Racism in certain lobbies

Yes. It's like saying "Whites only."

Every time I've joined a QC room, I've been kicked in no time. No other group of people do this in GT6 except QC.

Why is that?
No other group does this except Quebec? Have you read this thread? By your definition then anyone that entitles their lobby, "[insert country] Only" or, "[insert language] only" is a racist which is ridiculous. Wanting to spend your gaming time with people that speak your own language or come from where you come from is perfectly natural.

I'm just saying I've been going online in GT for 4 years and the only lobbies I'VE SEEN that exclude countries are the QC bunch.

Last edited:
In real life I have had experiences with people from QC who were probably the most racist people I've ever met in my life. Though I wouldn't generalize all Quebecois as being racist by any means either.

In my opinion it's hard to peg down someone who wants to have a lobby with friends of a similar origin as being racist. Just because someone doesn't want you to speak another language in their lobby or potentially have terrible lag times doesn't make them a racist.

In the case where some ignorant a$$ calls someone names and makes wise cracks about their nationality or the language they speak before they are kicked or ganged up on...that could definitely fall into the category of bigotry.

No dude, what I'm saying is I'll join a QC room just to drift with people, and without even saying anything or getting in anybody's way, I get kicked rather quickly. I have to assume it's only because I have the USA flag next to my name. That's racism no matter how you slice it.

Hosts from any other country don't give two craps that I live in the USA. It's only QC that have a problem with it.

No dude, what I'm saying is I'll join a QC room just to drift with people, and without even saying anything or getting in anybody's way, I get kicked rather quickly. I have to assume it's only because I have the USA flag next to my name. That's racism no matter how you slice it.

Hosts from any other country don't give two craps that I live in the USA. It's only QC that have a problem with it.
No it isn't racism or even xenophobia any more than it would be if you were having a GT6 party with your friends at home and a stranger walks through the door speaking Swahili and you asked him to leave. Many Quebecers only speak french and they prefer to hang with people that speak french. You have any experience with Mennonites or the Amish? They like to keep to themselves. That's it, it's not a giant conspiracy nor is it rampant racism. Try speaking some french the next time you show up and I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms.

I speak French to them and they use derogatory terms because I have an American flag. And these aren't rooms that say "QC Only" or along those lines.

Also if you're in a GT6 "party" with friends and don't appreciate strangers then why not do friends only? Or the title being "Private lobby"?

Also if you're in a GT6 "party" with friends and don't appreciate strangers then why not do friends only? Or the title being "Private lobby"?

Not going to get in the other discussion but in my group of friends "private" is avoided because if the leader needs to leave the room for some reason the room disappears from the listings to that person. Which leads to open lobbies with "Friends Only Please" where random people join in anyways.

That's strange, I don't believe I've run into any problems like that with private lobbies. Unless I'm mistaken, it's been a little while.

Only come across racism occasionally on GT6.

Being from NZ generally Aussie's and NZer's race each other as we are far away from the world and prefer no lag. If a "Flag" joins an open room they will usually be booted by the host in quick order, no one likes a lagger!
On a subliminal level we (NZ-OZ) are supposed to hate each others guts (sports rivalry), but some of the top racers and friends I have made in this game are Australian, I've even call them on the phone and have met some of them.

In the times I race in European rooms I have heard the English being racist towards Germans... You will get low lifes in any nation on the lobbies though so I don't think this is a sign of the times.

In regards to the Quebec-English posts, that is a rather complex situation which may be spilling over in to GT6. That said though if the Quebec racers are not bilingual, I would see no issue with them kicking anyone not speaking French.

Racism schmasim. There are far worse things going on than a little bit of banter in gaming lobbies
Really? Please do enlighten why you think that wouldn't offend someone who is a minority in any of these situations. Outside of any ignorance around lag issues, quite a few of these messages I've seen here in this thread are clearly past a 'little bit of banter' - they may just be kids unsupervised and seeing how far they can push things, but I doubt it.

And you do appreciate the irony of opening with saying 'Racism, schmacism' don't you?

Really? Please do enlighten why you think that wouldn't offend someone who is a minority in any of these situations. Outside of any ignorance around lag issues, quite a few of these messages I've seen here in this thread are clearly past a 'little bit of banter' - they may just be kids unsupervised and seeing how far they can push things, but I doubt it.

And you do appreciate the irony of opening with saying 'Racism, schmacism' don't you?
The irony? Yes, I do

I fly the UK flag online or if I get the option, the English flag. You may rest assured those have got me plenty of stick at times. Laugh it off, give some back or leave the lobby, those are your options

Whilst I understand that some are more sensitive to such things than others, I maintain that if you watch the news regularly you'll get what I meant about worse things going on than verbals in a gaming lobby

No it isn't racism or even xenophobia any more than it would be if you were having a GT6 party with your friends at home and a stranger walks through the door speaking Swahili and you asked him to leave. Many Quebecers only speak french and they prefer to hang with people that speak french. You have any experience with Mennonites or the Amish? They like to keep to themselves. That's it, it's not a giant conspiracy nor is it rampant racism. Try speaking some french the next time you show up and I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms.
Johnny I lived in Montreal for 5 years (the best years of my life, I wish I could go back) and I've never heard a young person who couldn't speak english. The only person I knew who couldn't was a friend of my father, he was 68 and from Quebec City.
Maybe you're referring to them?

For Quebecers it's not racism, nor is it xenophobia. They just think they're the best.

EDIT: @datracervenom could you please change the title of the thread to "Xenophobia in certain lobbies" ?

Last edited:
I'm not a racist. I only kick those that don't understand furry fandom terminology... which is about 90% of GT players. As long as you know what the furry fandom is, you're cool with me, but the instant you insult it, kick. Sadly it seems to be Europeans who insult me because I'm a furry, but that is a rant I'll save for the appropriate thread.

What the heck are you talking about? You kick people who don't understand your furry language?

You bet! xD

Well...

hC910DCD9

I'll go get my coat...

Pewdiepie is definitive garbage. If you want to watch a gamer on youtube who isn't annoying, try dashiexp. His Happy Wheels videos are hilarious, especially the ones from this year.

No other group does this except Quebec? Have you read this thread? By your definition then anyone that entitles their lobby, "[insert country] Only" or, "[insert language] only" is a racist which is ridiculous. Wanting to spend your gaming time with people that speak your own language or come from where you come from is perfectly natural.
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with him on french Canadians kicking people. I don't go into xyz only rooms, but I've gone into rooms where they were all Canadian flags, all speaking french. I either get kicked when I join or kicked after I log a decent lap. The only people I've had trouble with are french Canadians and southerners. French Canadians just kick you. You'll hear them talk, giggle or laugh out load and then the server message inevitably appears. We don't have to talk...it is not about language compatibility. Indeed, they can do as they please, but that doesn't make it any less pigheaded or unbecoming. There is no denying that.

Southerns just fly off their handles. Most are nice I am sure, but a lot seem to have some hefty egos or they kick people when they're destroying. Can't win? KICK HIM! It's such a let down sometimes.

Never had a problem with any Europeans over nationality or race. No anti-america crap. Which is nice. Most can just come together and race.

IMO nationalism is much more prevelant than racism in gt6, being that we can't...see...each other... Making fun of accents and such. A couple months ago, someone jerk was making funny of duffyc's Irish accent. Can't remember where the guy thought he was from, but the guy was a moron. Told Duffy to fix his accent, that it didn't sound very Irish to him. He had a heavy Dominican or Puerto rican Spanish accent, living here in the States. I reminded him if this and that maybe he should "fix" his accent as well? Idk. People don't make sense online. This is why I don't use a Bluetooth headset anymore. Just a keyboard. I just ignore or mute now. I don't want to hear your nationalist or racist crap. The "he is cheating crap" is fine, because I take it as a compliment. Being american and having some good races doesn't help sometimes. Unless I'm playing with other Americans, I get kicked or they leave one by one.

The guys I race with regularly are all cool, except for one dink. And we are generally all from different countries/a really good mix. A few of us from the US and canada, a few from UK and Ireland, one or two south Americans, a couple Germans, and two or three australians.

Reverse racism is the only thing I see, in terms of racism. Pretty easy to figure out over voice if someone is white by their tone. It is like a free punch to them. You can't say anything back, you're white! It'll be racist!

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with him on french Canadians kicking people. I don't go into xyz only rooms, but I've gone into rooms where they were all Canadian flags, all speaking french. I either get kicked when I join or kicked after I log a decent lap. The only people I've had trouble with are french Canadians and southerners. French Canadians just kick you. You'll hear them talk, giggle or laugh out load and then the server message inevitably appears. We don't have to talk...it is not about language compatibility. Indeed, they can do as they please, but that doesn't make it any less pigheaded or unbecoming. There is no denying that.

Southerns just fly off their handles. Most are nice I am sure, but a lot seem to have some hefty egos or they kick people when they're destroying. Can't win? KICK HIM! It's such a let down sometimes.

Never had a problem with any Europeans over nationality or race. No anti-america crap. Which is nice. Most can just come together and race.

IMO nationalism is much more prevelant than racism in gt6, being that we can't...see...each other... Making fun of accents and such. A couple months ago, someone jerk was making funny of duffyc's Irish accent. Can't remember where the guy thought he was from, but the guy was a moron. Told Duffy to fix his accent, that it didn't sound very Irish to him. He had a heavy Dominican or Puerto rican Spanish accent, living here in the States. I reminded him if this and that maybe he should "fix" his accent as well? Idk. People don't make sense online. This is why I don't use a Bluetooth headset anymore. Just a keyboard. I just ignore or mute now. I don't want to hear your nationalist or racist crap. The "he is cheating crap" is fine, because I take it as a compliment. Being american and having some good races doesn't help sometimes. Unless I'm playing with other Americans, I get kicked or they leave one by one.

The guys I race with regularly are all cool, except for one dink. And we are generally all from different countries/a really good mix. A few of us from the US and canada, a few from UK and Ireland, one or two south Americans, a couple Germans, and two or three australians.

Reverse racism is the only thing I see, in terms of racism. Pretty easy to figure out over voice if someone is white by their tone. It is like a free punch to them. You can't say anything back, you're white! It'll be racist!
I didn't disagree at any point that some Quebecois kick anyone who is not one of their own, what I said was i don't. think there's anything wrong with it. Nor do I see anything wrong with someone entitling their room "German only" or "Aussie only" and kicking anyone who isn't. These are rooms created by the host to suit THEIR needs and THEIR preferences, not mine or yours.

Well, technically Quebec isn't reaallyy a part of Canada soo...

The rest of Canada's a lot less hostile, except for those '420 hellaflush cruz' guys. They seem to be a little more sensitive about everything

...Whilst I understand that some are more sensitive to such things than others, I maintain that if you watch the news regularly you'll get what I meant about worse things going on than verbals in a gaming lobby
Well, thee you go then - I don't watch or listen to the news, only when at work when Sky is on...and you can't really call that news most of the time.

Sure there are more important things going on out there...but how much of that is attributable to similar situation not being stopped early on?

I'm not a racist. I only kick those that don't understand furry fandom terminology... which is about 90% of GT players. As long as you know what the furry fandom is, you're cool with me, but the instant you insult it, kick. Sadly it seems to be Europeans who insult me because I'm a furry, but that is a rant I'll save for the appropriate thread.
They might insult you because you behave like an 🤬.

Some online lobbies are a breeding ground for people who want to rent space in your head they cant afford to occupy. As long as you refrain from stooping to their level of pettiness, when you host a room/lobby, you'll always be the moral victor. Online bullies, or thugs as I tend to refer to them, are generally people with low real world self esteem and lack real life goals. Only place they can feel like they're accomplishing something is to hide in an internet lobby and cut up persons of different culture, colors, religious beliefs, etc. It's easy for me to say; Ignore them, because we all have feelings and tend to react to such stupidity. Just remember, if this helps, It's better to be quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Don't even encourage a back and fourth and when kicked or you voluntarily bounce, try to immediately block the host or whatever clown that was in that lobby tripping out that will probably continue to harass you, just for the sake of feeling like some sort of "boss" type dude. Just my two cents.

Latest Posts

Back