Shift 2: G27 Wheel Settings. ***PATCH v1.02*** Updated.

• Thread starter AWDwhite_2g
  • 260 comments
^

Ok, i'll try tomorrow. I'm worried because a friends told me that his dfgt is not even recognized by the game, doesn't work at all.. and we don't know why.

For the guy making the guide, can you explain better and how we have to change values in:

(To fine tune *each cars steering lock*, go to the *vehicles tuning menu*)

I understand what you mean but i don't know a damn thing.. have i to increase values, decrease and why?

thanks

Ok, i'll try tomorrow. I'm worried because a friends told me that his dfgt is not even recognized by the game, doesn't work at all.. and we don't know why.

My Ps3 recognised thee Wheel straight away, all i done then was alter the settings and honestly it works like a charm with these settings, they are really good.

Hope everything will be ok tomorrow for you. đź‘Ť

^

For the guy making the guide, can you explain better and how we have to change values in:

I understand what you mean but i don't know a damn thing.. have i to increase values, decrease and why?

thanks

Odd, i have a DFGT and it works absolutely fine over here.

What was the reason for the update. How did your tweaks compare to the old setup you posted. What benefits did you gain.

I used your original and it worked okay for me. I will try your new setup once I get home later this evening.

^

thanks

I would also be interested in knowong this.

Also, I remember reading that the car setup can be changed from 2 different menus (a "quick" one and another one I don't remember), and they do 2 different things. Does this mean we have to change the settings in both menus? It sounds strange, how does it work?
thanks

Came across some info on another site. Could someone try this.

Handling set to normal and brake assist on. ( I know that sounds really odd ).

The Force feedback is supposed to improve dramatically on PS3.

The poster insists that the devs screwed up in the programme file or something and switched the FF file.

I don't have the game but could someone try this out?

yo..hi did you play with Logitech G27 on Shift 2 PS3 ? I want to play with logitech G27..The game doesn't recognize my wheel in options..it says only Wireless Controller..I can play with it but the pedals and the shifter doesn't works.The buttons are mapped like on Joystick with R1,L1,R2...And if i go to assign the buttons it says Multiple inputs were detected.Please tell me what to do...

The poster insists that the devs screwed up in the programme file or something and switched the FF file.

ok you may have stronger ffb but how the hell you can play with braking assist and normal handling!? I prefer having a weaker ffb but elite mode.

paulpg87
ok you may have stronger ffb but how the hell you can play with braking assist and normal handling!? I prefer having a weaker ffb but elite mode.

I don't own the game.

I didn't realise it was impossible to play with normal handling and brake assist.

I only asked someone to try it to see if it worked.

I'm trying to be helpful but sorry I offended you.

You payed for the game you play it how you like.

Have a nice life.

^ no, mine was a question too. I don't have the game. I'm just asking what is the sense of having a more realistic feeling on the wheel if you have to use normale handling wiht aids that tone down the phsyic.

paulpg87
^ no, mine was a question too. I don't have the game. I'm just asking what is the sense of having a more realistic feeling on the wheel if you have to use normale handling wiht aids that tone down the phsyic.

The idea was that the developers have made a misstake and the proper force feedback is buried within the normal handling and auto brake files.
Something Like that.

I don't know.

What was the reason for the update. How did your tweaks compare to the old setup you posted. What benefits did you gain.

Page 3...post# 57

Update #3. Original post updated.

By adding some steering deadzone you can make it alot easier to control the cars at top speed on tracks with long straits, or long sweeping corners. I recomend 1 - 2% Steering deadzone. I have been using 1% with good results.

*This does not leave the wheel feeling like it has a flat spot in the FFB...so it will not effect the way the wheel feels in your hands when you cross over left to right and vise versa.* < I should have tested for this at first, but I assumed it would be like F1 2010 and anything over 0% would have you turning through a spot of no FFB when turning left to right and vise versa.

Also by turning up the steering sensitivity to something around 70% really gives the car a much better turn-in feeling. 100% is just to much... keep it between 60 - 80% this will tighten the feel from the wheel to the game. I have it at 75% and its the best I've used so far.

The reason for the update was to let everyone know I'm having even better results with more steering sensitivity (75%) and 1-2% of dead zone. Even with the full GT spec cars with this setup and 900* works amazing. Its the first time I have been able to shell out hours of clean racing with no fustration.

The benifits are for improved car control on long straits and hard corners. The 1 % of dead zone prevents highspeed swerving and the higher steering sensitivity sharpens the turn-in repsonse.

The "Works" Subaru Sti works flat out perfect with these settings.

Last edited:
After trying both 450 and 900 i had to try something in between.
So i tried 650 and it feels just right imo :)

I must say, however, that i am forced to drive in hood view as seeing the steeringwheel when it lags so horribly much really distracts me from driving :(
Which is a shame because i really do wanna drive in helmetcam.

Anyways, thanks alot for your tips, i believe they saved me the anger i would have felt starting up the game with the default settings!

I can try it out tomorrow for you.I would try it out tonight but my arthritis is acting up in my elbow again so i'm done racing for the night.

I'll let you know my results tomorrow afternoon.

ok so i tested what u said and "YES" there is more FF when you play on Normal with brake assist on...i USED A 370 Z ON ROAD AMERICA FOR THIS TEST.

FinnZevo
ok so i tested what u said and "YES" there is more FF when you play on Normal with brake assist on...i USED A 370 Z ON ROAD AMERICA FOR THIS TEST.

Thanks for that. Very odd though.

conath
But is it less floaty?

Anyway seems that pc version has much reduced lag compared to ps3.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI5vTUw2774">YouTube Link</a>

Still quite a bit of input lag evident in that video. Poor guy has no clue what's going on. The car doesn't "wander" anywhere; it continues to turn after he's stopped turning for a good 1/4 second due to the delay between action at the wheel and the reaction the of the car, as is especially evident in the tighter corners.

ok, got the game this morning, tried your the setting on Dfgt and are OK. I just increased the braking sensitivy. Also changed the lock in the tuning section of the car and feels a lot better. However i'll surely need more time to get used to it because it's a very different feeling from gt5.. but just winning the first race with gtr was more exciting that all gt5 aspec.

@awd
This feels pretty good (ps3 , fanatec pwts) , but the issues is you cannot use it when you are 'loaned' a car, as you cannot tune these... Or am I missing something?

Hey guys.... ive been goin through every single solution i could think of for the g25 (ps3) and drifting...200 degrees 300 degress 400 etc etc 20 percent ffb 40 so and so on...speed sens 0 through 100...throttle sens 0 through 100.....easy to elite handling...and the best i have got, well got anywhere really is changing the
drift alliance car... stay with AWDwhite_2g setup but change..only these

steering lock (drift) in menu options: 310

throttle sens: 0

ffb: 100 (very verrrrrrrrrrrry light)
strange huh? this is was actually stuffs you up (me)...if heavier i think this would fix alot!

now go into TUNING OPTIONS (QUICK TUNING) AND PUT
steering: 0.00

dont get your hopes up guys...is it any good, ummm not really but my point is that i did get 200 points...were before it was under 50...with spinning out everytime..
i just wanted to share it with you guys anyway, no harm...if anyone who knows about tuning and can do sumthing with this please reply on how you did..what you changed/fixed...or just what you thought.
cheers

for now this settings are amazing, i tried only modern D events and he feels very good from classic cockpit cam . Thank you!!!!

Hey guys.... ive been goin through every single solution i could think of for the g25 (ps3) and drifting...200 degrees 300 degress 400 etc etc 20 percent ffb 40 so and so on...speed sens 0 through 100...throttle sens 0 through 100.....easy to elite handling...and the best i have got, well got anywhere really is changing the
drift alliance car... stay with AWDwhite_2g setup but change..only these

steering lock (drift) in menu options: 310

throttle sens: 0

ffb: 100 (very verrrrrrrrrrrry light)
strange huh? this is was actually stuffs you up (me)...if heavier i think this would fix alot!

now go into TUNING OPTIONS (QUICK TUNING) AND PUT
steering: 0.00

dont get your hopes up guys...is it any good, ummm not really but my point is that i did get 200 points...were before it was under 50...with spinning out everytime..
i just wanted to share it with you guys anyway, no harm...if anyone who knows about tuning and can do sumthing with this please reply on how you did..what you changed/fixed...or just what you thought.
cheers

I know it sucks...but do thr drift event with the controller, it's 1000% better. I've been having tons of fun with the drift events with the controller. When I want to do everything else, I quit the game, plug the G27 and go away happy to have played 2 "modes" while having fun instead of beeing frustrated by trying to drift with the wheel.

With the controller, I did the Willow springs tracks on Hard on the 2nd try and almost beat the autolog score with the Sylvia that was givin to me in the game.

Anyway...I know, it would be better drifting with the wheel, but hey, at least it's still fun with the controller.

hey again guys.... as you can tell i refuse to give up on drifting on the g25(ps3)...but i finally got drift working with awd... yesssss i know its not considered real drifting unless its a rwd, but i just want to be able to use my g25 until its patched
(they better after not fixing it in the first game)...
sorry about quality... and you probably cant tell but i went from say 50 points to 200 points (previous post..using rwd)...to just under 2000 with skyline r32...adleast we can finally have a bit of fun..
so here you go....

also the slight changes i made from AWDwhites settings from his 1st settings not updated one.

steeering DZ-0
steering SN-60
throttle Sn-0
steering drift lock-900

cheers.. (vid should be live soon..)

Last edited:
I think this may be the most important setting in the wheel options:Speed Steering Sensitivity - This setting reduces the sensitivity of steering at speed. A high value applies maximum effect to make the car stable to drive down straights with a gamepad. Lowering the value will make the car feel sensitive and twitchy at higher speeds. For a multiturn steering wheel it is recommended to set this value to 0%, for other wheels a value around 50% is recommended.

Latest Posts

Back