Skoda is Coming to Gran Turismo 7, Vision GT Car to be Revealed Next Week

• Thread starter Famine
  • 333 comments
@daan sorry i mess the quote..

i really dont care who is when someone said why to see opel cars in a conversation that i argue about why skoda instead of opel..

Last edited:
its obvious that i said about opel cars not stellantis clones.
Except no it isn't:
I never complained about any cars update, but this time i can't..
I don't understand why they bring us skoda a wv clone (group vag) and they don't give us Opel??
This is really stupid..
Not seeing anywhere that you specify this.
mates when you dont know anything about Motorsport history is good to not compare..
Bold of you to assume none of us know about Opel's Motorsport history just because we pointed out the hypocritic context in your post where you boldly claim the Skoda brand to be nothing more then a VW clone. The barb about us not knowing anything wasn't even remotely warranted and reeks of overreaction.

Last edited:
That may be the case with current Opels, but the ones built under General Motors' ownership are a very different (and often appealing) matter.

1968-opel-gt-6659920170921193540

OpelManta400_03.jpg

0f20787cbb3d2a3e5b43b9f788526e4a.jpg

OPELSpeedster-458_3.jpg
And the same can be said for pre-VW Group Skoda.

Bold of you to assume none of us know about Opel's Motorsport history just because we pointed out the hypocritic context in your post where you boldly claim the Skoda brand to be nothing more then a VW clone. The barb about us not knowing anything wasn't even remotely warranted and reeks of overreaction.
mate its not hypocritic, its bold statement.. skoda has nothing in motorport history comparable to opel.so what you want to answer my friend when you believe that Opel and Skoda is comparable on motosport history?

It would be a new brand for gran turismo, while Skoda is not my favorite its still nice to see new things, as of new brands there is no brand i would like to see as much as koenigsegg

mate its not hypocritic, its bold statement.. skoda has nothing in motorport history comparable to opel.

And we were somehow supposed to infer just from that quip that you were reffering to Opel's Motorsport History?
so what you want to answer my friend when you believe that Opel and Skoda is comparable on motosport history?
Considering Opel's Motorsport history only goes back to the 1980's while Skoda's goes all the way back to 1901, do you want to tell me how Skoda has "nothing" in Motorsport history?

This fixation on motorsport history as your justification to including a brand is beyond stupid considering Tesla is in the game and we all know about how much "Motorsport" they have...

Last edited:
skoda has nothing in motorport history comparable to opel
Skoda at Le Mans:
1713472433865.png

I tried to find a picture of Opel's entries to the world's most famous endurance race but... couldn't for some reason? And yeah, Skoda was (as L&K) pretty famous as a motorbike racing outfit back in the early 1900s.

Speaking as someone who actually nominated an Opel in the Suggestions forum I'd quit this one while you're behind.

And we were somehow supposed to infer just from that quip that you were reffering to Opel's Motorsport History?
the name of a brand was created from racing back then.
Considering Opel's Motorsport history only goes back to the 1980's while Skoda's goes all the way back to 1901, do you want to tell me how Skoda has "nothing" in Motorsport history?
how 1901 when the first car from skoda was 1905?
This fixation on motorsport history as your justification to including a brand is beyond stupid considering Tesla is in the game and we all know about how much "Motorsport" they have...
why not Tesla is the best electric cars out there!

the name of a brand was created from racing back then.
Yet it doesn't change the fact that Skoda DOES have racing history.

how 1901 when the first car from skoda was 1905?
As literally pointed out above:

And yeah, Skoda was (as L&K) pretty famous as a motorbike racing outfit back in the early 1900s.

For someone fixated on Motorsports history, you sure appear to be missing those facts.
why not Tesla is the best electric cars out there!
Because by the inexplicable standard you have as an issue with Skoda, They also shouldn't be included because "Motorsport History".

Last edited:
Skoda at Le Mans:
View attachment 1347917

I tried to find a picture of Opel's entries to the world's most famous endurance race but... couldn't for some reason? And yeah, Skoda was (as L&K) pretty famous as a motorbike racing outfit back in the early 1900s.

Speaking as someone who actually nominated an Opel in the Suggestions forum I'd quit this one while you're behind.
i dont know how i miss your thread in suggestions forum!! wooooow!! <3
at least opel has won the worlds hardest endurance race.. :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I'm going to repeat what many people said here earlier: it's great to have Skoda in Gran Turismo... but it's not great to have it in form of VGT. Especially an "all-electric" VGT. There are some cool VGT models, for sure, but they usually feel too much like spaceships and are not fun to drive IMO.

And as for "no VGT, no Skoda in Gran Turismo" theory... I'll just say I'm happy that there exists something like Forza where if PG/T10 wants a brand to be added, they simply add it with some real models (or at least "real" concept models, like it was with Cupra for starters - also a VAG brand btw) ;)
While VGT's certainly improve brand relations and help bring other models to the series - I don't believe that's the major reason for their inclusion. Afterall, pay the licensing fee and you'll get access to a particular car.

However, paying license fees is a one way transaction and needs to be funded in some way. After Forza Motorsport's disastrous commercial performance I struggle to see how Microsoft can justify AAA budgets for future iterations. I'm sure the series will continue - but I envisage much of it's content will be hand me downs from Forza Horizon.

The VGT program has much wider implications than just bringing a particular brand or car to the series. VGT's are a joint promotion by Sony and the brand in question. Both will contribute to the VGT's creation alongside comprehensive marketing to promote both the car and Gran Turismo itself. This is turn increases the profile of the series and engrains the series evermore into wider car culture.
What are you talking about? You don’t even know the licensing agreements behind the cars they are adding.
If you think these hugely expensive, multi-year, projects, with primetime promo spots on PlayStation's media outlets, are being funded by Sony - I have a bridge to sell you. Same goes for all the commercial partnerships we see in Gran Turismo.

Everything is done with a view to increase sales and/or bring in additional revenue. Projects like Vision GT are a means for Sony to leverage the Gran Turismo franchise with manufacturers - not unlike concept cars designed to make the headlines at car shows.

Last edited:
We've had the SEAT brand in the past. This is wonderful news for future possibilities. Even into a possible next game. Just collect the thing for one million. Sell it or play with it for a bit. Let PD show Skoda the in-game sales numbers and we may see some wishes fulfilled.

As been pointed out umpteen times before, a VGT does not mean any other one car was forgotten or took a slot or is a reason a non-VGT car was added.

What next, Lada?
Having once took a ride in a 2107 when I was overseas, I wouldn't mind seeing that too.

Edit: Perhaps now that PD have the Skoda license, we'll see more cars from them in the future updates.

Last edited:
VGTs are not a problem as the cars are brought into the garage. So no need to drive them 😃

Few of them (IMO the BMW for example) are worth to be taken out from time to time.

Cheers M

I remember asking Kaz about Skoda at one of the world tours and he said PD is in touch with the brand. I was hoping for something more like the WRC Fabia instead of a hot-wheels EV, but it is what it is.

I wouldn’t mind it too much if they add this car this month, but it could end up as a nightmare update if it’s joined by the Sony car. My soul is still scarred after getting two concepts in the January update.

You know something we don't, do you? :D :D

Also, they have chosen my birthday to reveal, so it will obviously be a great car

"If, down the line, you're having fun in an Octavia vRS or Fabia WRC-based Gr.B, you'll literally have the VGT program to thank for it."

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN
Wow @Jordan , wanna share something with your react? 🤔🤔🤔 Even if you know, you can't say anything, but, you can react again... 🤔🤔🤔
By the way, @Famine , those 2 "predictions" were very "oddly specific" even if they can be predicted : The vRS refer to a 2021-2023 model (Octavia RS is a very iconic Skoda model also) and Gr.B Fabia would fit the Rally Skoda history without much licensing/money problem

Last edited:
Back