Seasonal Tuning Challenge 1: Nurb time trial! Testing done by 5/2!

Damn, seems everyone is hashing this Lexus. The only reason I grew to liking it was because I spent weeks losing to my homie's WRX TC at Nurb.

Only having beaten him once, I was always motivated to tune my way to victory!

XDeesperado!! Accept my incoming friend request in the PSN, your car is the last to be tested so I can post the results!

Thanks for the tests, 3rd fastest is good enough for me. I'm not entirely surprised about the lack of grip comment, it's not one to oversteer, but more twitch about all over the tarmac if you're lead footed out of corners.

Ehh…not that I'm not satisfied with this, but would it be too big an ask for you to give it another go and see if there's more speed to be found? I'm not sure if the order in which the tunes are driven in matter, but it's just in case. I understand if you don't want to though, so it's fine if you don't want to.

I looked over the replay of your lap and it's mistake free. It was driven with as much consistency as any of the other tunes. I know the track well and I drive consistent. All my testing was done all in one go, so my original times are going to be final.

I did take your tune for another drive though. I was pushing much harder than I was driving earlier, going deeper in all the braking zones, working the wheel harder and generally leaving a much lower margin for error. I invalidated many laps but ended up making 6:47.643

NrburgringNordschleife_10.jpg

Last edited:
uMadSon? IS-F
Time: 6:50.142
Tester comments: Felt the car pretty stable. Very easy to turn, with some little hints of understeer, but nothing too critical.. Nice acceleration and top speed, gears aren't even too short or too long. Really nice ride.

Onboi IS-F
Time: 6:50.587
Tester comments: Having to battle with the car thru all the course.. must be that the reason it's nickanem is battleground in japanese :lol: You gotta be really gentle so you don't have to battle with it. Even being gentle, the car will try to battle you, and if you give the chance, it will kill you without thinking twice.

Roj IS-F
Time: 6:50.699
Tester comments: Understeer without warning. I made the 1st turn very clear, the car made it neutral, then I thought: "Oh, a neutral car." In the next corner, understeer than BAM! Hello wall. The coming to finish the lap, I make the tight turn after the long straight, then the rear kicks out and BAM! OHAI Pit wall. Pretty much that, the car is neutral/understeery when it wants.. Transmission is very well set.

Krenkme IS-F
Time: 6:51.014
Tester comments: Gears very short, givign the car a sudden boost of acceleration, but hitting the limiter quickly. The car is more neutral than the others, but it's less responsive when trying to make a turn. You gotta turn the car a little before than the turn. It understeers a little.

SolidSanke IS-F:
Time: 6:51.029
Tester comments: Back isn't very stable, it doesn't like to hit the kerbs, likes to understeer in some turns. Gears got my attention, giving the car a nice balance of very fast acceleration out of the turns that I wasn't drifting, trying to save the car :lol: and at the same time reaching over 300km/h in the long straight. It had the same problem of krenkme IS-F, the car takes a little time to respond to a steering input.

XDesp IS-F:
Time: 6:51.417
Tester comments: The first car to reach 320km/h tahnks to the high amount of power and the low downforce. Downside was that I had to take the turns slower than with the other cars. But no understeer or oversteer was found. The car was a bit more responsive than krenkme IS-F.

1st. umadSon?
2nd. Onboy123
3rd. Roj

I do have a tune up and on share MrGrado, DB just doesn't have it linked yet. But it is on page 3 post #48 :D. Could you test it too please :nervous:

@NascarManiaco thanks for the test and good job with the times.👍👍
Glad you found it fairly neutral. I was struggling with the handling using higher downforce so said the heck with it I'll just go for all the power I can and let the test drivers have the piece of junk. Think if I'd taken more time (didn't really care to cause I hated the car) I might have found that the last few adjustments I made to the suspension would have worked fairly well with more downforce and less power.:drool:
Anyways good job to everyone and I'm glad I didn't throw the "Holy Handgrenade" up in challenge on this.:yuck:

Maybe I'll have more luck with a certain "Devil" in your upcoming shootout NascarManiaco!:lol::crazy:

It appears I made the IS-F a bit too safe. I meant to have a little bit of understeer in it, but I see that translates into too much understeer in the hands of another driver. Oopsy. At least it's getting constant 6:50's, I'm pleased with that.

Onboi IS-F
Time: 6:50.587
Tester comments: Having to battle with the car thru all the course.. must be that the reason it's nickanem is battleground in japanese :lol: You gotta be really gentle so you don't have to battle with it. Even being gentle, the car will try to battle you, and if you give the chance, it will kill you without thinking twice.

1st. umadSon?
2nd. Onboy123
3rd. Roj

Have to say, surprised by the time, not as surprised by the comments though it still surprises me how hard you in particular have to work to get it around. :lol: It does fit its name when you're at the limit, I told you she'd stick a craftknife in you if you weren't careful. :P

Anyway, a Fire Sister (though to really sisters) 1-2 again! What do you have to say to that, Roj? :P

@NascarManiaco thanks for the test and good job with the times.👍👍
Glad you found it fairly neutral. I was struggling with the handling using higher downforce so said the heck with it I'll just go for all the power I can and let the test drivers have the piece of junk. Think if I'd taken more time (didn't really care to cause I hated the car) I might have found that the last few adjustments I made to the suspension would have worked fairly well with more downforce and less power.:drool:
Anyways good job to everyone and I'm glad I didn't throw the "Holy Handgrenade" up in challenge on this.:yuck:

Maybe I'll have more luck with a certain "Devil"in your upcoming shootout NascarManiaco!:lol::crazy:

And maybe if you have taken a little more time with the tuning you could've have gotten a win or a podium finish!

Why I'm seeing my death in my own shootout? :lol:

Have to say, surprised by the time, not as surprised by the comments though it still surprises me how hard you in particular have to work to get it around. :lol: It does fit its name when you're at the limit, I told you she'd stick a craftknife in you if you weren't careful. :P

Anyway, a Fire Sister (though to really sisters) 1-2 again! What do you have to say to that, Roj? :P

I don't really like cars that I have to battle with, I must admit. And the car in itself, not only the setup, didn't contribute with that :lol:

Roj, I am disappoint! :P Anyway, you still have DB left, so chin up and hope for he best. :lol:
DB is already sabotaging us. So yeah. :nervous:
I'm sorry I let the VIPDTM team down :(.... now where's that noose?

We don't use nooses. We use Russian Roulette. If you survive, you get another chance. :dopey:

VTiRoj
DB is already sabotaging us. So yeah. :nervous:

We don't use nooses. We use Russian Roulette. If you survive, you get another chance. :dopey:

I have been forgotten by DB :(.

Thank you sir, I'll do better next time... I hope :dopey:

I have been forgotten by DB :(.

Thank you sir, I'll do better next time... I hope :dopey:

Don't worry , unlike me i have yet to manage a good green lap in any off these cars , i just cannot drive Race hard tires , heck i prefer S3 in all fairness :P

DaDog
Don't worry , unlike me i have yet to manage a good green lap in any off these cars , i just cannot drive Race hard tires , heck i prefer S3 in all fairness :P

The only green lap I made at the 'Ring, was in my Beat :lol:. I'm not very good there :dopey:

I don't really like cars that I have to battle with, I must admit. And the car in itself, not only the setup, didn't contribute with that :lol:

I don't want a fight in every drive either. :P I just tune it with that style because it's the most comfortable for me, so I might need a rethink if you're not good enough to adapt to it finding it tricky.

How can I learn a different tuning style in the space of a week?! :lol:

I don't want a fight in every drive either. :P I just tune it with that style because it's the most comfortable for me, so I might need a rethink if you're not good enough to adapt to it finding it tricky.

How can I learn a different tuning style in the space of a week?! :lol:

The tester is the one who should adapt to the tuner style, which I wasn't competent this time to do it :lol:

Check out Clueless Tunes :D :dopey:

Well, your style is far too sedate for me, so nope. :P

And NASCAR, the way to get it right with Senjougahara seems to be, from memory, let the car turn as much as it can off throttle when entering a corner, then very gently apply the power before planting the power down and then trying to keep it from twitching off the track. I loved that in this car, so I kept it. Screw them testers, I like my cars twitchy. :lol:

Well, your style is far too sedate for me, so nope. :P

And NASCAR, the way to get it right with Senjougahara seems to be, from memory, let the car turn as much as it can off throttle when entering a corner, then very gently apply the power before planting the power down and then trying to keep it from twitching off the track. I loved that in this car, so I kept it. Screw them testers, I like my cars twitchy. :lol:

If I would tune a car, I would like something very agressive, where you can brake in the very limit, in the last second possible, something that can attack the curbs of the track, and you could put pedal to the metal without having the back kicking out :lol:

If I would tune a car, I would like something very agressive, where you can brake in the very limit, in the last second possible, something that can attack the curbs of the track, and you could put pedal to the metal without having the back kicking out :lol:
Think mine handled the curbs pretty good and wasn't to bad when you dropped the hammer. You might try playing with the brake balance on it as I wasn't happy with it but never got around to trying to fix it. You might also see about adding some more downforce and using the power limiter to compensate so it stays at 600PP.:crazy::D

I looked over the replay of your lap and it's mistake free. It was driven with as much consistency as any of the other tunes. I know the track well and I drive consistent. All my testing was done all in one go, so my original times are going to be final.

I did take your tune for another drive though. I was pushing much harder than I was driving earlier, going deeper in all the braking zones, working the wheel harder and generally leaving a much lower margin for error. I invalidated many laps but ended up making 6:47.643

*snip*

Ahh, I see. Well, first off, thanks for putting in the extra time, Grado, that's very nice of you to do so, even though I did ask you to. :lol: I know I'd have just given in and told whoever asked for a better lap to go away, so a big thanks to you for not throwing in the towel. 👍

A podium finish is good enough for me, mainly because I spend so little time up here in the field. And just knowing the fact that it's side by side with madboi's ISF (which I know he spent an absolute age on trying to tune correctly) is quite nice.

So, DB…this all hangs on you now. Do the Fire Sister ISFs proud and give is a clean-ish sweep! :lol:

Onboy123
So, DB…this all hangs on you now. Do the Fire Sister ISFs proud and give is a clean-ish sweep! :lol:

Wait! Grado still needs to test mine, and I see a 6:40.xxx in the future right before the back strait ha-ha :dopey:

Last edited:
I will compile results tonight and send out PMs for prizes and such. My youngest got a hold of my time sheet and it has disappeared. :odd: I will do some quick runs tonight and hope I can produce some decent times again. If not I suppose we will have to run with what we have.

Back