The Political Cartoon/Image/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 12,964 comments
Wait, licking them where?
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Also, not in New Jersey.
Oh, i don't know. Looks a lot like Mount Tammany in the background. ;)

Besides, that's not 'drawing a crowd' it's a gathering of all the stiffed contracters from over the years lining up for compensation.

Last edited:
[EDIT] For what it's worth, she's apparently not a native West Virginian so perhaps it's not a surprise she can't recognise her own state flag:
I can understand that. What I can’t understand is why she would assume that it’s Mexico 😅

fine.jpg

They only have one joke based on endless variations of "I identify as an attack helicopter". Everything else is about punching down.
I'm personally not bothered so much by the punching down as I am by those so wont to do the punching down being such insufferable pussies.

Dave Rubin should show a little more empathy. He too supports a political group that would rather him & his husband disappear.

Last edited:
I assume the point it is "attempting" to make is that accommodating people's preferences gives them unfair advantage in competitive outlets. But, this hysteria is repeatedly made larger than it actually happens & there's way more to these situations than Conservative media ever cares to indulge in b/c it destroys the narrative.

The only thing that video does is prop up age old Conservative transphobia.

I assume the point it is "attempting" to make is that accommodating people's preferences gives them unfair advantage in competitive outlets. But, this hysteria is repeatedly made larger than it actually happens & there's way more to these situations than Conservative media ever cares to indulge in b/c it destroys the narrative.

Truth is there are a group of people who game system in order to find success. "Oh, I'm a not a good athlete as a man but as a woman I can be the best athlete". Yeah but you were born with a penis and grew up with male hormones, so you shouldn't be allowed to compete in woman's sports. It's a matter of biology, not presentation.

Truth is there are a group of people who game system in order to find success. "Oh, I'm a not a good athlete as a man but as a woman I can be the best athlete".
Nobody goes through the process of transitioning just to win medals. You do realize transitioning is a 2-3 year ordeal....

That quote also doesn't hold water.
Trans athletes vary in athletic ability just like cisgender athletes. “One high jumper could be taller and have longer legs than another, but the other could have perfect form, and then do better,” explains Andraya Yearwood, a student track athlete and ACLU client. “One sprinter could have parents who spend so much money on personal training for their child, which in turn, would cause that child to run faster,” she adds. In Connecticut, where cisgender girl runners have tried to block Andraya from participating in the sport she loves, the very same cis girls who have claimed that trans athletes have an “unfair” advantage have consistently performed as well as or better than transgender competitors.
Yeah but you were born with a penis and grew up with male hormones, so you shouldn't be allowed to compete in woman's sports. It's a matter of biology, not presentation.
It's not that black-and-white. Actual data behind the topic isn't conclusive because of other factors.
I'll end by saying that the larger question really goes beyond a simple competitive advantage. It's whether there is a disproportionate competitive advantage between trans and cis athletes. So there are all sorts of advantages coming into play for athletic abilities - their genetic advantages, metabolic differences, physical characteristics, height, for example, and all the socioeconomic access to better nutrition, better coaching, better training equipment. Does all of these differences that provide some advantage are dwarfed by the fact of being trans athlete? We simply don't know.

These same things have been brought up for decades just in regards to cis-gendered athletes; could a decent prospect have made it to a professional league with different factors.

They only have one joke based on endless variations of "I identify as an attack helicopter". Everything else is about punching down.
I'll give them credit for this (and only this). I've seen funnier housebricks than any Conservative "comedians" these days.

sienfeld walk out.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody goes through the process of transitioning just to win medals. You do realize transitioning is a 2-3 year ordeal....

That quote also doesn't hold water.

It's not that black-and-white. Actual data behind the topic isn't conclusive because of other factors.

These same things have been brought up for decades just in regards to cis-gendered athletes; could a decent prospect have made it to a professional league with different factors.

Oh yeah because some like Lia Thomas doesn't have an advantage over the female swimmers...

Conservative is when you cry like a little bitch about how others prefer to be addressed.

I don't see that in the video. I watched the whole thing, and I don't see this idea that it complains about how others want to be addressed. The video is specifically about competitive sports, and allowing a competitive advantage to trans athletes. The average height of an NBA players is 6" taller than the average WNBA player. If someone goes through puberty as a male and goes on to play women's basketball, there is simply no way to argue that going through puberty as a male didn't offer at least that kind of competitive advantage.

I do understand that some people would take the message from that video and apply it badly - like disregarding how others prefer to be addressed. But the video doesn't have that in it, at least not that I noticed.

Last edited:
I don't see that in the video. I watched the whole thing, and I don't see this idea that it complains about how others want to be addressed. The video is specifically about competitive sports, and allowing a competitive advantage to trans athletes. The average height of an NBA players is 6" taller than the average WNBA player. If someone goes through puberty as a male and goes on to play women's basketball, there is simply no way to argue that going through puberty as a male didn't offer at least that kind of competitive advantage.

I do understand that some people would take the message from that video and apply it badly - like disregarding how others prefer to be addressed. But the video doesn't have that in it, at least not that I noticed.
Transitioning isn't going to overcome physical height advantages. Why you picked basketball is interesting b/c I don't think any transgender athletes have attempted basketball.

However, in the sport Scott decided to pick, being born a man has not allowed any competitive advantage to Lia Thomas b/c the most she accomplished was 1-win that wasn't record breaking. So, her situation the right-wing media made a frenzy over didn't actually mean much to their argument that biological men will beat up on women.
Oh yeah because some like Lia Thomas doesn't have an advantage over the female swimmers...
She was ranked 44th amongst female swimmers in the US in 2022 despite born a male.

Here's more info:

Despite winning the 2022 500-yard freestyle that burst her into stardom, Thomas broke no records. Kate Douglass on the other hand, who was ranked 2nd in 2022, broke 18 NCAA records that year. Kate would go on to be ranked #1 the following season & #6 this season.
Ms Thomas won the women's 500 yard freestyle race in 4m 33.24s. She came fifth in the 200 yard race, with 1m 43.40s, and eighth in the 100 yard race with 48.40s.

These were impressive results, but they weren't record-breaking. Though the overall competition saw 27 all-time NCAA records broken, Ms Thomas's times weren't among them.

A whopping 18 of those were broken by Kate Douglass of the University of Virginia (UVA), who now has the fastest times in US college history in the 50 yard freestyle, the 100 yard butterfly stroke, and the 200 yard breaststroke.

If she's got such a big advantage, why did she get beat easily by other women in the sport? Why wasn't she smashing records left & right?

Well, because referring back to what I said:
there's way more to these situations than Conservative media ever cares to indulge in b/c it destroys the narrative.

Quit buying into Conservative culture war nonsense. You're clearly not actually looking into this topic which makes it incredibly easy to disprove your vague & blunt responses.

Last edited:
Back