The Order 1886PS4 

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 97 comments
More Steampunk, and Steampunk done well at that, which is something of a rarity :)
Yeah, I meant Steampunk and not the cyber variety...not really sure why I wrote that in the first place.

Steampunk had stuff like this since the days of Mike Moorcock's Warlords of the Air - good times.

The soundtrack doesn't seem to fit all the action, this soundtrack would fit perfectly if the game was open world and you were exploring the victorian london.

The soundtrack doesn't seem to fit all the action, this soundtrack would fit perfectly if the game was open world and you were exploring the victorian london.

I know what you're saying, but I like it nonetheless - it definitely has that Victorian horror style whimsy about it.

The jury remains out for this game but to be honest I've seen nothing too exciting about this game yet, the gameplay looks a bit shallow and the animation seems a bit clunky at times. Still though, could be a sleeper hit.

What negativity? ever since PSX this thing has been hyped a lot.
Been to N4g lately? It's crazy down there and other such gaming forums. " How the PS4's fate rests on The Order", " Why you shouldnt Get The Order", " The Order's an utter disappointment". And the banter, don't get me started.

Been to N4g lately? It's crazy down there and other such gaming forums. " How the PS4's fate rests on The Order", " Why you shouldnt Get The Order", " The Order's an utter disappointment". And the banter, don't get me started.

Gaf has been really looking forward to it, especially since Colin and Greg (amongst others) played it at PSX and says it's really good, plus it'll probably be the best looking game this year (uncharted included) across all platforms.

However don't expect a lot of 9s and 10s for it though.

The Order 1886 is one of the best looking games, the gameplay looks rather generic, not bad or good, just alright, the impressions will be decided by the game's story.

I agree with the general consensus here. I can see it being a solid 7.5/10.

I have preordered it worried though hoping it dosent reley to much on quick time events.

Sounds like they have a bad case of trolling going on over there then.

I actually think that The Order 1886 looks better than Crysis 3 on Ultra settings on PC, of course it's not running in 60fps and has the black b locks, but grpahically it really does look more impressive in my opinon.

FYI Crysis 3 is known as the best looking PC game on Ultra settings.

Well this game got murdered in the reviews, will probably get it via game share or buy a used copy then.

I actually had this on pre-order but after seeing opinions of both critics and players alike I'm going to pick this one up pre-owned or on the cheap in a month or two. It won't stay full price for long at all. Shame.

I actually had this on pre-order but after seeing opinions of both critics and players alike I'm going to pick this one up pre-owned or on the cheap in a month or two. It won't stay full price for long at all. Shame.

I'd bet by the end of the year it'll be a plus game.

Most of the reviews say the same thing... short gameplay length, lots of cutscenes, not much replayability, but the scores they're all giving are all over the charts.

Fanboys... if the game isn't reviewed as the greatest thing ever then it's a complete failure. :rolleyes:

I'll still give this game a go later but man I was hoping Sony would have something here. My PS4 has been off for months now, it needs to be PLAYED!

Back