The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,790 comments
Don't even know what you just tried to tell me :lol:. I've watched to first 2 unabused in the past but don't currently feel like reading while trying to watch the movie :embarrassed:.

Glasses Jacket shirt man
10268574_324040914409744_4654037338091680427_n.jpg

1507611_323059367841232_24500658152925698_n.jpg

Ruined....

Can anyone point me to a site where I can watch all of the Initial D releases? Preferably dubbed to english.

Edited for the Bad Wolf :lol:
http://www.hulu.com/initial-d
http://www.hulu.com/initial-d-third-stage

Latest series hasn't even been licensed, and it's doubtful it ever will. The series has never really sold well here.
------------------
YES!!!! YES!!! YES!!!! SHE FINALLY HAS A RELEASE DATE AND IS UP FOR PRE-ORDER!!!!
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005742

Last edited:
I think it was TokyoPop who did the dubbing initially, and by Helix it was awful.

@Cano Thanks for the anime suggestions! Will get to them, soon...

Eh, I just noticed this. I worded it wrong, I was merely recommending you the soundtracks. altough I absolutely, fully encourage you tow atch Lain and Ghost in the Shell because they are awesome and you will also suck if you don't watch them. The same can't be said for Read or Die as I have absolutely no idea what it is about, but it's soundtrack features some bad-ass electronic music.

More electro-soudtracks: Tekkon kinkreet's. And I don't think I have to tell you about Samurai Champloo's.

The original English dub of Initial D used a completely different soundtrack to the original.

Which is a disgrace, because the soundtrack was the best thing about Initial D. Without it, the show is unwatchable. :P

DK
I think it was TokyoPop who did the dubbing initially, and by Helix it was awful.
Yes they did and also edited the series.

The series though in dubbed form now is done due to lack of sales.

And I don't think I have to tell you about Samurai Champloo's.

Champloo's Hip Hop... with quite a selection of acoustic instruments... or at least, digital representations of acoustic instruments.

Started watching No Game No Life, and it's pretty good. I went to look up the voice actors, and turns out I've heard all of them at least once. Also decided to give Kill la Kill a try, and I don't really see what is so awesome about. Maybe I'll watch it if I'm bored and want to try something new.

Champloo's Hip Hop... with quite a selection of acoustic instruments... or at least, digital representations of acoustic instruments.

It's not hip hop, it's trip hop. For it to be hip hop, it almost has to be a vocal song (: of which there are a few, of course. Battle Cry is freaking brilliant.

Also decided to give Kill la Kill a try, and I don't really see what is so awesome about. Maybe I'll watch it if I'm bored and want to try something new.

The first half of Kill la Kill is ssssssssssssslooooooooooooooowwwwwwww and sometimes pretty lame. But from about 15 onwards, it's pure awesome. You'll have to have a bit of patience and let it really kick in.

Started watching No Game No Life, and it's pretty good. I went to look up the voice actors, and turns out I've heard all of them at least once. Also decided to give Kill la Kill a try, and I don't really see what is so awesome about. Maybe I'll watch it if I'm bored and want to try something new.

I had no plans on watching it, but I threw myself at a show one day and I'm still not fully committed to it. The breakdown of exploiting the rules in games is the one thing keeping me watching. It's like the players of Liar Game exploiting the game parameters through deception. The girlfriend-less shounen who cannot stand being separated from her little sis is easybait for audience of similar lifestyle.

Eh, I just noticed this. I worded it wrong, I was merely recommending you the soundtracks. altough I absolutely, fully encourage you tow atch Lain and Ghost in the Shell because they are awesome and you will also suck if you don't watch them. The same can't be said for Read or Die as I have absolutely no idea what it is about, but it's soundtrack features some bad-ass electronic music.

More electro-soudtracks: Tekkon kinkreet's. And I don't think I have to tell you about Samurai Champloo's.
Ok, both Lain and Ghost in the Shell are already in my to watch list. I shall do my best to not suck Cano-sama!

DK
Don't lose~, your A~!

8L1De7q.jpg

rMwA76X.jpg
Not related but this is probably one of the cutest Pokemons. It's pre-evolution is even cuter! Look at Surskit, it's blushing! :embarrassed:

283Surskit.png

Also, I started Gun X Sword because I'm almost complete on the figure collection but have yet to actually watch the show. (!!!)

Back