The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #29 (Model Makers) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 46 comments

Obviously not the most spectacular entry but it comes from the first "real" RC Buggy I had when I was about 10 years old.

When I told about it to some friends two of them told me they had the same!
Maybe it will bring back some good old memories to some of you old guys! :D

I've longly hesitated to keep the dirt tyres on the Escudo, but of course they didn't have spikes :D and as the classic race tyres allowed me to put bigger wheels, I thought it looked more like the original like this.

Edit : @Nuschel01
Original post updated with new pics for some minor livery updates

Here is the link to the livery

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
PS5 Raytracing

Livery Link
Bio:

Bburago is an Italian company that makes model cars. They're normally known mostly for their Ferrari lineup of models, but they do venture beyond just Ferrari. While looking through their catalogue I spotted a "BRE Datsun 510" which inspired me to make this.

Instead of choosing to go for the KPGC10 I opted for the KPGC110 because the car is 50 years old this year, so in honor of the 1973 Skyline 2000 GT-R's 50th anniversary, this is the "Bburago 2000GT-R."

FINAL ENTRY
PS5 Raytracing

VW GTI SUPERSPORT

SPOILER PIC'S

Great task this time. Easy to get into and lots of options to decide from. Many fellow livery makers have done super job and might be difficult to vote for only three. In the spoiler pics are early ideas of the car and decided on the Supersport and a futuristic look. Chose Tomica for sponsor, not been my hobby but seen miniatures when i was younger. Hope you like my livery.

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
When I was about 9, I blew all my savings on a Tamiya Rough Rider. I still remember the thrill of building it, filling the dampers with the little bottle of oil, using the supplied allen keys; it was a beautiful bit of kit, and I sprayed it metallic flake green, masked it up and did white to yellow to red fade sprayed flames. I had plenty of time to do so, the Rough Rider spent 9 months sitting agonisingly on my shelf while I saved up for the controller :)

I didn't think anything in GT was close enough to do the Rough Rider, although Sian's fab Escudo has me re-considering, so I did the Tamiya follow up, the Sand Scorcher. Based it on the original version, mixed in a bit of the box art, and there's a couple of touches from real baja bugs, speaking of which:

I had the MacGregor JR controller, bought using the same reasoning I use now when I buy the 2nd cheapest bottle of wine in a restaurant :) The Acoms was slightly cheaper and ubiquitous, this is a 4 channel version but similar style:

The livery is wide body and takes well to all 3 rears. Hope the photos are ok (prop in main photo and RC shot in spoiler)

Yeah I guess so, but it's really well done! 😍
Cheers :D, and yes it is mainly a big sticker, I tried sketching it in game, but editing/fixing that sort of thing is a nightmare :indiff:, so I thought I'd give it a go in Vect...er I mean 'Curve'. There's an hour left and I'm torn between finessing the van/decal or getting some new action shots, I'll share the decal/van when done for anyone else who's into RC

I wasn't very inspired when I saw the theme the first time.

I'm still not that much :D (...)

I'm gonna find something for sure.

Maybe it will bring back some good old memories to some of you old guys! :D

I didn't think anything in GT was close enough to do the Rough Rider, although Sian's fab Escudo has me re-considering

When I was about 9
When I didn't know what to do due to the lack of inspiration I didn't know it would finish like this! :gtpflag:

Hate to spoil the party but can you take the first picture again without the remote in it, @SouperK? Those two pictures are supposed to be equal for all entries (which they kinda aren't more than often enough anyways tbf) and stuff like that is what the bonus pics are for. Sorry :ouch:

Hate to spoil the party but can you take the first picture again without the remote in it, @SouperK? Those two pictures are supposed to be equal for all entries (which they kinda aren't more than often enough anyways tbf) and stuff like that is what the bonus pics are for. Sorry :ouch:
No worries, just meant as a laugh, didn't occur that it would be a problem until I was writing the reply bit, changed it now

Back