Day 2:
- Training sessions
- Lunch break
- Competition 2
- Award ceremony
- Dinner
Day 3:
- Breakfast
- Flight back To whaterver nation you are from.

A long time to wait, but anticipating seeing you all there and riding supercars :)

I wonder what the Day 1 competition will be about because the training sessions only start on Day 2. Might be a gauging run for what you guys can do behind the wheel?

Weird how they're taking a lot longer than usual to set this up compared to the previous events they had (i.e. - GT Academy, etc.). My guess is they've stretched their resources quite a bit for this year with Lucas running LMP2, Jordan doing the European GT4 cup, GT Academy 2011 and the Signature Edition Competition :embarrassed:

Got my plane tickets today. travel on sunday through Frankfurt to Austria the 10th and back on wednesday 13th of July.

hah, yeah i think it's a 32 hour flight over to london, then 2 hours to vienna
then 22 hours flight back from london to sydney

have any other qualifiers not heard anything other than the orginal e-mail requesting additional data?

I haven't heard anything since then, not even confrimation of dates yet alone plane tickets!

hah, yeah i think it's a 32 hour flight over to london, then 2 hours to vienna
then 22 hours flight back from london to sydney

And I'll probably have a 2.5 hour flight to Sydney on either end of that ...

We don't have tickets yet Chilvas, although we have had further contact.

That is way too long to be on a plane Aussies, but on the other hand you get more value out of your victory since the tickets cost more and you get to travel to another continent :P
I hope however you will be severly jetlagged and drive like monkies for the actual competition part, hehe.
I am the only one with tickets that I know of so far. Props to my Sony rep!

Yeah we've been told our tickets should be organised soon, they're just getting the exact flights down. I've had my preliminary flight over explained to me.

Leave Sydney, then Singapore, then London, then to Vienna.
Trip back, leave Vienna, to London, then Bangkok, then Sydney.

Should be pretty sweet :D

btw never been jetlagged Marxgorm, but I've never been on such a long plane trip, should be interesting ;)
I'll be going for a few practice runs in the coming months :D

Last edited:
I've done the distance a few times, but it's always been business or first class, so it will be ... interesting :scared::dopey::)
But worth it to meet you guys, and let you all see my new car :lol:

Extra info today I see those travelling long haul get there a day before.

First comp is a 1.5 hour gt5 time trial before hitting track on day 2

So we're doing a GT5 A-spec playstation time trial on the first day? I figured it was all real life stuff? Oh well... time to start practising.

Hey Guys,

Hope all is well in your respective parts of the world !

To date I have not been contacted by anyone, I am seriously worried that Sony and PD has forgotten about me!! Please if you have any contact details, email adress etc that I can use to try and contact someone please forward them to me at [removed]

Any info will be appreciated !!

Steven

Last edited:
I'm not part of the competition, but I'm interested to know whether anyone is planning to actually keep the car if they win, or whether everyone will just sell it

Exciting news !! I got my phone call and emails today (Holy crap that was a long wait!!) so I will be seeing all of you in Austria pretty soon.

Whoop Whoop !!

NSX ... I will be keeping the car should I be the lucky one : )

DrizztZA awesome news, good to hear, seems like Sony is waiting on Mercedes for all the info to give it to us in a single package.

As for keeping the car, honestly initially i thought to myself there's no way i could keep it if i won, but now... how couldn't you keep it, it'd be absolutely amazing and so devastating to sell, so yes, i'd probably be keeping it :dopey:

I know this is similar to what has been posted before but i got this from my rep

Day1 July 11
17.00 –18.30 - Meet & Greet, introduction to AMG Driving Academy and presentation of the event schedule
18.30 –20.00 - Dinner
20.00–21.30 - CHALLENGE 1: GT5 Time Trial

Day 2, July12
08.30 –13.00 - Training session of the driving challenges
13.00–14.00 - Lunch break
14.00 –16.30 - CHALLENGE 2-4 (different driving techniques) and selection of top 4 contestants
16.30 –17.00 - Break and selection of the final 4 contestants
17.00–17.30 - FINALCHALLENGE with the final 4 contestants: Drag Race
17.30 –18.00 - Award ceremony and taxi ride with SLS AMG
18.00 –23.00 - Dinner and farewell party

The fact that they say "award ceremony and taxi ride in sls amg" would make me think that we wont actually be driving the sls in the competition.

Heheh yeah I never thought they'd let a bunch of playstation kids like us into a rare super expensive Supercar

Really hope we get to drive some amgs though

well it is the amg driving academy so hopefully we will be driving a c 63 amg at least. Cant wait to get a run against all you lads too!

wish I knew what track and what settings the time trial was to be played on.. Will probably botch that one anyhow, not had a wheel for a long time and my 2 kids and work will not give me much time to practice.
Will be fun as hell anyhow, can't wait.

wish I knew what track and what settings the time trial was to be played on.. Will probably botch that one anyhow, not had a wheel for a long time and my 2 kids and work will not give me much time to practice.
Will be fun as hell anyhow, can't wait.

Same, I was hoping it was all real life driving. I haven't played in a while and I'm rubbish on some tracks:nervous:

Got me a new contact person, I got no more details for the competition but I had to fill out a questionaire that was to be published on social media when they started doing press for the event. Also I had to supply information about size since we are getting custom clothing at the event (naturally). Just over a month left now, I am gonna love this... :)

Got my plane ticket confirmation yesterday -

Johannesburg --> Zurich --> Vienna 9th July
Vienna --> Zurich --> Johannesburg 13th July

Hotel accommodation is in Leoben.

Now I can get my VISA ... see you guys soon.

Can any of you guys tell me what time your plane leaves Vienna on the 13th? Is it early morning?

Back