The Crew: Wild Run Edition

The Crew Updates

11/24/2014 12:00 AM

We hope you’re all getting ready to jump into the Open Beta for one last test before December 2nd. While the team is focusing on the launch, some modifications were still applied to the Open Beta that should improve your experience.
Improvements:
For this Open Beta, the team has applied some server modifications that should improve the “Session service”.

Known issues:
During the previous Closed Beta on Consoles, some players encountered difficulties to see other players in free ride.
We’d like to inform you that this bug has been partially fixed for the Open Beta and here is the workaround.
Free Ride issue: When coming out of a Mission, some players may find themselves alone in freeride.
Workaround:
◾ Going in and out of a “Car Tuner” or the “HQ”.
◾ Teleport to a friend.
◾ Group with friend.

Note that this bug will be entirely fixed for the launch

They say "difficulties to see other players", but it looks like they mean being with other players in a server.

I experienced a glitch a few times where I literally couldn't see another player. We could see each-other's names driving next to us but the cars were invisible.

I suggest playing the beta first because a lot of people are saying that it sucks. Also, the game will have a review embargo and we all know what happened with Assassins Creed: Unity.

I played the second beta on PC, the one of this summer, and I found it quite entertaining. Played in hardcore mode with a DFGT.

I suggest playing the beta first because a lot of people are saying that it sucks. Also, the game will have a review embargo and we all know what happened with Assassins Creed: Unity.
The embargo is due to the game being an MMO that relies heavily on the servers for it's functionality. Without them being available prior to launch, there's no way to review the game before it is released.

Not sure why people don't understand this.

Got the game with the voucher that came with my GTX970, preloading is available starting from now, oooh yeah baby, looking forward to this! :cheers:

The embargo is due to the game being an MMO that relies heavily on the servers for it's functionality. Without them being available prior to launch, there's no way to review the game before it is released.

Not sure why people don't understand this.
Probably due to how glitchy and buggy Assassins Creed: Unity was and how that got a review embargo. When I first found out about the embargo, I didn't realize about the servers needing to be up first. Either way the beta got negative feedback from most people who played it.

Probably due to how glitchy and buggy Assassins Creed: Unity was and how that got a review embargo. When I first found out about the embargo, I didn't realize about the servers needing to be up first. Either way the beta got negative feedback from most people who played it.

I thought the opposite. Thought most liked it. Like many here on this forum i can't wait until 12/2/14 , The second beta was much better. I believe most flaws will be fixed by launch.

Is the voucher a steam code or anything else?
The voucher was an nVidia thing for one out of three games: AC:U, FC4 and The Crew. After claiming it with nVidia this results in a UPlay code for the game you chose.

The CREW releases tomorrow! I get mine at XMAS and am so excited! I just missed the last beta. Found out about it the day before it ended, had my code from the first PS4 beta but I couldn't download it in time :banghead:

I'll be picking this up tomorrow, should be a good time tomorrow night after work!

Sucks for me...I won't be buying this tomorrow. That doesn't mean I'll never play it, though...I will be getting this soon.

As for reviews, I was thinking someone could do a bait-and-switch at the beginning, and pretend to review the 2000 movie "The Crew". Here's the trailer for that movie:

...I'm sure that I'm the only one who thinks this movie is garbage compared to the game, especially when it looks like it was made in 1993.

Wait a minute, there's also a 2008 British action thriller...under the same name.

Did anyone know those movies existed until I just now told you?

I don't know about beta but release version, Ubisoft say, runs at 60FPS and at 1080P on PS4
60 fps is for the PC version. Console versions are 1080p @ 30 fps.

Hopefully it won't have frame rate issues like Assassins Creed: Unity but the beta got a lot of negative feedback from the people who played it.

I got a Shelby GT500 for my pre-order but where to I get the car? I entered the code in PSN and that worked but I haven't seen anything pop up in the game yet about the car.

I got a Shelby GT500 for my pre-order but where to I get the car? I entered the code in PSN and that worked but I haven't seen anything pop up in the game yet about the car.

Have you completed the prologue yet? Would assume it becomes available when you buy your first car

All I can say guys is this: DON'T BUY THIS GAME ON 360! Not because of graphics but because of the fact that a) if you don't have an HDTV, the in-game text is pretty much illegible unless you have the vision of about 10 hawks and b) no cockpit view. That pissed me off BIG TIME! Sending it back to Amazon today. Plus game kept freezing and crashing whenever went in and out of map mode. Shame because the concept seems really good. Will just have to wait to buy a PS4 and One and an HDTV in the next few years when the price drops.

Have you completed the prologue yet? Would assume it becomes available when you buy your first car

Yeah done all that nearly finished the whole mid west and it still hasn't given me it.

EDIT: I checked the Ubisoft forum and it is a known issue with the PS4 version.

Last edited:
Runs super smooth on my PC.👍 Still learning the ropes, but liking it so far. Seems pretty stable, only gripe I have is that the engine sound is too low, which required me to fiddle with the sound settings. But I guess that will be fixed. Other than that no issues.

I hope GameStop has my pre order ready, I preordered it yesterday (was too lazy to go months earlier) but unfortunately I'll probably have to wait a few days D:

Back