The Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 2,697 comments
Omnis
hey werner, do you know if you can snap back to 200 degs in gt4:P?

if there are f1 cars in gt4 than i really dont want to use 900 degs with them. they are only 270 anyways. :D

Hi Omnis

In GT4P the Cars have different angle of rotation !
The BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car use only 180° degree ( In the 900° Wheel mode. )

Otherwise You can change the Driving Force Pro Wheel to the 200 degree mode too. ( SELECT & R3 & RIGHT PADDLE SHIFTER )

Unfortunately, in GT4P the "Driving Force Pro" 200 degree mode is sick to steer :yuck:
( With my GT-Force Wheel the steering is good ! )

But I think the GT4P Software part for steering-evaluating isnt finished 👍
In GT4P isnt installed a Calibrations Menue to adjust the Wheel to one's needs

Darin or anybody that can at least answer my question, thank you!!!!
BTW(English is not my primary language, so I hope you can understand me)

I just have the money for the Driving Force Pro, but my question is if the wheel that is pluged in the USB port has a long cable?, or you need to have the wheel really close to the playstation?

This is because I have a big screen TV and I cant have the wheel to close to the TV and the playstation, I hope you understand me and answer my question, thanx.....

Wisper
Funny you say that, I bought mine from them, it says refurbished. I will tell you if I got a dud or not. Before I bought it I could not believe it so I checked out www.resellerratings.com and they seemed to do a decent job.

Ok, So I finally got one wheel while I really bought two from them, other is in the mail still. The wheel works fine yet I would not reccomend ordering from JustDeals.com. If you want better customer service don't buy from them.

bmw5150
Has anybody played Burnout 3 with the Driving Force Pro??????? How does it work?

Not recommended for this game. There is no feedback and it feels floaty. Since Burnout 3 is more like an coin-op racer and not a sim game, it's easier to control w/ the dual shock.

Sohcahtoa
What exactly are all the differences between the Driving Force and the Driving Force Pro? Does the force feedback feel any different?

My brother has a Driving Force wheel. If he turns the wheel and then stops the car, the wheel centers. On a real car, if you turn the wheel and then stop, the wheel stays turned. Is this a function of the force feedback in the wheel itself or is that what the assist feature does in GT3?

http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/9632930403.html $60 for a DFP!! Too good to be true?

I have the Driving force steering...yes it does center itself when the car is at stationary...
but I tried playing prologue with the GT force and it does not self center when the car is stationary..

MAN...DFP IS STILL NOT RELEASED HERE....I'm thinking its gonna come here only when GT4 comes out...cause there is no demand for the wheel since the old Driving Force wheel is still being sold

does anyone have videos or can MAKE videos of the DFP in action??...I'm very anxious to see it work..

I can atleast watch the vids till the damn wheel comes here!

Now that you've got the DFP, you should be aware that a lap support is not a good option 👎

The force is too big and the advantage of the DPF (it's good handling and precision) will be a disadvantage with a lap support.

Search GTplanet for better solutions :)

yup..just drove a million times...got my own table too...
the lap support is no use cause of the force applied..
its is alot smoother than the normal driving force and there is more precision

900 mode on GT3 is not as good as prologue...but 200 mode takes the cake 👍

Darin
Thats weird, it should work fine with GT3.

I have the same problem.... i can't switch over to 900 degree mode in GT3.. GT4 Prologue again, defaults to 900 degree mode when the game starts up.. but once it is in that mode... it doesn't allow me to switch to 200 mode....

I just got my DFP today. It's a lot louder then I expected. Sometimes it feels like I'm arm wrestling an electric motor. I still crash a lot because I'm not used to it.

this wheel is incrediblem the force feedback is unbelivibley relistic the way the wheel shakes when you hit the brake son the way in to turn 1 at fuji in the mcklaren is F$%^&^$% awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👍

nsx_vtec
this wheel is incrediblem the force feedback is unbelivibley relistic the way the wheel shakes when you hit the brake son the way in to turn 1 at fuji in the mcklaren is F$%^&^$% awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👍

Excuse my terrible terrible typing 👎

Can somebody (a MOD) please move this Thread to the GT4 forum? After all the Driving Force Pro was designed for GT4 and there are tons of people asking questions about the wheel on that forum.
------------------------------------------------------------

edit: Thank you so much, you guys really get things done here. Administration A+++++ 👍

nsx_vtec

nsx_vtec
precision = speed

You must be very, very slow then.

Quick_Nick
I just got my DFP today. It's a lot louder then I expected. Sometimes it feels like I'm arm wrestling an electric motor. I still crash a lot because I'm not used to it.

It's not that loud after a while. Don't worry, you will get used to the wheel. At first my lap times were actually higher but after a week or so playing it for a couple of hours after work everyday I started to improve my lap times... Now I don't think I can get even close to my laps with the DS2 controller.

i bougfht the dfp and its a great whell the best but one thing im straging is the fact when i hit a wall in nascar 2004 nothing happebns in th force feedback, bot even a noise but all other force feedbacks efects works, theres something wrong or when hit the wall nothing has to happen?

bmw5150
It's not that loud after a while. Don't worry, you will get used to the wheel. At first my lap times were actually higher but after a week or so playing it for a couple of hours after work everyday I started to improve my lap times... Now I don't think I can get even close to my laps with the DS2 controller.

in GT3 (and probably GT4), using the DS2 is a lot easier than using a steering wheel... why? cause PD dumbed down the controls, (after all, if they left them the same way for the DS2 it would be nearly imposible to drive well.. i mean, how would you like a DS2 in your car instead of a steering wheel!?).

This also means that times with the steering wheels are worth a lot more than times with the DS2.

SaintKamus
in GT3 (and probably GT4), using the DS2 is a lot easier than using a steering wheel... why? cause PD dumbed down the controls, (after all, if they left them the same way for the DS2 it would be nearly imposible to drive well.. i mean, how would you like a DS2 in your car instead of a steering wheel!?).

This also means that times with the steering wheels are worth a lot more than times with the DS2.

This is true 👍

SaintKamus

Actually, I think it's tied to the fact that everyone was so accustomed to the DS before any wheel was released, or a PC wheel was found to be compatible...IMHO that is! :)

I for one am faster w/a my DFP than I ever was using my DS! Sure, it took awhile to get used to it, but once sufficient time was obtained, it became much easier to turn faster lap times!

now please dont whine please. should i go for the cheap option of buying the old version of the dfp or wait for the expensive new one. the old one is real cheap on trademe.com only $30 dollers average. opinions?

The original GT Force wheel is great (I got one for GT3) but the DFP raises the bar quite a lot i'm lead to believe. I'd save up and go for the DFP.

mackie
The original GT Force wheel is great (I got one for GT3) but the DFP raises the bar quite a lot i'm lead to believe. I'd save up and go for the DFP.

and how much do they cost in your country if there their? because im on a real tight budget still being a college using mums money.

Back