So, I made a site for downloading SVG numbers

• Thread starter 996rick
  • 91 comments
Hey guys. I've been doing a bunch of JGTC and JTCC liveries recently and noticed the fonts for those numbers don't seem to be on the site or on the decal searches. So, anyone able to identify the fonts of the images below and/or upload the font family here?

JGTC:

1662648095032.png
1662648213207.png
1662648285751.png

JTCC:

1662648364307.png
1662648520113.png
1662648584535.png

Hey guys. I've been doing a bunch of JGTC and JTCC liveries recently and noticed the fonts for those numbers don't seem to be on the site or on the decal searches. So, anyone able to identify the fonts of the images below and/or upload the font family here?

JGTC:

View attachment 1191188 View attachment 1191189 View attachment 1191190

JTCC:

View attachment 1191191 View attachment 1191192 View attachment 1191193
I recognize a few of these.

The first 3 are not on the site. But I think I know the font in the yellow 16, so will try to figure that out (Future bold condensed maybe?)

In the second 3, the 16 Atlus looks to be the same as the BTCC font on the site. The 12 Atlus I believe is Compacta, also on the site. I don't know the JTCC 7.

I recognize a few of these.

The first 3 are not on the site. But I think I know the font in the yellow 16, so will try to figure that out (Future bold condensed maybe?)

In the second 3, the 16 Atlus looks to be the same as the BTCC font on the site. The 12 Atlus I believe is Compacta, also on the site. I don't know the JTCC 7.
Ah yeah those are pretty good matches actually, the two Atlus ones. Let us know how you get on with the top three. I'll see if I can find some more in the same font as that last JTCC 7...

It's been a while, but I recently pushed an update to the site. https://gt7numbers.com

Added some new fonts, including a Hendrick Motorsports one requested on GTCommunity Designs discord. Also added a new column-based layout, as the page was getting super long.

Last, added the ability to download the entire font set of numbers, in addition to individual ones.

As always, if you have a font set to share, I'd love to add it. And I'll do my best with requests, but don't always have the fonts.

Last edited:
I'd love if it could assemble up to 3-digit numbers on its own, but that's probably a lot more work to implement :D

Hey Rick, I found (somewhat) perfect font of the running series of the SuperLapBattle and GlobalTimeAttack
0707gta.jpg

See the comparison:

Q4TYqyp.png

Its the good ol' Impact font, with a slight skew.
Im finishing my second GTA replica, is it worth to add these to your site? I don't think Impact cursive is an existing font, but I can convert all numbers to .svgs with the right amount of skew?
Let me know :)

What might be a cool addition, and I don't know if this is something legal in terms of licenses, but to add the actual plates of the racing series as well..?

Hey Rick, I found (somewhat) perfect font of the running series of the SuperLapBattle and GlobalTimeAttack
0707gta.jpg

See the comparison:

Q4TYqyp.png

Its the good ol' Impact font, with a slight skew.
Im finishing my second GTA replica, is it worth to add these to your site? I don't think Impact cursive is an existing font, but I can convert all numbers to .svgs with the right amount of skew?
Let me know :)

What might be a cool addition, and I don't know if this is something legal in terms of licenses, but to add the actual plates of the racing series as well..?

Looks like you're right – yes please send them over!

---

Racing plates has been something I've thought about and others have suggested. The thinking behind the numbers are that it'd be difficult to post ALL the number files to the site (so many SVGs) and also difficult to find due to the terrible search. And would be impossible to browse on search.

So this site lets me peruse numbers, download a couple, and even make a new SVG for a 2 or 3 digit number in my design software with the single assets.

(Also I have thousands of fonts due to being a working designer, and don't have number plates sitting around)

On the number plates, most are on search already and are easier to find. So I wonder if the use case of folks downloading them and self-hosting on gran-turismo.com is realistic.

I'll happily add it if there's demand. Please let me know :) and I'd need community help to compile.

Alternatively – do we get a sticky somewhere linking to the best options already on the gran turismo site?

Last edited:
@996rick hey its me again :D

Im doing some BTCC cars and I noticed in the 1997 season they used a different font than on the site (the vintage series)
Not really sure where I've seen that vintage number anyway.

I found a better one and its a font!
Maybe some BTCC expert can help out? @05XR8 ?
Its a minor thing but now Im curious

Attachments

• Btcc1-Regular.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 7
Well, this is about the nerdiest & niche thing I've ever built.

I've spent plenty of time looking for numbers in the decal search and it's not great. So I often make my own. But most folks don't have a ton of fonts available, so I thought this could be an interesting resource to download your own rather than me trying to upload a ton of numbers for everyone. I saw rabbitinvasio's number thread here and thought I could build upon that idea. Plus I wanted to test out some website thingies and needed something to build.

Here it is: GT7numbers.com

There are 8-ish fonts there now, some with multiple weights.
  • Each number is an individual SVG image, already formatted for gran-turismo.com, so they should just work.
  • Click on each to download the SVG, or right-click to save image.
  • Feel free to modify/combine/etc the SVGs to make whatever.
  • Please let me know if you run into any bugs or difficulties.
Do you have any you'd like to see added? I'd like to cover the major racing series atleast.

View attachment 1147544
Thanks @996rick
Yoink!

I asked a Japanese dude who posted the IMSA Vasser Lexus about the font he used and he simply told me to search for IMSA but I did not find the exact same numbers he used. also what would the font for Super Taikyu be?

IMSA uses Arial for the car numbers according to their 2023 style guide.

Pretty sure Super Taikyu uses Helvetica or some very close derivative.

Last edited:
@Nuschel01 which font do you use for the JTC 1992 numbers? I used compact but it's kinda different than yours. I love your 92 liveries so I want some consistency in that, could you share it? Thanks mate!

@996rick Just another person dropping by to say thank you very much! :cheers: .

Such a simple idea, but oh so useful. Proved handy for finding the right style of JTCC fonts recently.

Last edited:
Back