Skoda is Coming to Gran Turismo 7, Vision GT Car to be Revealed Next Week

• Thread starter Famine
  • 333 comments
Still think the 1100 OHC is overwhelmingly likely after being featured so prominently in tweets/teasers.

My prediction:

Skoda 1100 OHC '57
Skoda Octavia VRS '23
Skoda VGT

New track? Eh, I think if there is one it won't have any relation to Skoda or Czechia whatsoever. I think we'll have to wait until the GTWS visits Montreal and they'll add Circuit Gilles Villeneuve...

Last edited:
Still think the 1100 OHC is overwhelmingly likely after being featured so prominently in tweets/teasers.

My prediction:

Skoda 1100 OHC '57
Skoda Octavia VRS '23
Skoda VGT

New track? Eh, I think if there is one it won't have any relation to Skoda or Czechia whatsoever. I think we'll have to wait until the GTWS visits Montreal and they'll add Circuit Gilles Villeneuve...
This is exactly where I'm at.

Psvr2 hud update: nope..

Dd+/Extreme unnerfing/full force support: generally not sucking with the sdk so wheels feel realistic(again!)
… nah.. too much like work.

New track(tarmac): doubt it.

Relevant race cars: unlikely..

Im really more worried about how else polyphony digital is going to make my DD Extreme worse//weaker//buggier than they have the past two patches.

I'm not sure why the news of an entire new brand (from an entire new country) coming to GT is being treated as poo-worthy, but it sure does make a lot of people look stupid, entitled gatekeepers. I'd expect that of Facebook/Twitter/YouTube comments, but GTPlanet users?

I get not liking VGT cars. Most of them suck to drive - not that you're required to, as the only VGT events are Bonus Menus and not part of game progress - and a lot are not great to look at. The fact they're running to a formula of all-wheel drive, electric. 700hp+ is almost irrelevant as that's what brands are making in the real world now too.

But this whole "VGT sucks" attitude is mad. Skoda hasn't been in GT before (except its logo, on the GT6 Goodwood Hillclimb). Clearly someone at Skoda (maybe a young designer, brought up on games; this happens a lot) has got through to marketing about the VGT project - which a lot of car designers take really rather seriously - and that's opened up channels between Skoda PR and GT Explore that didn't previously exist.

That increases the possibility of Skoda as a brand coming to GT in a much wider form (like sibling Volkswagen AG brands) and bringing us more "real" cars. No VGT project, no Skoda.

And all it takes is a VGT you're judging before you've even seen most of it, much less driven in the game, and probably won't even think about beyond April 24th. If, down the line, you're having fun in an Octavia vRS or Fabia WRC-based Gr.B, you'll literally have the VGT program to thank for it.
I've already had 6 years of fun in an Octavia vRS in the past. RA02 EUW silver and great fun to drive 👍

Psvr2 hud update: nope..

Dd+/Extreme unnerfing/full force support: generally not sucking with the sdk so wheels feel realistic(again!)
… nah.. too much like work.

New track(tarmac): doubt it.

Relevant race cars: unlikely..

Im really more worried about how else polyphony digital is going to make my DD Extreme worse//weaker//buggier than they have the past two patches.
I dont see how this is related to the news of a VGT car reveal, or implementation.

Do you think Skoda are paying for it, to be in the game I seriously doubt that, it's more likely an approach by PD, and it's a way to build relationships between the companies, If car manufacturers wanted cars in games that bad they wouldn't charge for the IPR of there models. Toyota, Mazda and Genesis probably give cars for free, but have a contract that states PD must put certain cars or run competitions. The only one that probably is part 9f a commercial deal, is the watch company, and suspect PD approached them if them as a potential sponsor and offered the VGT as its announcement and marketing strategy if they came on board
I don't think there's any possibility PD are paying an OEM to design a new car - be it virtual or a real life concept. PD are a game developer - an industry that is seeing significant layoffs - even amongst successful teams like Insomniac. These VGT programs are marketing led and another string to Sony's bow to generate commercial revenue from the franchise. An OEM will be sold on the concept by whatever marketing team Sony send in - it's a means to attract a new audience to your brand - a younger demographic is of particular interest. A 21st century spin on producing a concept car for a show which is then seen in the press and on TV.
For modern race cars specifically? Yes, PD aren't as relevant in it, because the market for modern race car sims is stupidly saturated right now.

It'd be silly of them to focus on the one segment of cars that 10 other sims already hyperfixate on, when there is so much more of automotive history out there that they can move into and own pretty much uncontested.
Given PD are producing at least double the amount of content than is being released - and given the very specific nature of DLC releases - those being retuning classics (road & race). I'd say it's more likely PD are stockpiling a collection of the latest race cars to replenish their classes for the release of GT8.

There is always the possibility of the occasional brand new model, be it a race car like the SF23 or a road car like the 911 RSR. But in the main the DLC cars we've been getting are returning favourites to the franchise (LFA, 400R, 190E) - or all-new bona fide classics (RS500, 959, DS).

GT7 isn't a GAAS so PD will always have an eye on GT8 and the content needed to sell copies.

Maybe the next Gran Turismo will become a GAAS so PD will be more inclined to release newer cars in a timely manner. If that's the case you can expect to pay for said DLC.

Last edited:
I don't think there's any possibility PD are paying an OEM to design a new car - be it virtual or a real life concept. PD are a game developer - an industry that is seeing significant layoffs - even amongst successful teams like Insomniac. These VGT programs are marketing led and another string to Sony's bow to generate commercial revenue from the franchise. An OEM will be sold on the concept by whatever marketing team Sony send in - it's a means to attract a new audience to your brand - a younger demographic is of particular interest. A 21st century spin on producing a concept car for a show which is then seen in the press and on TV.

Given PD are producing at least double the amount of content than is being released - and given the very specific nature of DLC releases - those being retuning classics (road & race). I'd say it's more likely PD are stockpiling a collection of the latest race cars to replenish their classes for the release of GT8.

There is always the possibility of the occasional brand new model, be it a race car like the SF23 or a road car like the 911 RSR. But in the main the DLC cars we've been getting are returning favourites to the franchise (LFA, 400R, 190E) - or all-new bona fide classics (RS500, 959, DS).

GT7 isn't a GAAS so PD will always have an eye on GT8 and the content needed to sell copies.

Maybe the next Gran Turismo will become a GAAS so PD will be more inclined to release newer cars in a timely manner. If that's the case you can expect to pay for said DLC.
Why are we not ALL on the same page about this specific matter as of now?
I mean, few months of update yet and VGT debate / selected car added is still not settle for people complaining ?

GT7 is now in "stopped" status regarding content nor being car. Be glad if you receive any new features and/or any new/returning track.
No paid DLC means no more additions from developers paid time and no exclusive or licenced cars.

So yes, lacking of better prospect the addition of a Sköda VGT can still be regarded as a good thing. As many pointed out for diverse reasons.
If you are happy about it or not is not part of the equation.
If you wanted more from the update, congratulation to you, you are a normal human being having aspiration in life too.

Last edited:

I think you misread my post, I said I doubt Skoda would be paying PD in response to someone who insinuated that PD was making money out of the deal, I agree, VGTs will be a joint venture, and cost neutral in term of licensing.

Don't judge the update yet , as we dont know what it contains except the VGT

also PD doesn't care about Forzas , so making comparisons to them is pointless
And that's even assuming it is in this update.

Also, the Forza comparisons are beyond tiring at this point. Does not matter, does absolutely nothing and will continue to do neither.

What I really can't understand is why would PD and Skoda be making such a huge fuss over the Skoda VGT if they indeed were adding something extra? That to me highlights their belief that the VGT is the primary "OMFG WOW" element in the update.
Unless we maybe get lucky and have the Cizeta V16T or Alfa Romeo Brera or something similar returning from GT6.

What I really can't understand is why would PD and Skoda be making such a huge fuss over the Skoda VGT if they indeed were adding something extra? That to me highlights their belief that the VGT is the primary "OMFG WOW" element in the update.

Because it is a pretty big deal? Yeah I know most players are hating VGTs etc. But from the objective point of view and marketing having popular and big car brands designing concept cars exclusive to just one game is pretty big deal and something which only big brand as GT could pull off.

Unless we maybe get lucky and have the Cizeta V16T or Alfa Romeo Brera or something similar returning from GT6.
Other than their WRC entry, what vehicle in Skoda's sales catelogue is really "OM*G WOW"?
There's no AMG/M/Stradale/ConsonantConsonant-1 type car they produce. If this VGT gets people to think about the brand and gets players to say hey they made something cool, job done.

Because it is a pretty big deal? Yeah I know most players are hating VGTs etc. But from the objective point of view and marketing having popular and big car brands designing concept cars exclusive to just one game is pretty big deal and something which only big brand as GT could pull off.

So in other words, it's just a marketing gimmick designed for Skoda's benefit, rather than the gaming public. If someone happens to like VGTs, fair enough 🤣

Other than their WRC entry, what vehicle in Skoda's sales catelogue is really "OM*G WOW"?
There's no AMG/M/Stradale/ConsonantConsonant-1 type car they produce. If this VGT gets people to think about the brand and gets players to say hey they made something cool, job done.

Like I mentioned previously when I quoted another member, it's just a marketing gimmick designed for Skoda's benefit without really giving anything to the gaming public, unless you enjoy racing with fake fantasy cars in a game tagged as "The Real Driving Simulator"
I would argue that Skoda's vRS range could be classified as the equivalent to perhaps Audi's "S" range or Volvo's "Polestar" models. While it doesn't scream "RS/M or AMG" performance, I think many car enthusiasts would very much welcome real world Skoda models. I know I would.

So in other words, it's just a marketing gimmick designed for Skoda's benefit, rather than the gaming public. If someone happens to like VGTs, fair enough 🤣
This is not uncommon. Sometimes a company presents a range of items one of which is the highlight to attract public attention while other items are the actual substance of the presentation for those looking beyond the attention.

I'm not big on VGT cars either. But I like the idea that PD gives car manufacturers an opportunity to create their dream car. Usually these things are only design studies. In GT7, they are fleshed out further than just being a hollow shell.

Last edited:
Back