Skoda is Coming to Gran Turismo 7, Vision GT Car to be Revealed Next Week

• Thread starter Famine
  • 333 comments
Crazy we get a Skoda before the G80, Rs6 or Rs4
…but after the Genesis and Audi VGTs.
1713809320720.gif

Infiniti was in the game before the VGT was (and Infiniti's presence in gaming is just weird). So was Mini. So was Hyundai. So was McLaren... In fact, so was every other brand (or at least every other one which builds more than one car) that has produced a Vision GT so far.

This is a first example of an actual, established vehicle manufacturer that isn't already in the game building a Vision GT car as its first Gran Turismo vehicle. It's the very first situation where VGT is the start of the relationship.
I get what you're saying, but like the rest of my post explains, having this Skoda VGT does not guarantee the inclusion of future Skoda road cars at all. Even if they do come in the future, it could be years before we see them in GT8 or beyond. Until then, we will only have the VGT in game to show for it. It just shows PD's priorities. Anything VGT or marketing related and they pushed it through development ASAP. For everything else, even though it's a highly popular/requested/historic/interesting model, it gets put on the backburner and just gets released whenever Kaz feels like it. Just look at the facelifted Audi R8 for example. We only just got it in game when the real car has finished production :lol:

It really doesn't matter how many Infinitis were in previous games. From GT Sport onwards, there is only the VGT in the dealer. If someone is not well acquainted with the car world, they might be forgiven to think Infiniti is a concept brand that doesn't make any road cars. To be fair, they've been making meh cars for years now but you get my point.

Iso/Zagato are another example of how a relationship started with VGT doesn't necessarily translate to more models coming in the future. We haven't seen an Iso Grifo or any of the other Zagato concepts added (there was the TZ3 Stradale but that was in GT6). Same with Italdesign although that is a more recent addition.

I mean I'm sure we will see Skoda road cars at some point. But as always with PD the issues are their priorities are often backwards, their timeline vague, and development is unacceptably slow for a developer of their caliber and reputation.

I'm calling it!

2 Škoda cars + 1 cartoon car together with Brno circuit.

Škoda is from Czech Republic so is Brno.

with 3 new cars GT7 will reach a milestone of 500 cars in the game they need to celebrate that somehow don't they?

I don’t share your optimism regarding a new track and if we were to get a new one I think it would be a different one.

But I also think we will get 3 cars. I only hope that the third one is not a rally car which given Skodas history in Rally would unfortunately make sense.

While I think Skoda is super exciting a VGT, a vintage car and a Rally car would be disappointing to me.

A GT4 or a GT3 would be amazing.

Last edited:
I would be worried that If they will add Skoda Gr3 car it would be VGT Skoda gr3 version just like Suzuki.
I don't think that Skoda VGT can even be Gr.3 as its a EV car and more likely it would been Gr.1 imho

same way as the new Genesis VGT

Last edited:
I don't think that Skoda VGT can even be Gr.3 as its a EV car and more likely it would been Gr.1 imho

same way as the new Genesis VGT

Well that wasn’t the problem in this case. They could make engine version of Skoda VGT for gr3.

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpeg
    IMG_0557.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 2
Kaz is in Prague, compared to other recent VGT launches this Skoda reveal seems like quite a big event:

I still wouldn't be surprised if there is no update this month and the Skoda comes at the end of May and I think it's unlikely there will be a specific Skoda update with multiple cars like some are suggesting.

SKODA Vision Gran Turismo : Unveiled | Gran Turismo TV_Youtube [April 24th 2024]​

à la

Most minuscule update ever with one vehicle added.

/idk

Kaz is in Prague, compared to other recent VGT launches this Skoda reveal seems like quite a big event:

I still wouldn't be surprised if there is no update this month and the Skoda comes at the end of May and I think it's unlikely there will be a specific Skoda update with multiple cars like some are suggesting.

Maintenance on the 25th 😉

they are promoting skoda vgt as hell...🤣🤣🤣 didn't saw they would hype other vgt cars so much..

has to be something really special 🤣🤣🤣🤣
1500 kg ev with 700 electric horses..fixed setup
500 front df and 600 back df..
hard to handle
hahahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is there though? The maintenance announcement is for the 25th but they usually (or on GT Sport when I paid more attention at least) say a update will be available on the same post. 🕵️‍♂️

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything until it is announced in the reveal tomorrow.
In the GT7 era, there has not yet been an announced-on-the-website maintenance period that hasn't been tied to an update. That's not to say they can't do "just maintenance", but so far it hasn't happened.

GT Sport had an update that only added a new car: the Audi VGT.

So if this update only has the Skoda, which is likely due to it being hyped up like the Audi was, I think a new track may be added like the Audi-only update.

Given that Kaz is in Prague, along with the GTWS event being held there, I believe that we're getting a new fictional Prague street circuit.

I'd be surprised if they add a new street circuit after the developers explanations of how much longer they take to produce vs normal tracks.

If we're talking Czech circuits then Brno would be a fine addition.

Oh wow, the expectations are really peaking here out of nowhere. But we all actually realize this update will very possibly only have Skoda VGT, right? Would be happy to be wrong, but so far it seems right.
When has a GT7 update ever added just one vehicle?

Last edited:
Back