The Gran Turismo Sport Media Cup Has Begun, and GTPlanet is Taking Part

Why aren't you in the rankings?
our Media Cup has its own leaderboard
I'm UK media.
Is this DR/SR that translates to points?
The selected media accounts are ranked by their DR and SR at the end of each day. If they have the most, they get 10pt. If they have the second most, they get 9pt. And so on down to 10th, which gets 1pt. 11th and on get 0pt/

The scores for a media driver's DR and SR are added together, and they get that many points for that day.

At the end of day 1, @EDK had 10pt for DR (first) and 9pt for SR (second, behind Matt Kato). At the end of day 2, he had 10pt for DR and 9pt for SR (second behind @sems4arsenal). At the end of day 3 he had 10pt for DR and 9pt for SR (second behind @sems4arsenal). Thus over the three days he has scored 57pt.

You'll notice that each of the three days' leaderboards has a column marked "Interim Point" and the points have a "+" in front of them. This is because that's how many points are added to their total.

I'm UK media.

The selected media accounts are ranked by their DR and SR at the end of each day. If they have the most, they get 10pt. If they have the second most, they get 9pt. And so on down to 10th, which gets 1pt. 11th and on get 0pt/

The scores for a media driver's DR and SR are added together, and they get that many points for that day.

At the end of day 1, @EDK had 10pt for DR (first) and 9pt for SR (second, behind Matt Kato). At the end of day 2, he had 10pt for DR and 9pt for SR (second behind @sems4arsenal). At the end of day 3 he had 10pt for DR and 9pt for SR (second behind @sems4arsenal). Thus over the three days he has scored 57pt.

You'll notice that each of the three days' leaderboards has a column marked "Interim Point" and the points have a "+" in front of them. This is because that's how many points are added to their total.
Interim Points. 👍
That's the answer I was hoping for.

Somehow I looked straight passed that.
Cheers. :cheers:

And overnight the leaderboards have changed format...

As the codes weren't sent out until Thursday though, I don't know why the participants' accumulated Beta progress on the Wednesday are included.

And overnight the leaderboards have changed format...

As the codes weren't sent out until Thursday though, I don't know why the participants' accumulated Beta progress on the Wednesday are included.
Yes, I was just checking out the latest scorecard. (12/05)
Lots more names, but GTPlanet players seem to have dropped from the list.

I guess it doesn't matter that much.
But a little disappointing as I was trying to keep up to date with how you guys were doing.

Yes, I was just checking out the latest scorecard. (12/05)
Lots more names, but GTPlanet players seem to have dropped from the list.

I guess it doesn't matter that much.
But a little disappointing as I was trying to keep up to date with how you guys were doing.
It seems that only one representative per outlet is allowed and the regions have been merged.

I'm on there now as GTPlanet UK, but I have no chance as they're including all Beta progress up to Wednesday 10th and the codes for additional Media Cup participants weren't sent out until Thursday afternoon. Anyone who had the Beta before thus has two days (and 40pt; +10 interim points in each category for each day) start on me.

And I was away Friday but that's my own problem :lol:

It seems that only one representative per outlet is allowed and the regions have been merged.

I'm on there now as GTPlanet UK, but I have no chance as they're including all Beta progress up to Wednesday 10th and the codes for additional Media Cup participants weren't sent out until Thursday afternoon. Anyone who had the Beta before thus has two days (and 40pt; +10 interim points in each category for each day) start on me.

And I was away Friday but that's my own problem :lol:
Ah, I see.

I guess that means the early GTPlanet domination has passed.
Game on then. ;)

Removed post.

Instead I'll just say it's good to see the GTPlanet guys back on the scoreboard.
👍

Last edited:
I'll just say it's good to see the GTPlanet guys back on the scoreboard.
Who's the Sportsmanship Rating daddy? Oh yeah...

gtsport-beta-mediacup-SR20170514.jpg

Not bad considering I only had two days to do it, and the lead UK guy had a month of progress taken into account.

Who's the Sportsmanship Rating daddy? Oh yeah...

View attachment 647362

Not bad considering I only had two days to do it, and the lead UK guy had a month of progress taken into account.
Before the update, it took ages to go up Sportsmanship Rating. Maybe they haven't played much after update. It is a lot easier to get to S SR rating now, seems more flawed now than it was before as it's probably possible to crash a lot and still get S rank very quickly.

Before the update, it took ages to go up Sportsmanship Rating. Maybe they haven't played much after update. It is a lot easier to get to S SR rating now, seems more flawed now than it was before as it's probably possible to crash a lot and still get S rank very quickly.

Yeah I got an S SR very quickly, but I rarely got involved in any contact.

Good to see amar there as well. Congrats to us :gtplanet:

Gee thanks. I was thinking it's because I'm a clean driver who stays on the track and doesn't batter other cars...
Nope, only because it's easy:sly:. I guess that explains why only the top 3 are S, because it's so "easy" now, and everyone else is A and B.

/s

It was frightening and weirdly enjoyable racing while knowing your SR is vital. I got several heart attacks when someone tries to overtake me or Kev.

Wonder if that signals the end of the beta though. It's been going on now for ages and E3 is around the corner.

Gee thanks. I was thinking it's because I'm a clean driver who stays on the track and doesn't batter other cars...
It's a big change between the two versions, before I think even 50 straight flawless wins (No contact or mistakes) would probably not get one to S SR. Would be very hard for people in midfield to progress as any incident will likely mean SR loss or no gain. Now it seems you can drive less safe than Maldonado, and you will likely get to S SR very quickly. The way it is now, don't be surprised if it is a bit like demolition derby racing against people with S SR rank. Probably depend a bit on DR though, I think that still takes still a while to progress with that rating.

Out of interest, how many races did it take for you to get to S rank? Well done on beating Amar to S rank (I assume this as you've got more points with same rating), he seems to have only got access recently too.

Go go :gtplanet: :gtpflag:! I saw gameblog.fr in one race, not doing great.

Out of interest, how many races did it take for you to get to S rank?

I'm not Famine, obviously, but I had an interesting day on Sunday, going down to C and then up to S in 14 races!

I started as a low B, after some rough races Thurs/Fri. Then slipped to C after two races (1x =, 1x -). Next race was a +, and back to B. Four more + races and back to A (at which point my DR also went up to A, after being stuck at a full bar for ages). Then +, +, =, =, +, =, + got me to S.

In some of those races that ended up =, I did have hits with SR down flag. In the last one before reaching S there were 3 of them, yet still no loss of SR at the end!

Partly I think I just got lucky, but also having a decent quali time helped a lot, particularly when SR was down at B/C.

I think if anything it might be too easy now to gain SR, at least for fast players, but my races as S have been generally very clean. DR of A could well be helping with that. I think anyone even just a little bit slower than me might be having a tougher time to gain SR.

Back