Sony is increasing PS Plus prices so they can lower PS Now prices?PS4 

• Thread starter CnPx
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
PS Plus is having a £3 price increase in June. That will then make it £3 more then Xbox Gold. When we all thought Sony was doing something good for the 1st time in god knows how long, it turns out it was at the cost of increasing the price of Plus. The new joint subscription is £15 and Xbox ultimate is £11 and the Playstation joint subscription with streaming is £18 when ultimate has streaming already so that's £7 more expensive per month. I also bet this doesn't include EA play either.
I understand Sony is as big as Microsoft but that doesn't mean they can take us for a bunch of mugs. I also know that inflation is a thing but £3 is a bit more then inflation. Regular PS Plus users should not have to pay more because a service they don't use is to go down in price. Its starting to get to the point where owning a Playstation just isn't worth it in my opinion. I already own a PC and I bought a Playstation due to GPU prices being through the roof at the moment and I thought it would be good to complete the exclusives. To play online its gonna cost more then Netflix? So to gain access to thousands of movies cost less then to be able to play a 1v1 online in call of duty? I smell extortion.
I know loads of people are gonna disagree with me and say the price is fine and all that. But that's why Sony does this sort of crap. I know Sony isnt as big as Microsoft but if Sony can afford to charge a certain price before then why all of a sudden has it gotta go up by 40%? Starting to think Sony is going bankrupt with all the pennies they been trying to scrape together recently 😂 Everything they seem to be doing is at the cost of their consumers expense rather then being value for money. Have they not learned that when you make people feel like they are getting a good deal they will be more happy to spend money with you rather then shaking them upside down to see what falls out their pockets?
Really they should be thinking about what their rivals are doing. Microsoft is cheaper, they bought out big companies like Activision and Bethesda allowing them to bring games like Elder scrolls, Doom, Fallout, Overwatch and more as exclusives to the platform. They offer day 1 releases to the game pass service.
Guy 1: Sony, how do you plan to answer to this?
Sony: "Money"
Guy 1: "I'm sorry what?"
Sony: "Charge more money"
GT7s launch flopped due to greed and now this? I honestly am considering selling my PS5. Gamepass on PC is going to be £2 cheaper then to play online on Playstation. Thats how stupid these prices are. Yh PS Plus includes a handful of games and a game every month but so does Xbox. Playstation has adaptive triggers and the controller vibration is cool. Cool, you can connect the controller to PC and get access to those features. The only thing Sony has going for them is some of their exclusives are good game but at what cost is it to get access to those games?

Let me know what you all think of these new prices for PS Plus. Me personally, I think Sony is really pushing their luck and trying to squeeze people for way to much.

It's in Tiers now.

I have
PS+ for $59.99/Year (Normal what is current)
PS++ for $99.99/Year (Added a few extra games but no launch games)
PS+++ for $119.99/Year. (Added more PS3/One games)

The prices haven't gone up since the 49.99$ PS+ days. Just decided to add a few extra tiers which to some may see the need but for others probably won't touch Amazon Prime status.

PS Plus is having a £3 price increase in June.
Not according to Sony:

Prices are identical.

The new joint subscription is £15 and Xbox ultimate is £11 and the Playstation joint subscription with streaming is £18 when ultimate has streaming already so that's £7 more expensive per month.
Where are you getting £15 and £18 from?

PS Plus right now is £6.99/month, £19.99/quarter, or £49.99/year.
PS Plus Essential in June - the same service - will be £6.99/month, £19.99/quarter, or £49.99/year
PS Plus Extra in June - PS Plus with a downloadable PS4/5 library - will be £10.99/month, £31.99/quarter, or £83.99/year
PS Plus Premium - PS Plus/PS Now with download and stream PS1-5/P library - will be £13.49/month, £39.99/quarter, or £99.99/year

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back