slipSHOTS: FM4

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 142 comments
This is probably my favorite update from you in quite a while. You just nailed the time period look of the shots beautifully. Nothing flashy with crazy angles or anything, just perfectly presented along with great color balance. And you know me, big fan of noise, and these are spot on in that department.

Really lovely set. I like the well-balanced colours and the smoothness. Great angles and focal lengths, as well. :)

Brilliant pics as usual. First is the fav.

Will you edit the Forza 4 logo out on some in the future instead of cropping or change the aspect ratio?

slipshots presents
GT1 GTO LM @ Laguna Seca

(click on image for full-size)
_____________________________​

Update Info: You'd be surprised what sorts of GT-related designs are already up on the storefront. I always liked the look of the old LM, even if it was sort of a pig to drive. It still feels like a lard-arse in FM4, so the more things change... this ties in with this week's 2.0 competition, a theme I personally love exploring, as my FM4 garage will prove. Enjoy!

ImaRobot - Excellent! I was tempted to go with a stronger sepia look, but I'm glad I didn't.

Onion - The hard work of the livery is attributed to the storefront, I just paids my monies, and shots my pictures :P

Stoney - Thanks! The biggest surprise was that with a little bit of work, it's actually become a decent D350 performer!

RG - As long as you keep saying the noise is just right, I will continue to use the same settings ;)

S4 - Glad you enjoy! I believe my next set is going to be a certain GT5 collection...

725 - It's definitely become one of my favourites, glad you like it too!

chromatic9 - Unless I switch it up to using all Big Shots (if I have the patience)... probably not. That watermark is so enormous that I rarely feel like removing it, hence the constant cropping. It's too bad, really.

ripenrun - Thank you!

Last edited:
Another great set of shots. The depth of focus works really well on the first shot. My favourite has to be the third shot, Very nice composition 👍

WOOOW!!! Looks like God has passed here and leaved some pieces of art 👍 That 2000GT and GTO sets are truly divine looking!!! Great composition all over them and nice cameras selections 👍

A very well executed update buddy :)

slipshots presents
Forza Planet 787B

Update Info: The "FP Stealth" 787B has morphed into this. I was planning on doing a more unique livery, but, well, I can't argue with a classic. Enjoy!

flo - Thanks, I've been meaning to get back into more fun presentations, but I just don't have the time anymore :(

Stoney - Thanks, I figured I'd try something a bit different with the default drifting shot, glad that worked, and I'm definitely fond of that third shot location too, glad to have found it 👍

NTX - You're too kind, friend :cheers:

DomasRC - Yeah, the yellow rims are a bit much, but that's how it looked in GT1, so my hands were tied there! :P

Scaff - Glad to hear, it's obviously not nearly as fast as the good old days - infact, it's kind of a pig, but it was very fun to shoot!

Last edited:
I want that car!!!!!!!! :D Great livery work Slip buddy!! How do you have all the patience to do that great looking livery of Forza Planet? Respect buddy, respect!! :)
Now get that beast to the track!! :D

It has been a while; hope you don't mind... :scared:

I really love that 787B - everything is fine with it and it is very unique.

slipshots presents

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: ...Especially the banner image, click on that, as I'm quite proud of how it turned out. I've always enjoyed the third-gen Supra, so thought it deserved a bit of a spotlight turn here. Enjoy!

RetroGiant - Thanks! It was surprisingly easy to do, the hardest part was matching up the dashes.

Scaff - :cheers:

flo & VR6 - Thank you!

Stoney - Cheers! I do wish we could have peaks at the base liveries to better replicate them, but I understand why T10 doesn't allow that sort of thing.

NTX - I did, I did! Took it out to one of the Rivals Track Day events, and netted 130th overall :D

MR - It's hard to keep track of names now! I wouldn't quite call it unique, though :P

Onion - Well, of course, nothing is :sly:

Last edited:
I've always been in love with this Supra as well, much more then the fourth gen. The first shot is spot on, and im also lovin the last. Good depth and i like that you can actually see the challenge the car has ahead, also the little "turbo" emblem caught my eye. As for the others, they have a little to much grain for my taste.

Good toning, varying angles and clean cars. Typical SlipZtrEm-style. :P You also seem to have found a nice setting for the noise (not that it was bad before, but it is improved).

What more to say Slip buddy :) Every update you bring, is top quality!! Thos one is action packed if you ask me. Very lovely tones, and look at those angles?! :)

Really cool update this one, and also, great choice of car 👍

FEATURING:
COVER STORY: THE WINDS ARE WHISPERING
A hands-on drive of Pagani's eagerly anticipated supercar, both on the road and in anger on track. (FM4)

COVER STORY: LOST THE PLOT?
Mini's new Countryman seems extra silly in FWD form. Can it pass muster at the harshest judge of character, the Green Hell? (GT5)

COVER STORY: AFFORDABLE HERO
The Toyobaru could very well be the peoples' enthusiast car of 2012. We have the final verdict. (GT5)

COVER STORY: LONG-TERMER TEST
Part 1 of our massive Hangar overview - a dozen of our long-term vehicles take to the Nurburgring GP course to see how they compare. (GT5/FM4)

UNLIKELY ALLIES
Our man Nick takes his shiny new V12 Vantage to Tsukuba to face off against a monster of an orange R8... (GT5)

THE RED SOW
Sure, AMG Mercs filled to the brim with engine seems the norm now, but it all started 41 years ago with this, the original 300 SEL 6.8 AMG. (FM4)

AND MORE!
On stands May 1!

_________________________​

Update Info: For those who frequent GTP's Photomode section, you'll know I enjoy doing magazine layouts over in my gallery. Well, I've decided to do one for both games, because really, why not?! This is a teaser of what's to come... I'm also curious how much this community would be up for working together to create something similar to GTLife magazine. Sound off with your thoughts!

Enjoy!

flo - All part of the fun, that :P

ImaRobot - Doh, I've been toning down the grain slightly the last few updates, but it's so hard to accurately judge considering everybody's on different monitors. Will keep that in mind... glad you like the first and last shots, though 👍

S4 - I think it's safe to say I've finally, finally found settings in FM4 that apply themselves nicely to my post-game editing style from GT, absolutely :).

NTX - Thanks good buddy! I needed some multi-car shots for a change... perhaps we should finally get around to a race or two and get some shots while we're at it :cheers:

Last edited:
I absolutely love this idea and i cant wait to see more of it 👍 I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

Would love to be involved in anything magazine style.

That work on GT Life is outstanding. I always somehow put off getting a PS3 and a copy of GT5, but when I see something like that it really, really makes it hard to resist!

Back