Seasonal Event Update

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 128 comments
Im showing 2 new drift events and 2 new time trials.

Drift Events:
Chamonix East - Snow tires Req'd
Nurburgring Type V - Comfort Soft or less

Time Trials:
Pickup Truck: Cape Ring North
493 HP, No Weight Limit, Comfort Soft or less

295 HP Commercial Cars: Clubman Stage Route 5
295 HP, 1000kg or more, Sports Hard or less

Are you sure about that? I never pay attention to the drift trials but I see Trial #10 ended 3/23 and Trial #11 which has the start/end dates of 3/23 & 4/6.

Many apologies, I just double checked. drift #11 and time trial #11 have been added (didn't see them cause they've been put all the way over on the right)

love that drifting samba bus by the way :) I painted mine gold chrome :)

Im showing 2 new drift events and 2 new time trials.

Drift Events:
Chamonix East - Snow tires Req'd
Nurburgring Type V - Comfort Soft or less

Time Trials:
Pickup Truck: Cape Ring North
493 HP, No Weight Limit, Comfort Soft or less

295 HP Commercial Cars: Clubman Stage Route 5
295 HP, 1000kg or more, Sports Hard or less

Outstanding cheers for that!

love that drifting samba bus by the way :) I painted mine gold chrome :)

You gotta love the Samba - I tried Silver Chrome on mine but was a bit much so went back to black. Haven't seen one in gold chrome! Don't have that colour yet must look pretty mad!

I saw a pic on another thread and had to try it.... the replays are AWESOME :) especially when you take it out in the classic car races :)

Ahahaha oh I want! You don't have any spare Gold Chrome do you? Can send you a car or matte paints in return?

sorry, I had to trade a 69 bluebird rally car for this one paint colour! (if you ever get that car check out the funky spotlights!)

I am shocked that we have new seasonals, But I am going to wait for my wheel that I just bought gets here next week, I hope that it gets here sooner then the tracking status says when its schedule to arrive.

Anybody beat this sport truck seasonal with the midget?

I worked up a midget (all tuning Incl GT) and had no luck... I think it might be possible with a wheel. not sure, but it's on the list for a reason...

SonicWagon
Anybody beat this sport truck seasonal with the midget?

I tried and failed, i couldn't catch the tacoma x-runner, too fast, midget kills around corners, but lags on the straights.

illustratedrick
So what. They rest of the Japanese population still has to go to work or risk losing their jobs. PD is just not doing theirs.

Thank you PD, you surpassed my expectations at a time when normal thinking people would expect nothing. Hope all is well.

To 'illustratedrick', relax, have an afternoon nap, do some research and then try to pull your head out of your a**, get on with your life without the hate.

No, most of Tokyo is becoming a ghost town and the northern 1/3 could be an empty rock at any point. But hey as long as you get your free update it's okay.

You should try watching the news. Both BBC and CNN have carried interviews of Japanese in lines for fuel and waiting for trains who said they had to work or lose their jobs. But apparently that doesn't apply to PD. Also it's not a "free" update we've all already paid for it.

Thank you PD, you surpassed my expectations at a time when normal thinking people would expect nothing. Hope all is well.

To 'illustratedrick', relax, have an afternoon nap, do some research and then try to pull your head out of your a**, get on with your life without the hate.

Not hate, just reality.

If they were just on vacation in Burmuda then I would agree with you. This is not a holiday for anyone in Japan at the moment.

Not meaning to be disrespectful to PD employees or Japan, but I've wondered how much work bringing out new events and updating the OCD really is? If they were smart about it, it would be nothing more than configuring some parameters and publishing it. If they made a manual for it, even an american could do it :sly:

But if they've designed the seasonal event publishing process in a way so that they actually have to design and code each event release, that's another matter.

Is this update from Sony America? Very happy with the update anyhow something different and very unexpected.

Thankyou PD!!

While I am very grateful to get any updates at all,(I seriously expected them to just delay or cancel any updates until further notice)

I must ask...

Tsukuba?! Again?! Really?! :(

Did the track owners pay some outrageous sum of yen in order to become the official track of GT5 or something?

Come on PD, you have 70+ tracks, and yet you insist on using the same tracks over & over, though I am very happy to get Grand Valley reverse finally! :)

Other than T-suck-uba, thank you PD, and good luck over there.

Any pp-limit or recommendation from PD for the new events?

The PP limit for our trucks is set at 550, while the AI trucks are between 440-470 PP, running on Sport Hards. The only sad part is that the new seasonals don`t reward high XP, i`ve only got 8800 XP for a second place on Fuji.:indiff: Well, at least it was fun hurling my Silverado around the track.👍

Outsyder84
The PP limit for our trucks is set at 550, while the AI trucks are between 440-470 PP, running on Sport Hards. The only sad part is that the new seasonals don`t reward high XP, i`ve only got 8800 XP for a second place on Fuji.:indiff: Well, at least it was fun hurling my Silverado around the track.👍

I believe they're running comfort soft.

Back