Suzuka Lap Times For 640+ Cars!

I think i wanna see where the CLK Touring Car ends up on the leaderboard.
Also, i think you could make the car names on the leaderboard show up in Bold letters

Lap times are a little slower online likely because of the lag time between player inputs and car positioning to the PSN servers.

Same thing tends to happen in all online games, even first person shooters where your internet connection will determine how quickly you can react/shoot/jump etc.

I've tested a new car, finally!

2:19.238 - 503 - 2003 Audi Pikes Peak Quattro

It beats the RS 6 Avant '08 by over 4 tenths of a second.

Edit: Make that two new cars!

2:09.873 - 589 - 2002 Cadillac Cien

Last edited:
I'm guessing this one tuned to 600PP would be the best 600PP car in the game:
2:08.226 - 573 - Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3

But, really, all of the Pagani's are punching above their weight class...with the exception of the Huayra.

Other ones that stand out:
2:09.744 - 555 - KTM X-Bow R
2:12.860 - 520 - Ferrari GTO
2:13.850 - 492 - Suzuki GSX-R/4
2:14.513 - 556 - Light Car Company Rocket
2:14.549 - 518 - KTM X-Bow Street
2:15.419 - 478 - Opera Performance S2000
2:21.030 - 543 - Caterham Seven Fireblade

It seems pretty clear that with the exception of the GSX-R and KTM's, the light weight cars are a bad play.

I don't think it can be overstated as to how valuable this comparative information can be for many of us. Thank you.
The lighter weight cars I guess would come into there own on a track like autumn ring or anything without big long flowing fast sections like suzuka.

Cadillac CTS-V '11

old - 2:20.805
new - 2:20.442

BMW M3 '07

old - 2:20.672
new - 2:20.141

If only the Caddy were a bit lighter. It's 628 lbs heavier than the M3!

Mazdaspeed Atenza '05

old: 2:29.713
new: 2:29.099

That lap was intense. I nailed every single apex except the first part of Degner corner in which my left wheels were on the grass and the right wheels were on the curbing. Not sure if it would count in real life, but it counted here!

C 63 AMG

old - 2:22.820
new - 2:21.574

IS F

old - 2:19.860
new - 2:19.200

Carlton

old - 2:27.517
new - 2:26.032

Last edited:
Cadillac CTS-V '11

old - 2:20.805
new - 2:20.442

BMW M3 '07

old - 2:20.672
new - 2:20.141

If only the Caddy were a bit lighter. It's 628 lbs heavier than the M3!

Mazdaspeed Atenza '05

old: 2:29.713
new: 2:29.099

That lap was intense. I nailed every single apex except the first part of Degner corner in which my left wheels were on the grass and the right wheels were on the curbing. Not sure if it would count in real life, but it counted here!

C 63 AMG

old - 2:22.820
new - 2:21.574

IS F

old - 2:19.860
new - 2:19.200

Carlton

old - 2:27.517
new - 2:26.032
This is the issue you'll continually face unless you discipline yourself. The method I use is 5 consecutive clean laps. 99% of the time that last lap is the best one and that's the time I use.

Some cars naturally allow you to be quicker from the jump, therefore the improvement from lap 1 to lap 5 is less. Others require much more time for acclimation. Cars that require more than 5 laps should be grouped in a different category for further testing. It could be an issue where some cars like a late apex better than others. Some like turning in early.
And this doesn't account for the fact you're simply better at that track now than you were even 5 days ago.

The problem was that I was content with mediocrity, mainly because I was overwhelming myself with the task of testing many hundreds of cars. Your last sentence is the key. After 600 cars and about 12,000 miles now I can focus better, because the weight of knowing I haven't done x y and z cars is lifted.

Discipline takes time. Masters of any craft are never satisfied. They can always learn and improve. Another thing to remember is that no matter how good you think you are, someone can and will make you look like you suck at what you do.

Last edited:
@SuzukaStar Believe it or not, I don't own a single Mazda Miata yet! Egads! I know.... :lol:

Anyway, which Miata would you recommend for someone who isn't going to just collect them all. Obviously, I'm looking for something that is fast and can be made faster/better handling with a good tune applied. I'd love to hear your opinion.

Well the best Miata is the 2007 Roadster RS (NC) and the one I would buy if I could only choose one. My next choice would be the 157 hp 2000 or 2004 NB.

If you really want a first generation, go for the 1997 SR-Limited or 1993 V-Special Type II.

2:07.627 - 581 - 2001 Volkswagen W12 Nardo

This car was a pain in my ass. I don't know how people can go all-out in supercars like this. They are highly unstable and are determined to throw you into a wall. If I'm in the market for something like this, just show me where the Lamborghini or GT-R is. At least 4WD is more gentle. MR is brutal.

Last edited:
Well Ithe best Miata is the 2007 Roadster RS (NC) and the one I would buy if I could only choose one. My next choice would be the 157 hp 2000 or 2004 NB.

If you really want a first generation, go for the 1997 SR-Limited or 1993 V-Special Type II.
I used the premium '89 Miata from your testing thread, the one that placed in the middle of the pack despite having lower horsepower, and it placed almost 2 seconds faster than a '97 on Tsukuba in the 450PP seasonal. I didn't test the '07 roadster, but for lower PP classes it seems the '89 has solid times. I wanted to thank you personally for testing them to show the differences in grip and performance.

The 89 is probably faster at Tsukuba because of the 60 fewer kg (132 lbs.)
It was definitely lighter, both cars being modified with weight reduction for the event, but the '89 has less horsepower yet maintained similar power to weight ratio and had more grip on cornering. The '97 would like to break loose on moderate throttle on the last sweeping curve, but the '89 could handle full acceleration with no oversteer at all.

@SuzukaStar, hope you don't mind but I copy pasted your list into Excel and made a chart. Great visual aid on showing relationship between PP and performance(laptimes). You the man!

LAPTIME_pp.jpg

No YOU the man. Why didn't I think of doing some charts?! Wonder what other plots would be interesting to look at.

Re-tested these two that were originally de-tuned to 276 hp.

2:31.529 - 417 - 1998 Nissan Stagea 260RS AutechVersion
2:32.315 - 417 - 1998 Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S

25t RS Four S
2.5L
278 hp / 6,400 rpm
246 ft-lb / 3,200 rpm (should be 253 according to Car Info...)
1,650 kg

260RS AutechVersion
2.6L
280 hp / 6,800 rpm
271 ft-lb / 4,400 rpm
1,720 kg

Less than a second of difference between them 👍 I figure if the torque was correct on the 25t RS Four S, the gap would be a bit closer.

Last edited:
@SuzukaStar Incredible run with that Volkswagen Nardo! The way you take that hairpin turn is so smooth. I literally rewound and re-watched you taking that corner 10 times. I was looking at your throttle and brake meters, looking at the speed variation through the turn and admiring your corner entry and particularly your corner exit. Just fantastic!! I don't own the VW Nardo, but it's a car I've thought about buying several times.

@Polsixe Wonderful job on the graph! I almost feel sorry for that one lonesome car all by itself in Slowville (on the lower right). HAHAHA

Tested a new car this morning!

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

3.5L
493 hp / 10,200 rpm (Garage said 511 hp @ 10k rpm but Car Info says 493 @ 10k rpm so I de-tuned it)
274 ft-lb / 8,500 rpm
1,230 kg
548 pp

Over 8 seconds quicker than the regular NSX Type R '02

It can do 2:08 with a wheel.

Last edited:
Very, very helpful information here Suzuka. Two of the cars you recently tested were in consideration for me to use in my race tonight. Thanks again. :cheers:

Re-tested a few Subaru, most notably the Impreza Sedan WRX STi (Type-II) '02

Went from 2:25.0 to 2:23.9 with one hell of a flying lap. The 2:25.0 was de-tuned to 276 hp.

The car has 296 hp and 311.5 ft-lbs straight from the dealership to the Garage.

It's 3 seconds behind the Spec C (Type-II) '04.

It's 0.6 seconds ahead of the (Type-I) '00.

Last edited:
Just tested the Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62

What a piece of crap :/

It's slightly faster than the Ford Ka '01 and Nissan Skyline 1500Deluxe (S50D-1) '63

Slightly.

Great list there. I wonder if you ever do a BMW 120d vs 120i shooutout :D

EDIT: Just noticed you already have those cars in the list. My bad :dunce:

That really ticks me off. Why the heck does PD do this? I see the type of stuff happen with many cars, not just the one in your example. There are several threads debating the worthiness of calling Gran Turismo a "simulator" in the first place, but when they can't even get the specs right - how am I to trust them on ANYTHING else? Geez....

Actually, all the supra's sent to Europe/USA had 320hp (325ps).

The JDM versions had 276hp though.

Strange that Kaz would give it the EU/US specs...

Re-tested TVR V8S '91. Been a while since I drove this car, but it is fantastic. I have a thing for "old" British roadsters. The Tamora is nice, but a little too new for me.

Old time - 2:26.614
New time - 2:25.949

I'm guessing this one tuned to 600PP would be the best 600PP car in the game:
2:08.226 - 573 - Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3

But, really, all of the Pagani's are punching above their weight class...with the exception of the Huayra.

Other ones that stand out:
2:09.744 - 555 - KTM X-Bow R
2:12.860 - 520 - Ferrari GTO
2:13.850 - 492 - Suzuki GSX-R/4
2:14.513 - 556 - Light Car Company Rocket
2:14.549 - 518 - KTM X-Bow Street
2:15.419 - 478 - Opera Performance S2000
2:21.030 - 543 - Caterham Seven Fireblade

It seems pretty clear that with the exception of the GSX-R and KTM's, the light weight cars are a bad play.

I don't think it can be overstated as to how valuable this comparative information can be for many of us. Thank you.
And because of Top Gear 's laptimes with Stig driving the cars, everyone can see that Huayra is much slower in GT6 than in real life -at least in corners. I wonder why...

And because of Top Gear 's laptimes with Stig driving the cars, everyone can see that Huayra is much slower in GT6 than in real life -at least in corners. I wonder why...
RWD. Sports Hard tires. There are other RWD cars in the list, obviously, but none with that much power and that little weight to my knowledge.

Hey Suzuka, I've really admired your work here for several months now. Have you considered additionally testing any of your cars in the list using the Fully Custom Transmission Upgrade with an OPTIMIZED Max speed setting to allow the car to reach redline on the fastest straight? Or have you found that most of the stock transmissions allow your cars listed to do that at Suzuka already? I've been doing alot of testing at Brands Hatch with 50 or so default cars and have found that while some default setting cars make poor use of the factory transmission but will run as much a 1 second faster when I OPTIMIZE the tranny. Just a thought, Thanks again for your efforts here!

Tested a new car this morning!

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

3.5L
493 hp / 10,200 rpm (Garage said 511 hp @ 10k rpm but Car Info says 493 @ 10k rpm so I de-tuned it)
274 ft-lb / 8,500 rpm
1,230 kg
548 pp

Over 8 seconds quicker than the regular NSX Type R '02

It can do 2:08 with a wheel.

This is my fastest and favorite fully tuned 600pp road car using SS SM and SH tires. I'm able to easily pilot it w/ faster lap times than my fully tuned Zonda R's, FXX's and ZZII's. Glad to see it make your list!

Hey Suzuka, I've really admired your work here for several months now. Have you considered additionally testing any of your cars in the list using the Fully Custom Transmission Upgrade with an OPTIMIZED Max speed setting to allow the car to reach redline on the fastest straight? Or have you found that most of the stock transmissions allow your cars listed to do that at Suzuka already? I've been doing alot of testing at Brands Hatch with 50 or so default cars and have found that while some default setting cars make poor use of the factory transmission but will run as much a 1 second faster when I OPTIMIZE the tranny. Just a thought, Thanks again for your efforts here!

Optimizing the maximum speed is only part of the reason for changing gear ratios. You have to take traction into account along with ensuring that corners are handled within the powerband. Also, it would give some vehicles the advantage of an extra gear. I think you'll find that on a technical course like Suzuka, a transmission optimized only for top speed would result in a slower time for several cars, especially the high-powered examples.

Back