The 20 tracks issue is really bugging me

I certainly hope that's a consequence of someone not having their facts updated, assuming it's Sony who updates the site. Remember, Yamauchi said that they haven't confirmed no where near the full amount of tracks making it into the game. It was in the interview posted here on the site a couple of days ago. I don't think he would say that if the remaining tracks are going to be variations of those we already know.

I thought he said that too. However, if you go back and read the interview you will see that that part is not in quotations. It was said by Famine.

Given the time, money, space and resources, which fantasy Gran Turismo track would you create in the real world?

Kazunori was visibly awed by this question and spent nearly a minute thinking of an answer. “Deep Forest”, he said. I countered with “Trial Mountain?”. His next answer was complex – the team haven’t revealed anywhere near all of the tracks yet and there may be a fantasy GT5 track which exceeds Deep Forest in his estimations, and Trial Mountain in mine.

Kazunori continued, “A construction company in Japan [Maeda] investigated the possibility of building Grand Valley. They wrote a book about it!”. We weren’t able to get an accurate title from Kazunori or Translator-san – it didn’t seem to translate well, but “Fantasy Business Scheme” was the final answer. If you know of this book, please let us know!

And that was that – the first meeting between the world’s largest Gran Turismo site and the game’s creator, courtesy of Alex Armour at Sony, Darin Gangi at InsideSimRacing, Andreas Nie (our co-conspirator) and Jordan.

Now, I agree with you. I think there will be way more tracks too. But it wasn't said by Kaz.

Just a shot in the dark really. But I wanted it recorded somewhere in case I'm right.

Location - one way like a hill climb.

Track - multiple laps.

I thought he said that too. However, if you go back and read the interview you will see that that part is not in quotations. It was said by Famine.

Now, I agree with you. I think there will be way more tracks too. But it wasn't said by Kaz.

Well, I'm sure the interview refers to Yamauchi's complex answer even though it's not a quotation. Let's be optimistic until all official sources clearly agree on the track amount because they don't seem to do now.

From the GT website:

From fan-favorite High Speed Ring to Daytona International Speedway, the first oval course in Gran Turismo, these 6 tracks (12 layouts total) are visually stunning and uncannily real.

They are calling tracks tracks.

the official US site says this about tracks in the Gamescon section, page 4 "Gran Turismo 5's selection of over 1,000 cars and 20 tracks / 70 track layouts".
Oh no, not again:banghead:
Gt official website: 20 tracks/70 layouts
Jeff Rubenstein: 40+ tracks/100+ layouts
Kazunori: 70+ unique courses.
So where's the truth now?

Last edited:
Oh no, not again:banghead:
Gt official website: 20 tracks/70 layouts
Jeff Rubenstein: 40+ tracks/100+ layouts
Kazunori: 70+ unique courses.
So where's the truth now?

Its a cock from PD site,as always,we know about more tracks already:

-toscana
-curso del sol
-nurburgring
-tokyo
-london
-eiger
-suzuka
-fuji
-le mans
-monza
-kart racing thing
-TG test track
-rome
-daytona
-indianapolis

12 tracks and they haven't release the final list yet,I'm going for the 40 tracks/70 layouts,which seems to be the one,and we dont counting all GT classics like grand valley and deep forest and more.

This thread should be closed, as Kaz himself said 70+ unique tracks at the GamesCom Gran Turismo 5 Breakout Session.

Quote from GTPlanet article:
As we were the first session and had a slight overrun, Kazunori couldn’t take many questions. However, he was able to confirm that the number of unique courses available in the game is “more than 70″

Last edited:
Its a cock from PD site,as always,we know about more tracks already:

-toscana
-curso del sol
-nurburgring
-tokyo
-london
-eiger
-suzuka
-fuji
-le mans
-monza
-kart racing thing
-TG test track
-rome
-daytona
-indianapolis

12 tracks and they haven't release the final list yet,I'm going for the 40 tracks/70 layouts,which seems to be the one,and we dont counting all GT classics like grand valley and deep forest and more.

I hope too see Laguna Seca on the final list. Laguna Seca is a classic just like Indianapolis or Daytona.

Up to now, Amar's claims in his winds all turned true so I'm guessing 40+ tracks with 80-90 plus layouts with reverses, short, etc...

Think about it: the rest is all true, why would this claim be any different?

-toscana
-curso del sol
-nurburgring
-tokyo
-london
-eiger
-suzuka
-fuji
-le mans
-monza
-kart racing thing
-TG test track
-rome
-daytona
-indianapolis
That's 15 tracks with about 23 different routes. Now forgive me for being realistic about all this but that could indeed be classed as nowhere near the amount of final tracks to be revealed. Another, say, 10, 11 or 12 tracks with what, a whopping 50 routes!! That would be mid to late 20's tracks with 70+ routes.

I really do think some of you are setting yourself up for the fall with all this 70 tracks business.

I hope too see Laguna Seca on the final list. Laguna Seca is a classic just like Indianapolis or Daytona.
+1

Since they haven't come up with an official track list, I bet there are still tracks to be announced. I hope so anyway.

Three words. Quality, not quantity. If there are only 20 tracks, then fine, as long as you have different variations, changing weather and so on. Lets also hope that the same phrase goes with the cars

Oh, and one more thing. Did everyone forget rally stages? There will probably loads of dirt and snow tracks, thanks to the introdution of wrc

Three words. Quality, not quantity. If there are only 20 tracks, then fine, as long as you have different variations, changing weather and so on. Lets also hope that the same phrase goes with the cars

I usually agree with that saying, but for me, it would be quite disappointing if there are only 20 tracks.

But then again, there is course creator so that could make up for it. And who knows? Maybe even DLC.

That's 15 tracks with about 23 different routes. Now forgive me for being realistic about all this but that could indeed be classed as nowhere near the amount of final tracks to be revealed. Another, say, 10, 11 or 12 tracks with what, a whopping 50 routes!! That would be mid to late 20's tracks with 70+ routes.

I really do think some of you are setting yourself up for the fall with all this 70 tracks business.

That's just a silly assumption. There's absolutely no reason to suggest we'd suddenly get such a ratio of variations per circuit. It was never like that in older GT's, nor was it in Prologue, and it also doesn't hold true for the circuits that are already confirmed for GT5. There's just a lack of logic in your argument.

It's worth pointing out that the GamesCom build had 10 unique tracks - Monza, Tokyo, Nuerburgring, TG Test Track, Madrid, Rome, Indianapolis, Rally Toscana, La Sarthe 2009 and the kart track, plus GP and Nordschliefe versions of the 'Ring. Now, I don't recall the last demo build of a game that had fifty percent of the total gameplay area available - and we know from Kazunori's comments that there are new fictional tracks coming as well (and we can infer Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and Grand Valley). Oh, and SSR5, Daytona, Suzuka, Fuji and some other ones I forget.

For "more than twenty" (21-29) to be true, they'd need to have no more than 8 or 9 tracks saved up for the finished product. Sound likely?

From what Kazunori said I'd be guessing that the real tracks number "more than 20" - and we know of, what, nine of those now? - with versions of those (Indy Speedway/F1, 'Ring 24h/GP/Nordschliefe) and GT fantasy tracks and their short/reverse/alternate layouts bringing the number to "more than 70". Sound likely?

Don't know how you perceived it Famine, but I thought the tracks itself, the Nordschleife anyway, had much more detailed surfaces.

I mentioned already the second to last corner on the old layout of the Ring sending me up in the air twice when I hit the curb.

I think it's safe to speculate, at least, they paid much attention to the curbs. Throw in suspension tuning and you could find yourself in a position where you not only setup the car for the corners but also have to pay special attention to an individual curb.

So while the number of unique tracks might be limited, they themselves seem to offer a lot more variety.

This has been done before on a smaller scale but even the grass seemed to be slipier in certain areas.

Of course, could be that I'm so hyped from getting to play that damn game that I'm making this all up in my mind.

But on the other hand I'm really hooked by the driving challenge. It's not a simple matter of learning the braking and turn-in points anymore, it was a much richer experience.

PGR4 did this by adding rain and snow, to give the tracks some variety. But I can see the possibility that the tracks in GT5 will be challenging because they added that much detail.

So, in the end, I'm not concerned in the least about mere numbers because I have the feeling the tracks won't grow old as fast as they usually do with other franchises.

Good to see the industry in addressing this with different approaches.

There might be WRC events, like Rally Japan, Welsh Rally, Rally Finland etc all with ptp & special stages ( like WRC 4 ).There has got to be more than 20 tracks.Also it's like pulling teeth, for news on the WRC front.

Yes, they seem to have captured the concept that tracks are organic. This bit of tarmac might look the same as the one 6 feet to the right, but it might behave wholly differently.

That said, hammering through what I expect and suspect, we're looking at about 45 wholly unique tracks with reverse/short/alternate versions pushing the number of tracks to just about 80. If that's not enough, I don't know what is. Luckily we also have a course maker.

Reverse versions should not be counted. They would bump up the total track number enormously.
Anyway, 45 unique tracks would mean that many of the GTPSP/GT4 tracks would be left away if other completely new tracks will be added in addition to the 18 we already know to be confirmed. Also, many real life tracks, including those appeared in GT, have karting facilities. If they will be added, they would significantly increase the total variation count, which would go easily well over 80.

At this point I'm expecting well over 45 unique tracks as a big surprise, but I won't pull my hair if their total number will be around 45 or slightly less.

Good to hear I'm not completely off my rocker by now ;)

When I heard "track creator", my first thought was creating my private Ascari Race Resort. Just think of the possibilities, and the game seems to take care of all that tedious stuff by letting the player set the parameters only.

I seriously think we'll all be fine at the end of the day and as you said, the content is amazing.

Hell, they could sell the demo tomorrow and it'll be a huge seller.

Back