Super Smash Brothers for Wii U(NA: 21st November, EU: 28th November)/3DS(Out Now!)

• Thread starter Brend
  • 159 comments
Watching videos like that just depress me. The thought of never being half as good as that. :lol: I have been playing again, training my amiibos and I always tend to forget how smooth and fluent this game is in action, Sakurai and his team done an incredible job.

You can find some very interesting tech watching those high level play videos. Although I usually watch simply because it's intense.

I watch tourney videos because it's an exciting experience to witness the potential of characters and player mindset and psychology.

I was exposed to the Smash series through Brawl, which we all know is the most casual-friendly installment of them all. I was amazed to see people manuever in ways a beginner could never do. You'd be amazed at the amount of buton presses are required to play at a high-level. L-canceling, shield-canceling, short hop air dodge, pivot grabs, etc.

To be able to do all that while keeping your focus on fighting another player takes incredible amounts of training.

After that, there's matchup knowledge you need to build. In that video, you saw Ally time it so that when he runs off and immediately performs a b-air attack, it would've kicked Nairo on his recovery. Then there was a moment when Nairo was able to predict Ally's path to getting back on stage and prevented him from doing that with his d-air spike.

Watching players adapt to get the upper hand on each other is something I enjoy watching.

Bam. Caved. Bought myself a Wii Deluxe, full price, not even waiting for Boxing Day. I wanted to play this game that badly. Honestly a first.

I was confident in my Mario since the Brawl days, but it's clear from the two sessions I had in the past 28 hours showed I lack the ground fundamentals to be even a decent online warrior.

I have a LAN adapter expected to arrive tomorrow, and I'd like to play a few people I can talk to here on GTP.

My NNID is Okrapaeli. Feel free to add me especially if you're looking for a serious player (i.e. For Glory 1v1).

I main Mario. I'm pretty bad with Donkey Kong, and am seriously about to cave in and pick up a sword wielder like Lucina.

Bam. Caved. Bought myself a Wii Deluxe, full price, not even waiting for Boxing Day. I wanted to play this game that badly. Honestly a first.

I was confident in my Mario since the Brawl days, but it's clear from the two sessions I had in the past 28 hours showed I lack the ground fundamentals to be even a decent online warrior.

I have a LAN adapter expected to arrive tomorrow, and I'd like to play a few people I can talk to here on GTP.

My NNID is Okrapaeli. Feel free to add me especially if you're looking for a serious player (i.e. For Glory 1v1).

I main Mario. I'm pretty bad with Donkey Kong, and am seriously about to cave in and pick up a sword wielder like Lucina.
In terms of 'competitive' play I'm more of a Karter than a Smasher but I will add you just now. :D

Gratz on the Wii U, its a phenomenal console.

@AOS- -- Like Classic said, congrats on the purchase. :) I'm not a very hardcore Smash player, so I haven't really been spending time in the cutthroat jungle of online play, but I can send you a FR. It would be more fun to play in a GTP room than against strangers.

Thanks for the adds, you two.

I'll be looking into improving the router stuff with that LAN adapter I have because I still had laggy matches. While I get that sometimes it's the connection with the other player that contributes to the network latency, I'd like to maximize the performance of whatever I have control of.

Also:

I've got little to say about this, but if the WiiU ever interests me, Smash is something I'd get right away.

It took over a year but I still managed to stick to my word. :lol:

4 matches is all I have for now. I've been trying to work on a spacing game with Lucina since I got the game.

I know the population of GTP isn't huge on the Wii, let alone Smash, but I'm hoping this may get some people interested in playing some games with me.

MEGA BUMP.

Me and my girlfriend are going to be hosting a Super Smash Amiibo tournament that consists of 23 amiibo fighters taking part in a round-robin format opening round and then a Knock-Out type format for the finals. My question is, if the tournament was hosted at a reasonable enough hour, would anyone be interested in watching a stream of the tournament live on Twitch/Youtube. Just gauging interest right now, but we have already done a random draw to decide the groups of fighters so if anyone is interested...I will post the format of the tournament and the groups that have been drawn out.

Back