Sony Patent Shows Plans To Increase PS3s Power With External Processor

a upgrade is badly needed for ps3 in some shape or form, the server or the ps3 itself for zombies on black ops cannot take four players for any of the players, plus the loading times, multiple processing is poor compared to xbox!
they even get to have cross game chat, music playing facilities etc. why not a merger? imagine the best of GT5 and Forza PS/Xbox plus they could iron out problems, have massive upgrade on current console tech but that wont happen, we need the PS4/ PS3 upgrade to be a significant step forward because the PS3 is starting to fall behind, the good features have been blocked by sony and now they are stopping progress of a product with a very good base- the us air force use them!

All I've got to say besides the fact that you have no idea how anything works is that most of what you said can be done with the current ps3, it just isn't. Cross game chat is actually implemented for paying customers, it has been for a while now. Same with music playing, it's been in the ps3 as long as ive had one, since October 2008. Most games even support it ingame as well.

Forza and GT will likely never come together, just like Sony and Microsoft wont, or just like Windows and Mac
wont. The 'issue' with only having four players in zombies has nothing to do with the ps3, that's the way the mode was designed, there is no need for 10 people. Most lag that occurs in games like blackops can be down to the fact the game is a port, meaning it wasn't designed around the ps3, but another console. After it was designed it was essentially copy and pasted and tweaked a little, that's how developers put games out on pc, ps3 and Xbox..

Legendary is right. Black Ops was designed in xbox first and ps3 was an after thought. That game was a huge disaster on ps3 ever since launch and the problems on ps3 largly outnumber those on xbox and it's strictly due to a poor port.

Cross game chat is for the ps4 and it's been said by Sony themselves it's not coming for the ps3.

Cross game chat is actually implemented for paying customers, it has been for a while now.

Um... http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189293p1.html

I also feel that the PS3 could do with a bump in performance, tech is moving so fast now that having a console with the same specs on the market for a decade just doesn't cut it like it used to. However when games are 1st party or lead developed on the PS3 (which more and more are) the results are still quite impressive given the hardware.

I don't see why they don't do some kind of Readyboost setup, maybe with a proprietary USB stick. It better than nothing to increase the amount of RAM available to the system. That way people who don't buy the stick can have games still run just on a lower graphics setting.

Robin.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought that was an official feature announced back around the time that PS+ was announced. I never really followed up on it as I haven't really had any interest in my PS3 since around that time.

Hmmh. Good luck finding a suitable bus to transfer data, might as well use the hdmi port lol. They should just learn and start over:tup:. Developers even had a hard time coding with the ps3, they need to learn and add better support for sdk programs.

Um... http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189293p1.html

I also feel that the PS3 could do with a bump in performance, tech is moving so fast now that having a console with the same specs on the market for a decade just doesn't cut it like it used to. However when games are 1st party or lead developed on the PS3 (which more and more are) the results are still quite impressive given the hardware.

I don't see why they don't do some kind of Readyboost setup, maybe with a proprietary USB stick. It better than nothing to increase the amount of RAM available to the system. That way people who don't buy the stick can have games still run just on a lower graphics setting.

Robin.

The launch consoles had more ram than the new ones (both sides of the motherboard had ram chips. Same happend to the 360.

The launch consoles had more ram than the new ones (both sides of the motherboard had ram chips. Same happend to the 360.

Are you certain the launch PS3 had more RAM? could you post a link because I'm sure its always been 256mb system 256mb video, otherwise older games wouldn't work on the newer slim models.

Are you certain the launch PS3 had more RAM? could you post a link because I'm sure its always been 256mb system 256mb video, otherwise older games wouldn't work on the newer slim models.

Must've been a hardware (new ram chips) update with the new cpu then 👍

Back