The Doc's Classic Car Tunes Emporium.

• Thread starter bigmull
  • 201 comments
I look forward to trying this build when the car comes around . I just started playing a month ago but have a very large collection but have yet to see this vehicle. Any idea when the last time it was available for purchase?
I really don’t remember when it came around,sorry.

The quintessential British Sportscar for the discerning Gentleman or Secret Agent, the Aston Martin DB5.You can get at least 4 laps on RH Tyres and 3.5 laps of fuel.It handles well in both dry and wet and easily wins the 700pp Le Mans race.
IMG_0715.jpeg
IMG_0716.jpeg
IMG_0717.jpeg
IMG_0718.jpeg

Really enjoyable this old beauty, thank you
I had it a long time ago nut hadnt tuned it for some reason.I am trying to get better tyre wear,i think having the Supercharger wears out the rear tyres more,but its not competetive without it.

I reviewed the settings for the Jag XK13 as I added new parts from the recent update. I tweaked the gears a bit and the LSD settings. The LSD settings now make it corner better in the corners when braking,it’s more responsive and rotates the car better.I like a high acceleration LSD setting as it allows you to drive the front round when exiting corners.
IMG_0721.jpeg
IMG_0722.jpeg
IMG_0723.jpeg
IMG_0724.jpeg

I reviewed the settings for the Jag XK13 as I added new parts from the recent update. I tweaked the gears a bit and the LSD settings. The LSD settings now make it corner better in the corners when braking,it’s more responsive and rotates the car better.I like a high acceleration LSD setting as it allows you to drive the front round when exiting corners.
View attachment 1262912View attachment 1262913View attachment 1262914View attachment 1262915
Thank you for this beauty

I decided to have a cut off of tuning cars pre 1981 and the Maserati Merak fits the bill . It is a good car and sounds awesome in car.This tune will give you a full race on RH or over 4 laps on RM along with 3.7 laps of fuel.It’s good for just under 180 mph on lean map.
IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0727.jpeg
IMG_0728.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg

Today’s offering is the Dodge Superbee.Despite being the size of a barn door it’s surprisingly nimble,the Fuel consumption isn’t brilliant but you will get just over 3 laps on a tank.Tyres aren’t an issue a set of RM will last the race.It’s a NA engine I did try the Supercharger but fuel use was horrendous with either of them. I also removed the rear Spoiler and Front Splitter with no issues.
IMG_0729.jpeg
IMG_0730.jpeg
IMG_0731.jpeg
IMG_0732.jpeg

Last edited:
I updated the settings for the Shelby Cobra Daytona. It now handles better and the gears have been fiddled with so you get a wee bit better fuel consumption,tires and not a problem as you will be pitting every 3 laps for fuel, but you will have built up a large lead by lap 3 so you don’t lose out.
IMG_0733.jpeg
IMG_0734.jpeg
IMG_0736.jpeg
IMG_0735.jpeg

Hi...What's your reasoning for such high initial torque?
It helps cornering by kind of pushing the front in the right direction and also can stop the rear from breaking loose,a quick blip of the throttle and it straightens it up,It’s kind of hard to explain.

I have updated the Ferrari Berlinetta “61,I fiddled with the gears and improved the acceleration giving a 2 second improvement at Le Mans and a smidgen more fuel economy. I also sorted out the “grounding” issue on some corners which could catch you out and spoil your day.
IMG_0739.jpeg
IMG_0740.jpeg
IMG_0741.jpeg
IMG_0742.jpeg

Going through my tunes now the Extreme Parts have been installed,The Jag D Type had the special hi torque Supercharger added.Oddly enough you get better fuel economy with this rather than the “stock” high torque supercharger. I have improved the tyre wear a bit and tweaked the suspension and LSD a bit. I have noticed that the brake bias is no longer a “set and forget “ setting,but needs some adjustment until the tyres heat up and again as they wear out,I think this is a good thing from the last but one update and adds a bit of realism to the game.
IMG_0745.jpeg
IMG_0746.jpeg
IMG_0747.jpeg
IMG_0744.jpeg

This slipped past me,the Chevy Nova.You don’t have to do much to it as it’s a beast right out the box. The best fuel economy I can get is just over 2 laps on a tank so it also means tyre wear is really irrelevant,that said you can win the 30 minutes Le Mans race you will need to not hammer it for at least a lap or hope it rains. I didn’t use any of the superchargers that you can buy, I just used the one the car comes with,it might be the case you get better mileage with a bought one,I will have a look at it and see if it works.
IMG_0748.jpeg

IMG_0749.jpeg

IMG_0751.jpeg

IMG_0750.jpeg

Last edited:
Whilst it’s not the best looking Ferrari by a long shot, it WILL surprise you. The 500 Mondale Pininfarina is a pocket rocket!You will get over 5 laps of fuel and a set of tyres will last the same(RM) and it will do over 160mph on lean.It will outbrake most modern cars and corners like a go kart despite its age and no aerodynamic package.It’s a hell of a lot of-fun to drive!
IMG_0752.jpeg
IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_0754.jpeg
IMG_0755.jpeg

I have tweaked the Ferrari Mondial.You can now do the 700pp Le Mans race on a set of Racing Soft Tyres,it’s been lowered a bit and the gears are a bit shorter but you will still get 5.5 laps of fuel. I really do like this little car!
IMG_0752.jpeg
IMG_0757.jpeg
IMG_0758.jpeg
IMG_0756.jpeg

Just for a laugh I tuned the Ford Roadster and it was a surprise. It can hit 170 in 3rd gear!Tyres not a problem as you will need to pit for fuel before they wear out.3 laps is possible on a tank.It has the Voodoo 5.1 engine installed.
IMG_0760.jpeg
IMG_0763.jpeg
IMG_0764.jpeg
IMG_0762.jpeg

In my mind this was the last really beautiful looking cars From Ferrari the 365 from 1971.It handles well but can catch you out in the wet. The tank will give you 3.5 laps,tyres therefore are not an issue if you change them when pitting. I tried to keep the car as stock as possible but there are one or two tuning parts, and it is under 700pp.
IMG_0765.jpeg
IMG_0766.jpeg
IMG_0767.jpeg
IMG_0768.jpeg

Seeing as the DB3S reappeared in the Legends Showroom I decided to revisit and take it from the beginning. It still comes under 700pp and both tyres(RH) and fuel last for just over 5.3 laps.This is one of those cars that you need to give it your full attention or your day is ruined.It’s VERY reactive to the camber of the circuit which can catch you out for example if you don’t stay on the right side of the circuit just before the first chicane of Le Mans it will send you off into the kitty litter on the left.Don’t be put off,this is a bloody good car!
IMG_0769.jpeg

IMG_0770.jpeg

IMG_0772.jpeg
IMG_0771.jpeg

I wasn’t expecting this car to be as good as it is.The 58 Corvette handles really well for its age,the only let down is the fuel economy,that said you will get just over 3 laps on a tank,there was very little difference between a NA engine and a low torque supercharger apart from the latters increase in speed which will give you that more of a cushion with pitting.Tyre wear doesn’t matter as you get more than 3 laps on a set of RM.
IMG_0797.jpeg
IMG_0799.jpeg
IMG_0798.jpeg
IMG_0800.jpeg

I wasn’t expecting this car to be as good as it is.The 58 Corvette handles really well for its age,the only let down is the fuel economy,that said you will get just over 3 laps on a tank,there was very little difference between a NA engine and a low torque supercharger apart from the latters increase in speed which will give you that more of a cushion with pitting.Tyre wear doesn’t matter as you get more than 3 laps on a set of RM.View attachment 1278580View attachment 1278582View attachment 1278581View attachment 1278583
Thank you for this tune! I add ballast on the rear and it's great!

Latest Posts

Back