The definitive GT5 transmission tuning guide.

Ahh "Pulls away from Grenade" JUST like in the video ;) You did see it then ;) I never calculated shift points, said it from the start. Does fine when shifting right doesn't it.
With the shortest final drive yes, but that one doesn't even come close to your claimed 170mph top speed. If you used that one to create your videos while at the same time saying you have superior top speed to grenadeshark then that's disingenuous at best.

There we go. Somebody else is getting my results. At least close.
Not really. grenadeshark gets up to speed quicker, you reach a slightly higher top speed. Overall you're both almost equal (I'm talking about the top speed FD setup here) and CSL beats you both.

From a stop, I win every time without fail. It drops actually to 2400rpm NOT 2700rpm as seen in the video proof. Acceleration is SLOW in comparison to when My gears launch, as seen in the videos...
My rpm drops to 2700rpm at the start of SSR7. Stop jumping at peoples' throats just because you get slightly different results. You tested at another track and you where driving around a bit before, maybe your tires where warmer, maybe the surface is different, etc etc. Stop taking everything as a personal attack and think before you speak.

The standing start tests I did where 0-100kph at the start of SSR7. I launched when the timer hit 10s and paused when I hit 100. CSL got there in 5.31 seconds, your 3 tunes got there in 5.266/5.216, 5.233/5.200, 5.333/5.283 (short, middle, long FD, burnout/feathering throttle). At most, you got a 1 tenth advantage to 100 (~2m) and as I've already said before CSL then has a huge gain over you from there - half a second faster to 160mph.

yanaran
With the shortest final drive yes, but that one doesn't even come close to your claimed 170mph top speed. If you used that one to create your videos while at the same time saying you have superior top speed to grenadeshark then that's disingenuous at best.

NO! With both 3.967 & 3.492 AS I already said, ;) I also stated with 4.441 he could catch up and not only that pass me. ;)

I am willing to remake the videos and show me go from tuner screen to track displaying throttle input at shift point as in the first videos ;) when CSL and I are side by side (my 3.967 FD, we both hit 164mph at turn one :D

yanaran
Not really. grenadeshark gets up to speed quicker, you reach a slightly higher top speed. Overall you're both almost equal (I'm talking about the top speed FD setup here) and CSL beats you both.

Never I'm my test, again, I'll do vids to prove it again, going from tuning menu to track. Want to make one where it doesn't?

yanaran
My rpm drops to 2700rpm at the start of SSR7. Stop jumping at peoples' throats just because you get slightly different results. You tested at another track and you where driving around a bit before, maybe your tires where warmer, maybe the surface is different, etc etc. Stop taking everything as a personal attack and think before you speak.

Watch the video does it happen differently to what you see? Prove it, as I have, or are you disputing what was proven in the video?

yanaran
The standing start tests I did where 0-100kph at the start of SSR7. I launched when the timer hit 10s and paused when I hit 100. CSL got there in 5.31 seconds, your 3 tunes got there in 5.266/5.216, 5.233/5.200, 5.333/5.283 (short, middle, long FD, burnout/feathering throttle). At most, you got a 1 tenth advantage to 100 (~2m)

I don't see that at all, again displayed in the video going from tuning menu to track. I see it drop to 2400rpm and if the difference in acceleration is not CLEAR then it doesn't matter your mind is locked.

I can make a vid of myself and CSLs Runs, show us both hitting the same marks and 164mph, would it matter? I doubt it at this point....

If you see anything different in your testing, Prove It, as I have been FORCED to prove what I say, it's time to prove it's different....

It seems only I have to prove what I say occurs, when I do, it's disputed. I guess it doesn't matter, none blinder then those who refuse to see.

Any word on a useable FD for a Track???? if you guys are Staying at SSR7, see yah. I'm done there, proved everything I had to wether you accept it or not.

I'm at Nurb GP/F running 2:17.0 looking for a better FD for this Track, I want to go faster then 2:17.0.

I'll make a video of my Lap :D

Last edited:
I don't need to prove anything, I tested your tunes, you could be grateful for the data or ignore it and shut up.

grenadeshark gets to 160mph faster than you (36.2s vs 36.5) and you reach 1 kph higher top speed. With 3.967 & 3.492 final drive his ghost is ahead all the way to turn 1. Overall I'd say you're equal, I wouldn't use either of your tunes but if I had to chose it'd be a wash.

When it comes to standing starts, you see the rpm drop and automatically assume that it bogs down and is slow. I'm sure if you test it yourself at the start of SSR7 your rpm will drop to 2700 aswell, and if I were to test at nurn mine would drop to 2400. But I'm not going to cause it doesn't interest me what rpm the engine drops to. When I "drage race" he loses *at most* 1 tenth to your best tune if I feather the throttle, and less if I light up the tires.

I just now did an alternative test like this:

SSR7, brake immediately. Launch at 10s. Pause after passing the start. Note the total time, subtract 10s and subtract the lap time. Ex: total time 25.610, lap time 1.000, start at 10.000, 25.610-1.000-10.000 = 14.610s. Closest thing I can think of to a "proper" distance drag.

Your middle FD: 13.750s full throttle, 13.700s feather.
Your long FD: 13.776s full, 13.733s feather
CSL: 13.800s

Again, best case less than 1 tenth. Hardly "dominating", especially considering you're half a second slower to 160mph and that both reaction time and shift points can swing it by that much.

Yup, just what I thought.... I'll make this clear for YOU. I don't believe you. You say it bogs to 2700rpm I prove it bogs to 2400rpm, you dispute it, well I just don't believe anything from you, refusing to show your claim as I've shown mine. BS :D

Soo any word back on a FD for Nurb GP/F yet? I'm hitting 2:17.0 and am forced into first gear 5 times when I don't have to be. I think being forced into first gear HURTS the performance on the Track (where it counts) Nurb GP/F is perfect to show my point with 5 corners forcing a useless first gear shift that hurts the lap time and doesn't help it....

I don't need to prove anything, I tested your tunes, you could be grateful for the data or ignore it and shut up.

grenadeshark gets to 160mph faster than you (36.2s vs 36.5) and you reach 1 kph higher top speed. With 3.967 & 3.492 final drive his ghost is ahead all the way to turn 1. Overall I'd say you're equal, I wouldn't use either of your tunes but if I had to chose it'd be a wash.

When it comes to standing starts, you see the rpm drop and automatically assume that it bogs down and is slow. I'm sure if you test it yourself at the start of SSR7 your rpm will drop to 2700 aswell, and if I were to test at nurn mine would drop to 2400. But I'm not going to cause it doesn't interest me what rpm the engine drops to. When I "drage race" he loses *at most* 1 tenth to your best tune if I feather the throttle, and less if I light up the tires.

I just now did an alternative test like this:

SSR7, brake immediately. Launch at 10s. Pause after passing the start. Note the total time, subtract 10s and subtract the lap time. Ex: total time 25.610, lap time 1.000, start at 10.000, 25.610-1.000-10.000 = 14.610s. Closest thing I can think of to a "proper" distance drag.

Your middle FD: 13.750s full throttle, 13.700s feather.
Your long FD: 13.776s full, 13.733s feather
CSL: 13.800s

Again, best case less than 1 tenth. Hardly "dominating", especially considering you're half a second slower to 160mph and that both reaction time and shift points can swing it by that much.

You can't argue with assassin. CSL seems level headed, So do you. Assassin is on another planet where his opinions are the word of god and anything he experiences is what everyone else experiences.

@assassin. Online physics are so different that you can setup a car that runs great offline and it will be compete rubbish online. The difference IS that big.

Thanks for testing yanaran. Although I didn't come up with the fastest car, I can be happy that the methods I am describing in my post can be used to create CSLs car perfectly. When I went with his shift points and new RPMs and inputed them using my methods, I got the exact same results as him albeit with a slightly different numbered gearset. But, results wise it is the exact same.My problem was I overestimated the effects of gearing and tried to work on too broad of a RPM base.

When I dragged raced the cars, I came up with the exact same results as you. He doesn't understand the difference between acceleration and just lighting up the tires. He associates red tires and RPM bouncing to quickest acceleration. In reality, the quickest acceleration comes from just getting the tires into the red a tiny bit.

Proving my point, here is my gearset that is idential to CSL that I could have come up with using my method had I gotten the RPM drop and shift points correct.

Last edited:
Here is the video of my Lap. Still waiting on a better FD to use from CSLARC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXpgqHzflYo

Play CLOSE attention to the slow speed and long first gear force me to use first gear in 5 corners I should be going no lower than 2nd...

I think this is slowing me down. There are many points where it's hurting the lap. Even downshifting doesn't help braking as it normally does with a normal first gear. So it's hurting braking and acceleration out of corners all over the track... I don't see it being helpful in ANY way at all....

How on earth you guys who love that tranny trick (o_O) can think this long ass first gear is at all beneficial around a Track boggles my mind, Funny as it may be...

Last edited:
Not trying to start anything here. This thread was good but is rapidly degenerating.
What needs to be done here is this.
An outside set of testers need to run yhese setups and post their results.
Having a tuner test his own cars against other tuners cars leaves a lot of room for driving biased from car to car.

I am not saying this is whats happening here or knockin anyones credibility. You guys all kick my ass in the tuni g department.

Id offer up but do not think i am consistent enough to get fair results.

In short.
Competitors should not be able to judge their own competition.

Caz
Not trying to start anything here. This thread was good but is rapidly degenerating.
What needs to be done here is this.
An outside set of testers need to run yhese setups and post their results.
Having a tuner test his own cars against other tuners cars leaves a lot of room for driving biased from car to car.

I am not saying this is whats happening here or knockin anyones credibility. You guys all kick my ass in the tuni g department.

Id offer up but do not think i am consistent enough to get fair results.

In short.
Competitors should not be able to judge their own competition.

Funny how this turned into a competition...

I'm fine with that. PLEASE anybody show me a Lap at the Nurb GP/F where CSL's long first gear and being forced to use it is beneficial.

I'm at 2:17.0 you see my Lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXpgqHzflYo

you see how I'm taking the corners, you see everything you need. I'd like a better FD to make attempts to beat 2:17.0 however with NOBODY else posting times with it, I don't know if it can go further on it's current FD, I've gone as good as It will go for me, until I see it do better. Raising the FD would only Prove my point, I'm ONLY running my 3.967 FD at the Track. I think the car is capable of much better if not forced to use first so often. Am I wrong?!?!? Okay, How so, not theoretically, actually?...

I see this type of tuning to make less of a negative impact the faster the Track is, the more slower speed corners forcing a 1st gear grab the slower this type of set up will be. First is being RAPED for what reason exactly? The only validation was that it would be beneficial in these slow corners, I see the exact opposite....

Last edited:
Yup, just what I thought.... I'll make this clear for YOU. I don't believe you. You say it bogs to 2700rpm I prove it bogs to 2400rpm, you dispute it, well I just don't believe anything from you, refusing to show your claim as I've shown mine. BS :D

Soo any word back on a FD for Nurb GP/F yet? I'm hitting 2:17.0 and am forced into first gear 5 times when I don't have to be. I think being forced into first gear HURTS the performance on the Track (where it counts) Nurb GP/F is perfect to show my point with 5 corners forcing a useless first gear shift that hurts the lap time and doesn't help it....
What is the motive? Why is it worth Yanaran's time to come in here and lie to you? No motive no crime, as they say.
Not everyone wants to make a bunch of youtube videos, and some of us can't, just as you can't sign online, you should be first to understand such things.
Back to everything I said about driver error, you might have noticed Yanaran and I are very very close in terms of driver speed/skill, and I'm not really sure who is even "faster", it seems any given week wither of us can best the other.

I will give you a Nurb/GP D Final drive when I get the time, I was busy last night and will be for a couple hours yet. This will end the stop start problems, no matter how minor or major.

you see how I'm taking the corners, you see everything you need. I'd like a better FD to make attempts to beat 2:17.0 however with NOBODY else posting times with it, I don't know if it can go further on it's current FD, I've gone as good as It will go for me, until I see it do better. Raising the FD would only Prove my point, I'm ONLY running my 3.967 FD at the Track. I think the car is capable of much better if not forced to use first so often. Am I wrong?!?!? Okay, How so, not theoretically, actually?...

I see this type of tuning to make less of a negative impact the faster the Track is, the more slower speed corners forcing a 1st gear grab the slower this type of set up will be. First is being RAPED for what reason exactly? The only validation was that it would be beneficial in these slow corners, I see the exact opposite....
I just watched your video, a couple things to say.
1. You're shifting at 7,000 rpm.
2. The first gear is working fantastically, you're getting wheelspin, which means it has enough power.

After seeing your video I'm questioning whether a quicker final drive will even help.
My camera records at 720p, so I will try to get a video of a lap properly run with the gears, I don't know yet, the sd video I shot last night was un-viewable, so we'll see how it goes.
"I ain't got no effin tripod" as they say. :D

Last edited:
BTW I was waiting till a little further to blow the door off the SSR7 run. What I had not anticipated before running this is probably causing the biggest impact. The gear & rpm your in at the rolling start ;) this is how the Tranny trick Tunes are doing well. Just run the gears and look at your gear at the start. From a stop I dominate, from a roll, equal speed but each at a good launch rpm, in the proper gear and rpm I take it home on some runs you on the other, too close to call or even matter. Unfortunately, that's me ACTUALLY testing and not just trying to prove my point, y'all can test it but it doesn't really matter what happens at SSR7, it matters how it takes corners, touching on my ORIGINAL point, stretched first gear hurts, it don't help ,)

To be straight up, Grenades original Gears should do better on the Track then CSL, he's not raping first nearly as much. He won't be forced into it as much and despite being a lil slower at SSR7 it will be faster around a track with turns.

Last edited:
BTW I was waiting till a little further to blow the door off the SSR7 run. What I had not anticipated before running this is probably causing the biggest impact. The gear & rpm your in at the rolling start ;) this is how the Tranny trick Tunes are doing well. Just run the gears and look at your gear at the start. From a stop I dominate, from a roll, equal speed but each at a good launch rpm, in the proper gear and rpm I take it home on some runs you on the other, too close to call or even matter. Unfortunately, that's me ACTUALLY testing and not just trying to prove my point, y'all can test it but it doesn't really matter what happens at SSR7, it matters how it takes corners, touching on my ORIGINAL point, stretched first gear hurts, it don't help ,)
If you were anticipating discrediting the SSR7 test, why did you ask me for gears for it?
I improved both the gears and shift points to make a car that ran SSR7 well, without compromising other tracks drive-ability with a different final drive.

Of course I can change the FD to make it so you use second gear through slower corners, but that won't change much if anything in track times.
Don't matter whether it's first or second gear, still moves the same when it totals the same.

If you were anticipating discrediting the SSR7 test, why did you ask me for gears for it?
I improved both the gears and shift points to make a car that ran SSR7 well, without compromising other tracks drive-ability with a different final drive.

Of course I can change the FD to make it so you use second gear through slower corners, but that won't change much if anything in track times.
Don't matter whether it's first or second gear, still moves the same when it totals the same.

GL with him. I'm done :)

CSLACR
I just watched your video, a couple things to say.
1. You're shifting at 7,000 rpm.
2. The first gear is working fantastically, you're getting wheelspin, which means it has enough power.

Yeah once or twice (do you think I intentionally was sandbagging?) eyes on road and sometime you have to hold off a shift for a corner etc, you know this..

CSLACR
After seeing your video I'm questioning whether a quicker final drive will even help.

I see the exact opposite, I see it has issues and it lags out of corners.

I'm not at GP/D I'm at GP/F ;)

CSLACR

You obviously didn't read back enough, we are doing track Tunes, SSR7 just has a long enough straight to compare Track tunes before going to a Track. Tunning for SSR7 is pointless.

CSLACR

IMO you are wrong.

I don't get your obsession with videos, as CSL said why would I lie about what rpm the engine drops to? Go try it yourself on SSR7, it probably just drops less there because the Nurb track has slightly better grip (day/night, different asphalt, whatever).

Anyway I watched your video and don't really see anywhere you're "hurt" by his 1st. There's good power all the way from 5000rpm and you don't drop much lower than that at any point on this track.. I don't know if it's optimal or not, but there's no real difference using 1st-5th compared to using 2nd-6th. In both cases you're using 5 gears.

I tried a few laps and although I'm not exactly at home on that track I didn't feel hampered by the first gear, it actually seemed to work quite nice in the first hairpin, the left/right combo shortly after (turn 3-4) aswell as exiting the chicane at the end. I recorded a replay for you with my camera so the quality is complete crap but since you only want videos have at it:

Considering how many apexes I miss I could probably cut at least another second, and a better driver might get below 2'10. Still I have no reason to think I'm hurt by his 1st.

5 seconds?? Something's off. Your car (I know your displaying klm/h) is accelerating MUCH faster then mine when using his gears. Not to mention your front end is jacked up (using some tuning tricks to get more speed) I went Default as CSL joined in as specified he was on default (as I said) But I doubt your jacked front end alone gets you that much better acceleration.

I also doubt this is because I'm on 1.06 and not 1.10 these variations are too far apart, something is off...

I wi do everything I can to get close to that time with CSLs gears but 5 seconds doesn't seems right...

And it's those 5 seconds gone that can play a big factor in what gears people want also.

AssasinTuner
Yeah once or twice (do you think I intentionally was sandbagging?) eyes on road and sometime you have to hold off a shift for a corner etc, you know this..
Nobody would blame me if I were at this point, since you've accused everyone else of it, but no, I'm saying what you did.
It's another part of the driver error portion.

5 seconds?? Something's off. Your car (I know your displaying klm/h) is accelerating MUCH faster then mine when using his gears. Not to mention your front end is jacked up (using some tuning tricks to get more speed) I went Default as CSL joined in as specified he was on default (as I said) But I doubt your jacked front end alone gets you that much better acceleration.

I also doubt this is because I'm on 1.06 and not 1.10 these variations are too far apart, something is off...
And back to this.
Every time something hints at not agreeing with you, you're saying it's invalid.Grenade started this way, though he backed off with it much sooner.

I haven't.

I've shown what I say to be true when Told I'm the only one it happens too.

I'm repeatedly told I'm the only one experiencing the bogging launch and personally my opinion of a Bad First Gear. Frustrating to have to show everything I say or it's disregarded. It seems when the testing is on the other side it's taken as face but when I don't see it, and show it to be different, I'm in the wrong and just need to accept it... You guys can say I'm being one sided, I could say the same about the People simply defending the tranny trick ;) That's the "motive".

Are they going to run a lap with My set or is it one sided from the "independent" Buddy?

Last edited:

I wi do everything I can to get close to that time with CSLs gears but 5 seconds doesn't seems right...
*shrug* It's the settings I had on the car since I last used it (some volvo seasonal long ago). Higher front helps against understeer that plagues pretty much all FF cars so I always run it, it has no relevance to the gear ratios. I'm getting more speed cause I hit better corner exits, but that's just down to practice. I don't think I'm accelerating much faster outside of using better shift points (you rev too high).

yanaran
*shrug* It's the settings I had on the car since I last used it (some volvo seasonal long ago). Higher front helps against understeer that plagues pretty much all FF cars so I always run it, it has no relevance to the gear ratios. I'm getting more speed cause I hit better corner exits, but that's just down to practice. I don't think I'm accelerating much faster outside of using better shift points (you rev too high).

Okay, run my Gears... Shift where you think it's best for the gears and track. 3.967FD. Let's see that lap, keep your Tune on it.

Fine, but it's not going to be any different and I'm not at home enough on this track to run laps consistent enough to tell if it's the gears or my lines. Which FD do you want me to use?

yanaran
Fine, but it's not going to be any different and I'm not at home enough on this track to run laps consistent enough to tell if it's the gears or my lines. Which FD do you want me to use?

You should not have to drop to first nearly as often. Acceleration is better in second. You hit 5 seconds faster than I already, most I attribute to skill over Tune, default settings are a lil soft though, but you should be able to show how one less shift 5 times across the Track relays into a lap time. For me it cuts close to 2 seconds effortlessly with a DS3 and my DFGT unplugged.

Last edited:
2'12.593
Basically photo finish, you only lost cause I went a little wide in the final turn. I never used 1st gear, it just spins in turn 1 and the rest of the turns are all fast enough that there's no gain to downshift into it. Your 2nd is almost identical to CSL's 1st (shift at 110 instead of 105 kph) so driving your gears is almost exactly the same except 1 gear higher at all times.

edit: Managed a 2'12.486 after a few more tries so maybe now you can be happy with my tests? You pull away on the start/finish straight because shifting up at 110 gives a better exit than shifting at 105 with CSLs tune (Optimal would probably be a 2nd gear that shifts at 115-120). CSLs gears pull away on the back straight due to his 2nd getting a better exit than your 3rd on the righthander before the long "straight". Everything in between is give and take, with nothing really different enough to compare with the difference in actual *driving* from lap to lap. I'd have to run 100s of laps to be able to tell for sure which is faster and I have no interest in that

Last edited:
I haven't.

I've shown what I say to be true when Told I'm the only one it happens too.

I'm repeatedly told I'm the only one experiencing the bogging launch and personally my opinion of a Bad First Gear. Frustrating to have to show everything I say or it's disregarded. It seems when the testing is on the other side it's taken as face but when I don't see it, and show it to be different, I'm in the wrong and just need to accept it... You guys can say I'm being one sided, I could say the same about the People simply defending the tranny trick ;) That's the "motive".

Are they going to run a lap with My set or is it one sided from the "independent" Buddy?
I do believe you are mistaken when you say you have to "show" everything.
Neither I nor Yanaran has asked you for replay proof, and I've given a lengthy list of reasons why videos still don't "prove" anything so long as people don't trust each other.

Neither Yanaran or myself has ever said you're not doing what you claim, either, all we've done is point out what we've seen, and every time we say what we see you say, "no, my test results prove this impossible".

Your outlook on the matter has to change before you can become happy with the results of any test. You seem to assume we're all out to get you, and I don't think a single one of us is.
I can't speak for GranadeShark, technically I can't speak for Yanaran, though I've seen him back his times up already, but I know I have no reason to lie to you, about any of it.

CSLACR
I do believe you are mistaken when you say you have to "show" everything.
Neither I nor Yanaran has asked you for replay proof, and I've given a lengthy list of reasons why videos still don't "prove" anything so long as people don't trust each other.

Neither Yanaran or myself has ever said you're not doing what you claim, either, all we've done is point out what we've seen, and every time we say what we see you say, "no, my test results prove this impossible".

Your outlook on the matter has to change before you can become happy with the results of any test. You seem to assume we're all out to get you, and I don't think a single one of us is.
I can't speak for GranadeShark, technically I can't speak for Yanaran, though I've seen him back his times up already, but I know I have no reason to lie to you, about any of it.

No you have not, nor has Yanaran. But your not the only ones partaking in this discussion not everything I've said (even most) has been directed at the 2 of you. Both of you 2 have stayed objective, maybe more than I. as I got caught up with Charley "winning" a Bit. For that I apologize.

I'm a little petered that it basically evened out over the length of the Track. Seems interesting to ponder as I would of thought more would be gained from the lower amount of shifts. Thank you for being objective with your Testing and Driving.

Very interesting.

BTW Yanaran, I used a excel spreadsheet calculator to make the gear set. Basically off Specs and a Baseline Pull to top speed with the TS Slider. It has gear adjusters to adjust gears by mph. Changing a gear max speed is as easy as inputting the max speed you want for the gear. This is for catering the gear set to a Track. Like stretching second to 115 - 120.

Last edited:
I use the same amount of shifts with both gearings. I never go to 1st with yours and never to 6th with CSLs. Your 2nd is almost identical to his 1st, your 3rd to his 2nd, and so on. An optimal setup for this track would probably be a 1st that goes about 55 and 2nd that goes 75 at 6500 rpm, with a slightly lower top speed than yours (only went into 6th for a second at the end of the straight).

yanaran
I use the same amount of shifts with both gearings. I never go to 1st with yours and never to 6th with CSLs. Your 2nd is almost identical to his 1st, your 3rd to his 2nd, and so on. An optimal setup for this track would probably be a 1st that goes about 55 and 2nd that goes 75 at 6500 rpm, with a slightly lower top speed than yours (only went into 6th for a second at the end of the straight).

That's VERRY interesting and makes sense. Less shifts into 6th, duh moment.

I can cater the gears to make the speed in each gear at the shift point be exact with the mph adjusters.

I will use the previously posted shift points and make the gears hit those speeds at those points.

What speeds for the rest of the shifts?

I'm think with a proper final drive either of our tunes can be close enough to the other it would be hard to prove any difference.

AssasinTuner
No you have not, nor has Yanaran. But your not the only ones partaking in this discussion not everything I've said (even most) has been directed at the 2 of you. Both of you 2 have stayed objective, maybe more than I. as I got caught up with Charley "winning" a Bit. For that I apologize.

I'm a little petered that it basically evened out over the length of the Track. Seems interesting to ponder as I would of thought more would be gained from the lower amount of shifts. Thank you for being objective with your Testing and Driving.

Very interesting.
An interesting thing I noted with this car is when lowering final drive/sixth gear, is that whether at 6,000 rpm or 6,300 rpm the top speed didn't change at all when I was running it in, even though the graph shows significant loss starting at 5700, even reaching high 160;s at 5700-6000 rpm didn't seem to help.
Odd little car, this one is.

I can cater the gears to make the speed in each gear at the shift point be exact with the mph adjusters.

I will use the previously posted shift points and make the gears hit those speeds at those points.

What speeds for the rest of the shifts?
The shift point is determined by the next gear and the track.
But I'd say if you stay at the 6700 shift mark, you can't lose much, if any.
Sometimes it's better to wring a gear out entering a corner, and sometimes you can short shift to come out of corners faster. I'll be able to give you a play-by-play once I set a final drive for it.

CSLACR
I'm think with a proper final drive either of our tunes can be close enough to the other it would be hard to prove any difference.

An interesting thing I noted with this car is when lowering final drive/sixth gear, is that whether at 6,000 rpm or 6,300 rpm the top speed didn't change at all when I was running it in, even though the graph shows significant loss starting at 5700, even reaching high 160;s at 5700-6000 rpm didn't seem to help.

X2 albeit a lil surprising at first, duh after seeing the results.

I'd like to cater the gears for optimum speed at shift point. I got speeds for 1 and 2, what about the rest?

CSLACR

The shift point is determined by the next gear and the track.
But I'd say if you stay at the 6700 shift mark, you can't lose much, if any.
Sometimes it's better to wring a gear out entering a corner, and sometimes you can short shift to come out of corners faster. I'll be able to give you a play-by-play once I set a final drive for it.

I can gear it to hit those desired speeds at 6700mph & we can see hopefully some improvements, it seems despite the gears on this lil weird car we all got good results from relatively the same shift points.

Back