The Crew: Wild Run Edition

Yes that's why I said I have 8 cars in my previous reply. I started with the Challenger and if you include the pre-order cars, you technically get 6 cars because they give you a Full stock car and Street tuned version for each car. I drove all the pre-order cars last night. X1 version.
The problem is that my pre order cars don't show up, I have a PS4 version. My car collection in the game only has 2 cars, the stock challenger and the street challenger.

The problem is that my pre order cars don't show up, I have a PS4 version. My car collection in the game only has 2 cars, the stock challenger and the street challenger.
Did you try turning it off then back on again? jk Sorry, bad joke people use way too often. Honestly the first time I ever used that bad joke.

Did you try re-entering the code? When you first started the game did you get the message stating your cars would be available after you completed the prologue?

Of the bonus cars, I drove only the 2 pre-order Gold bonus cars (Ferrari 458 Speciale and McLaren MP4-12C) and the BMW Z4 Sdrive35is with special Tuning kit from regular pre-order.

I am lv32 now and just arrived at Las Vegas, have to do the first true Raid mission with my starter car (Chevy Camaro). No more crashes today after in 2 sessions of 1h30m each.
I repeat, I really like it.

I got to be quite honest, this game feels a lot like most of the recent Need For Speed games so much that you could argue they ripped off the NFS series. That being said, I'm actually ok with it because unlike the recent NFS games, The Crew actually has support for a wheel and pedals which really irritated me about the most recent NFS games. The Crew feels great with a wheel and pedals so for those of you that aren't playing it that way, you're really missing out.

I am simply stunned at how smooth this launch was, I was expecting random freezes, crashes but nope, this MMO played flawlessly for the most part it was almost perfect. I did have the Traffic bug about 20 mins before I shut it off last night where the traffic cars freeze in place, I did a quick reboot and it was gone.

I had a good time crewing up with Camaroboy69 and DG, this game is fun by yourself but even more fun with friends, especially the takedown missions and the Getaway mission, they are a little bit easier with Co-op. In the getaway mission, Camaroboy69 was being chased by police while DG and I were assigned to protect him. I remember Camaro side-swiping the last patrol car and rammed it into a house, then I speared headed the car, a complete T-bone with a touch of Nitrous and completely disabled the vehicle, it was awesome.

The last thing I did was make it to level 10, I unlocked dirt spec and took a plane to NY to get my 370Z dirt ready. I would have drove there but I was out of time and needed to go to bed..

It's a PS4 issue I believe I didn't get my Shelby GT500 but I haven't checked if its fixed yet (just got back from work).

OK only have a few gripes with game so far.
1) The police cars seems to be able to push my car around like its made of paper and I don't know how well them Crown Vics are tuned but they seem to be able to keep up pretty well. They can even give my GT-R that's over 200 points a run for its money.

2) How the 🤬 can a gang get hold of a helicopter to use in chases? I don't know but I'm sure there is some rule about civilian helicopters that means this thing shouldn't be able to go where it wants to follow me.

Apart from that very happy with the game played about 5 or 6 hours yesterday with not 1 DC. Got 1 picture of the glitch that happened 15 minutes into the game then not much else went wrong.

10484106_10203200372073884_2662531935756492029_o.jpg

I am simply stunned at how smooth this launch was, I was expecting random freezes, crashes but nope, this MMO played flawlessly for the most part it was almost perfect. I did have the Traffic bug about 20 mins before I shut it off last night where the traffic cars freeze in place, I did a quick reboot and it was gone.

I had a good time crewing up with Camaroboy69 and DG, this game is fun by yourself but even more fun with friends, especially the takedown missions and the Getaway mission, they are a little bit easier with Co-op. In the getaway mission, Camaroboy69 was being chased by police while DG and I were assigned to protect him. I remember Camaro side-swiping the last patrol car and rammed it into a house, then I speared headed the car, a complete T-bone with a touch of Nitrous and completely disabled the vehicle, it was awesome.

The last thing I did was make it to level 10, I unlocked dirt spec and took a plane to NY to get my 370Z dirt ready. I would have drove there but I was out of time and needed to go to bed..
Yes that was an absolute blast last night. Stayed up later than I should have but I have a feeling that's going to happen more often for quite a while. :lol:

Also anyone that has played the Crew or Minecraft will appreciate this. I guess it took 9 months to make.

Yes that was an absolute blast last night. Stayed up later than I should have but I have a feeling that's going to happen more often for quite a while. :lol:

Also anyone that has played the Crew or Minecraft will appreciate this. I guess it took 9 months to make.

Haha, that is great. :lol: Great video you found, Camaro. 👍

I've been quite interested in this game, since I'm considering this as one of my first purchases when I eventually change consoles. What would the current players have to say about this game? Any major issues? Does it have annoying flaws? I'd like to hear your input on this.

It's a PS4 issue I believe I didn't get my Shelby GT500 but I haven't checked if its fixed yet (just got back from work).

OK only have a few gripes with game so far.
1) The police cars seems to be able to push my car around like its made of paper and I don't know how well them Crown Vics are tuned but they seem to be able to keep up pretty well. They can even give my GT-R that's over 200 points a run for its money.

2) How the 🤬 can a gang get hold of a helicopter to use in chases? I don't know but I'm sure there is some rule about civilian helicopters that means this thing shouldn't be able to go where it wants to follow me.

Apart from that very happy with the game played about 5 or 6 hours yesterday with not 1 DC. Got 1 picture of the glitch that happened 15 minutes into the game then not much else went wrong.

The PS4 preorder car bonus issue should be fixed by this afternoon. They are also looking at rebalancing the police car specs based on the feedback they have been receiving from the community.

That was awesome! Rumor has it that I might be getting Minecraft on Christmas.

Haha, that is great. :lol: Great video you found, Camaro. 👍

I've been quite interested in this game, since I'm considering this as one of my first purchases when I eventually change consoles. What would the current players have to say about this game? Any major issues? Does it have annoying flaws? I'd like to hear your input on this.
Ty my friend DG found that video and sent it to me. That's an insane amount of work.

As we have said, The Crew truly is an amazing game. Shocked how well it works online with friends. Just keep in mind when you start the game the handling is rough because you and your cars RPG specs will be very low. The more you level up, the better the cars handle. That's critical to remember.

The PS4 preorder car bonus issue should be fixed by this afternoon. They are also looking at rebalancing the police car specs based on the feedback they have been receiving from the community.

That was awesome! Rumor has it that I might be getting Minecraft on Christmas.
You are going to love MC. Pretty much every person I know plays MC and its even a great game your kids can enjoy. A warning, MC is insanely addictive especially since you are a very artistic and creative person.

Just wondering if anyone knows if separate wheel, pedals and shifters are supported on the PC version? Don't want to make the mistake of buying another game that doesn't support it.

What exactly does everyone mean when they say the handling "gets better" as you level up?

More responsive?
More grip?
More realistic/intuitive?
Less central axis-y?

What exactly does everyone mean when they say the handling "gets better" as you level up?

More responsive?
More grip?
Less central axis-y?
Well you get better parts as you upgrade your car.

More responsive?
More grip?
Less central axis-y?
Yes to every question. EVERYTHING improves the more you play.

You and your cars have a full RPG set of statistics. When you start, you and every vehicle are basically at 0. Every time yourself and your car level up you get to increase driving perks, and performance parts. Its just like an RPG shooter or RPG hack and slash games. When you start you have nothing. As you level up, you constantly improve everything. The Crew is the exact same way. I cant think of any other car game that has a similar RPG leveling up system. I think this might be the first RPG console racer but I am not certain.

Can someone provide me with a quick rundown of what the purpose of this game actually is or what you do? Looks nice, but the trailers I've seen don't really provide much context.

I got to be quite honest, this game feels a lot like most of the recent Need For Speed games so much that you could argue they ripped off the NFS series. That being said, I'm actually ok with it because unlike the recent NFS games, The Crew actually has support for a wheel and pedals which really irritated me about the most recent NFS games. The Crew feels great with a wheel and pedals so for those of you that aren't playing it that way, you're really missing out.

I thought the same thing. My first thought was that it was almost a carbon copy of Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit. Feels very arcadey even more so than PGR and Grid.

Just wondering if anyone knows if separate wheel, pedals and shifters are supported on the PC version? Don't want to make the mistake of buying another game that doesn't support it.

I'm able to use a Thrustmaster TX, TH8A shifter and pedals but the clutch pedal isn't recognized and won't map to it.

So does always online mean i have to have xbox live gold just to play? OR just be connected to wifi?
I don't think there is PS plus and xbox live gold for this game, but PC don't need it because it just connect to wifi for co-op missions and free roam.

So anyone with the PS4 and Thrustmaster T500 + Shifter able to use it properly?

I can't even steer it takes 2 turns of the wheel for the car to even more in the intended direction, its like the game doesn't know the T500 has 1080 rotation, and it hasnt changed it for the game... Even playing with the steering linearity and deadzone settings in the game doesnt do anything.

My shifter doesn work either, after choosing H gate in the menu, and the clutch options are all grayed out. WTF, even Driveclub wasnt this bad.

I managed to play for like 10 minutes today. It was my 1st experience with the game.

Definitely found it a bit NFSish. Not entirely a bad thing with it being an arcade racer.

I'm really looking forward to exploring this map and going from city to city. My hope is that if they plan on making this game a series, is that they keep reshaping and adding more detail to the current map to make it more and more like the actual map of the USA, rather than changing locations.

What Hardcore mode T300RS wheel settings in The Crew do you guys believe gives the most realistic handling? Oh, playing on PS4 by the way.

I'm able to use a Thrustmaster TX, TH8A shifter and pedals but the clutch pedal isn't recognized and won't map to it.
What I really need to know is if pedals not connected to the wheel are recognized. I bought wreckfest and my CSW and TH8 work, but my G27 pedals aren't recognized. Thanks for the reply, good to know the shifter works, but with no pedals its kind of a worthless game for me and a waste of money in the case of wreckfest.

What I really need to know is if pedals not connected to the wheel are recognized. I bought wreckfest and my CSW and TH8 work, but my G27 pedals aren't recognized. Thanks for the reply, good to know the shifter works, but with no pedals its kind of a worthless game for me and a waste of money in the case of wreckfest.

I figured you might have been asking that. I can check it later today since I'm using a set of CSR Elite pedals with a CPX adapter. I'll just plug them directly into the PC and see.

What Hardcore mode T300RS wheel settings in The Crew do you guys believe gives the most realistic handling? Oh, playing on PS4 by the way.

I won't have the full game until Christmas. I can't remember exactly what I used in the beta but it felt pretty good for an arcade game.

I used a T300RS with T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter. The clutch implementation was excellent. Can't remember whether I changed any in game clutch setting (if there is one).

Steering Sensitivity to max.
Nearly all other wheel or normal controls seemed best at either minimum or maximum.

The normal control settings definitely had an impact. I can't remember the setting names but trial and error soon got a pretty good feel. My experience was from the PS4 beta before the last one so things may have changed.

Don't expect SIM like handling but it certainly was engaging and felt semi realistic with no lag once configured. I liked the resistance/ffb which I think was configurable.

Back