R3E Facebook
RaceRoom Twitter

Connect with SimBin:
SimBin Facebook
SimBin Twitter

I got a key. Thanks for the heads up. Now i can't wait to get done work. I'm glad i scooped up 96% of the content during the easter sale. Looks like i'll be buying the audi tonight also.

I got a key. Thanks for the heads up. Now i can't wait to get done work. I'm glad i scooped up 96% of the content during the easter sale. Looks like i'll be buying the audi tonight also.
Looks like you are also from the US, I would try to do your racing early in the evening as most of the racers at this time are from across the pond. At 9-10 PM central US time there are usually only a couple racers - most of the 15 or so servers are empty. It doesn't help that its not open to the general public yet so the count is low but I have had some good races early in the evening.

I have to say that after a few races with about 5 others (your right about no one being on) it works surprisingly well for beta. Butter smooth for me at 60fps constant. No hiccups that I've noticed yet. Looks like this will be my go to for mp until ac gets a little more ironed out or I find a good league to join.

I have to say that after a few races with about 5 others (your right about no one being on) it works surprisingly well for beta. Butter smooth for me at 60fps constant. No hiccups that I've noticed yet. Looks like this will be my go to for mp until ac gets a little more ironed out or I find a good league to join.

I think the best bet at this point is the weekend for us US racers. I just tried GSCE multiplayer tonight for the first time and that too was very solid - no warping, almost as though I was playing single player with AI. But, the same problem there, most of the racers must be from outside the states as very little activity when I was on.

As for AC, I am seeing a lot of warping and graphical hitches - not anywhere as smooth as R3E/DTM or GSC3 multiplayer. I'm hoping AC will improve.

Gameplay of the RaceRoom Racing Experience, it's a lap at EuroSpeedway Lausitz circuit with the Ford GT GT3 (ADAC GT Masters) in Get Real Mode.

Do you still have to pay to use the "get real" physics? I was part of the beta testing and when they said youd have to pay to use it is when I deleted the game from my hard drive. I couldn't believe they wanted to charge you to get decent physics from their game.

No its free...

And if someone of you guys wants to test the DTM MP Alpha you can send me a PM. I have also some Steam Keys :)

Do you still have to pay to use the "get real" physics? I was part of the beta testing and when they said youd have to pay to use it is when I deleted the game from my hard drive. I couldn't believe they wanted to charge you to get decent physics from their game.
That's the first time I heard anything suggesting Get Real costs extra, it sure doesn't now. With that said, I wasn't too happy with their pricing structure at first but am quickly returning to a Simbin fan - I have loved all of their racing sims.

Last edited:
That's the first time I heard anything suggesting Get Real costs extra, it sure doesn't now. With that said, I wasn't too happy with their pricing structure at first but am quickly returning to a Simbin fan - I have loved all of their racing sims.
It was pretty early in the beta when they said it, like I said I deleted the game after that, so Im not sure when it changed. They have changed other pricing as well?

It was pretty early in the beta when they said it, like I said I deleted the game after that, so Im not sure when it changed. They have changed other pricing as well?
I'm not sure if the pricing has "changed" as I wasn't interested early on. I dove in when they had a deal to buy 2013 DTM with 2014 and multiplayer included (when released) and then added R3E content with their Easter 1/2 price sale. Not a bad deal and is becoming one of my favorites - Between this, AC, and GSC I am sure keeping busy! Not playing pCARS much because of those three, and because I am not very patient working through the development bugs.

I'm not sure if the pricing has "changed" as I wasn't interested early on. I dove in when they had a deal to buy 2013 DTM with 2014 and multiplayer included (when released) and then added R3E content with their Easter 1/2 price sale. Not a bad deal and is becoming one of my favorites - Between this, AC, and GSC I am sure keeping busy! Not playing pCARS much because of those three, and because I am not very patient working through the development bugs.
Might need to revisit this and see for myself. Thanks for the info.

Were you participating in the closed Beta?
People who were in the closed Beta got the Get Real mode for free, everyone else had to buy it (at least in the past).

Were you participating in the closed Beta?
People who were in the closed Beta got the Get Real mode for free, everyone else had to buy it (at least in the past).
I didn't buy anything to get "Real Mode" in R3E, use it exclusively. Bought DTM but there wasn't any option for with or without "Real Mode". I wasn't involved in any beta/alpha until now, been participating in the private multiplayer that's currently underway.

Also, if you look at their website and storefront, there isn't any talk of a separate cost for "Real Mode".

I always thought they had it backwards and should of charged extra to use driving aides instead of charging to turn them off.

I've been trying out the demo and I cant seem to enjoy it with the auto steering it forces on you. I've done the challenges which allow you to use other cars and the get real mode (at least that's what it says) but it still decides how much to steer for me. From the exterior view I can watch the tires angle change as I apply throttle while holding the wheel firm at full lock, when floored the wheels straighten out :banghead:

Anyway I'm finding it totally frustrating to have the auto steering aid, and I feel like I haven't gotten access to the real physics yet.

How can I test them out? Do I need to buy 1 car or what?

Any input would be appreciated.

Hard for us to say what you are seeing/feeling but there is definitely no assistance with the Get Real mode. When you say "demo" I don't think you mean "demo". R3E, in it's somewhat early development, is not a demo but a limited content full version. Some of the competition events are not Get Real. I would have to check settings to see if there are still assists applied when you go into the competitions.
There are a few cars included with R3E, you don't have to purchase anything, but like I said the free content is limited.

Thanks for the response, I'll have another look around tonight. Yeah its not a demo my mistake, I just have the free content so far, thats what I meant.
I though I had read somewhere that to turn the aids off you needed to purchase something.

All I know is that so far I'm not in full control of my steering inputs, something keeps straightening the wheel out when throttle is applied.

EDIT: Ok I got back on and found a spot in the menus to turn the get real setting on but it still behaves the same.
I can park and turn my wheel to max lock to go in a slow tiny circle, but once I give it gas the steering lock is taken away and it starts to drive straight.
I've searched for answers and all I found is more people asking this question with no real answer.

So to those who have purchased content, does this happen to you?

Last edited:
Back