The Formula 1 calendar development threadFormula 1 

Let me shed a single tear, cause I don't really care if they ever return to France for F1. Nothing there was ever memorable...well I take that back. The Vettel and Bourdais, Red Bull/STR demo around the Eiffel Tower was cool.
Agreed, nothing memorable whatsoever.

I have always felt that Magny-Cours was overrated. And I find it strange that, outside Le Mans, France doesn't really have a high-quality circuit, given their motoring industry and role in motorsports.
Dijon, Pau and Ledenon are fine racing circuits for what they are, and Paul Ricard is still a good driver's circuit, if you can get over it being less visually appealing than the local Auchan's car park. Nogaro ain't bad either.

But nowhere F1 can or should go, I could agree with that.

Were you alive during that time? There are many past memorable moments doesn't mean that with the current formula and setting that it wouldn't be like it had been for the decade and more before it was taken off the calender. But if you all you plan to do is cast stones at each corner in these threads...

Also isn't that Dijon, not Magny Cours which is what the comment you quoted was talking about.
Dijon, Pau and Ledenon are fine racing circuits for what they are, and Paul Ricard is still a good driver's circuit, if you can get over it being less visually appealing than the local Auchan's car park. Nogaro ain't bad either.

Well if you agree with us on it then why argue? A simple like will do :sly:

Last edited:

Great video right there, thanks.

You mentioned France in general and cited Red Bull's Paris demo run. I have to defend France and the French people, for if not me, who will?

Someone that isn't you...and no I mentioned in respect to the link meaning Magny Cours sorry if my use of France where it's located meant the entirety of France. Since I also later said I think they've had some proper track some which have even greater historic moments than the one you posted that don't exist anymore sadly.

Also the Paris Demo run was during a GP weekend in none other than..............

Magny Cours.

Someone that isn't you...and no I mentioned in respect to the link meaning Magny Cours sorry if my use of France where it's located meant the entirety of France. Since I also later said I think they've had some proper track some which have even greater historic moments than the one you posted that don't exist anymore sadly.

Also the Paris Demo run was during a GP weekend in none other than..............

Magny Cours.

american track only entered F1 because they paid a lot, since that track is the worse off all the tracks in this year.

If they're the worse off al the tracks in this year (sic), then how come I haven't heard horror stories about them making massive financial losses?

If they're the worse off al the tracks in this year (sic), then how come I haven't heard horror stories about them making massive financial losses?

usa f1 track is the worse that f1 ever had. it's that a problem if i say that?

And the problem rests in what you said before that, which this time around you failed to mention obviously on purpose. Which is they only entered to pay a lot of money, so basically you've summed up every F1 track on the calender which all have seen a price increase of 5 or 10% (@prisonermonkeys would know exactly I don't) in past couple years from the FOM. This includes Sochi, Azerbaijan, Mexico and so on.

Also your reasoning for saying this seems to be of an almost xenophobe nature, because I didn't have anything good to say about a European track. Though ironically I agreed with another user and love Le Mans but context doesn't seem to be your thing.

And the problem rests in what you said before that, which this time around you failed to mention obviously on purpose. Which is they only entered to pay a lot of money, so basically you've summed up every F1 track on the calender which all have seen a price increase of 5 or 10% (@prisonermonkeys would know exactly I don't) in past couple years from the FOM. This includes Sochi, Azerbaijan, Mexico and so on.

Also your reasoning for saying this seems to be of an almost xenophobe nature, because I didn't have anything good to say about a European track. Though ironically I agreed with another user and love Le Mans but context doesn't seem to be your thing.

I was just saying that usa F1 track is sh** and it shouldn't be part of the calendar.

I was just saying that usa F1 track is sh** and it shouldn't be part of the calendar.
I can say loads of stuff, but without justifying them, my statements mean nothing.

You are 166 years old.
The sky fades from Purple to Orange

I just stated my opinion.

You stated it as if it was fact, hence why someone told you to follow the AUP. I know you're new and you think you're special but...none of us are.

How is it so? Compared to other tracks built by Tilke other than the fact it's based in the U.S. which seems to be your hang up.

Aida was also fairly pathetic. As was Fuji, even without the Tilke downgrades, as it sits in the shadow of Mt. Fuji, and is prone to monsoonal showers. And the less said about Phoenix, the better. The modern Kyalami was also dire, if only because it turned a fantastic circuit into a go-kart track.

Valencia, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi regularly top the list of all-time least-favourite circuits, but they have produced some amazing racing in the past.

My only issue with Austin is that it imitates other circuits too much. Tavo Hellmund recognised that elevation and undulation were the keys to a good circuit ... and then copy-pasted Silverstone, Hockenheim and Istanbul into it. For me, Austin will only ever be the sum of its parts, and while it is still a good circuit, it cannot transcend its pieces and become something more, the way the best circuits do.

Aida was also fairly pathetic. As was Fuji, even without the Tilke downgrades, as it sits in the shadow of Mt. Fuji, and is prone to monsoonal showers. And the less said about Phoenix, the better. The modern Kyalami was also dire, if only because it turned a fantastic circuit into a go-kart track.

Valencia, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi regularly top the list of all-time least-favourite circuits, but they have produced some amazing racing in the past.

I'd agree with Fuji and Phoenix. As for Kyalami, I don't mind the revamped version. I know the purists want the original but I don't think the new one is too bad, there are plenty of other worse tracks.

Valencia and Bahrain aren't my favourites, Bahrain to me feels like a knockoff of the Red Bull Ring. I don't mind Yas Marina so much even if the corners are nearly all 90 degrees.

I've felt that the worst circuit in the last 5 years of F1 is the Buddh Circuit in India. Just looks like a half assed attempt at a new circuit, with the first sector made of long straights, second one full of chicanes and a long right loop, then the final sector isn't too bad but doesn't make up for the rest of it.

As for Austin, it's one of my favourites, I know it copies other circuits but a lot of people liked Istanbul and if it resurrects some magic of that circuit, so what?

Is nobody going to mention Hockenheim? The tilkified version of what was a great fearsome track is now no more than a glorified go kart track.

No, because the old Hockenheim was never really loved by the drivers. Martin Brundle has said several times that he and others do not miss it because it was an engine circuit - if you didn't have the best engine, then you had little chance of competing. And what you call "fearsome", they call boring.

Back