The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,222 comments
Or maybe just a customizable differential. When you buy a limited slip diff, you should be able to adjust the final drive ratio.

Here's one minor annoyance:
As far as I can tell, there is no way to tell which car you have driven the most because miles driven includes mileage already on cars purchased from the UCD. Why not have a secondary mileage parameter (that can be used to sort) that only includes player-driven mileage?
You could be different gear ratios from factory. You literally checked off what transmission you wanted, gearing, exterior colour, interior color, rims etc.

My uncle bought a 1969 Camaro brand spanking new and had to go through the long checklist. We should definitely be able to change final gear ratio. If the Camaro in game has the M22 Muncie, there should also be more gear whine to it, closer to how the Daytona Coupe has it.

While I’m on the topic of the Camaro, it’s missing a lot of chrome. Whoever modelled it didn’t do as good of a job as the person that did the challenger. The challenger has all its chrome, drip rail, around the fenders…

Could use some more vintage rims selection too for all the muscle cars or anything older than 1978

GT7 Cockpit.png

@TumeK5 , @JDM Fan, @PirovacBoy

View like this should be norm for all racing games, don´t you think... It`s 2024, but still missing! Such a shame they add so much detail to interiors, but me and many others simpy can`t enjoy it due to how poorly it`s implemented.

View like this should be norm for all racing games, don´t you think... It`s 2024, but still missing! Such a shame they add so much detail to interiors, but me and many others simpy can`t enjoy it due to how poorly it`s implemented.
I like having the steering wheel, I like cockpit view best, but we need to be able to put the bumper cam rear view mirror up. Project cars had look to apex which is a good feature for looking into the corner.

Give me the wide lens rear view mirror, look to apex and a spotter so I can shut radar off. Goes without saying customizable HUD would be appreciated. I’d still like to see race position, how many laps left, lap times and split gap. But with adjustable opacity so I can make it almost disappear.

Actually I'm personally fine with the current Cockpit View in GT7.
I drive with the hud completely turned off since day1 and to be honest never had any real issues.
Maybe it's the experience which helps no idea.
But it would be nice if PD made the Hud customizable.
Not that I would ever use it cause it would break the immersion for me but for you and many others who actually enjoy driving in Cockpit View and do miss some few info on screen, I can imagine it would make the ride much more pleasant for you guys.
Maybe PD come up with an update which will add this feature but at this point I'm not optimistic.
Too much time has passed already into GT7 lifetime and I'm pretty sure they completely put their focus on GT8 at this point.
So there's hope it might be included in the upcoming iteration of the GT Franchise, but again, I wouldn't expect PD to implement it either because of their way how they use to do things.
But fingers crossed for you guys 😉

Actually I'm personally fine with the current Cockpit View in GT7.
I drive with the hud completely turned off since day1 and to be honest never had any real issues.
Maybe it's the experience which helps no idea.
But it would be nice if PD made the Hud customizable.
Not that I would ever use it cause it would break the immersion for me but for you and many others who actually enjoy driving in Cockpit View and do miss some few info on screen, I can imagine it would make the ride much more pleasant for you guys.
Maybe PD come up with an update which will add this feature but at this point I'm not optimistic.
Too much time has passed already into GT7 lifetime and I'm pretty sure they completely put their focus on GT8 at this point.
So there's hope it might be included in the upcoming iteration of the GT Franchise, but again, I wouldn't expect PD to implement it either because of their way how they use to do things.
But fingers crossed for you guys 😉
here’s the ultimate solution for me. Customizable hud so I can put what I want on there, but also make it so I can toggle it on and off with a button. Half the time I don’t need to look at it but I would flip it on down a straight and check out who’s got the fastest lap and my lap time. That would be best of both worlds. I never look at my speed or revs or gear selected. Only tires if I’m doing a race with tire wear. Again, if I could just flick it on, take a look then flick it off I’d be good.

If they gave us a wide lens rear view mirror I could probably race with radar off just fine.

They’re simple solutions that other games have so I don’t know if PD is just being stubborn about it or lazy? Maybe they think they know best. Idk

here’s the ultimate solution for me. Customizable hud so I can put what I want on there, but also make it so I can toggle it on and off with a button. Half the time I don’t need to look at it but I would flip it on down a straight and check out who’s got the fastest lap and my lap time. That would be best of both worlds. I never look at my speed or revs or gear selected. Only tires if I’m doing a race with tire wear. Again, if I could just flick it on, take a look then flick it off I’d be good.

If they gave us a wide lens rear view mirror I could probably race with radar off just fine.

They’re simple solutions that other games have so I don’t know if PD is just being stubborn about it or lazy? Maybe they think they know best. Idk
Definitely a good point you made there, including a simple on / off toggle switch mapped to a specific button. Yes that would be a great solution.
Such a simple thing indeed, yet, its PD we talking about 😄

Race cars don't come with wet tires (they did in GT5 IIRC)

Rally cars don't come with dirt tires (I think they never did so in the entire series)

The toggle switch for the HUD was a great feature of the NFS Shift series. The cockpit view in Shift was awesome! I really liked how the hud felt like it was attached to your helmet, rather than a screen overlay. Felt very immersive. I could never quite get used to the look-to-apex, but I know some people loved it. Shame what happened with those games...really let down by difficult/inconsistent handling, unfathomably bad controls & latency on console and mediocre post-launch support - but they were (IMO) more interesting alternatives to Gran Turismo than Forza Motorsports ever provided. pCARS was less interesting to me though I know that series had it's fans.

Last edited:
The toggle switch for the HUD was a great feature of the NFS Shift series. The cockpit view in Shift was awesome! I really liked how the hud felt like it was attached to your helmet, rather than a screen overlay. Felt very immersive. I could never quite get used to the look-to-apex, but I know some people loved it. Shame what happened with those games...really let down by difficult/inconsistent handling, unfathomably bad controls & latency on console and mediocre post-launch support - but they were (IMO) more interesting alternatives to Gran Turismo than Forza Motorsports ever provided. pCARS was less interesting to me though I know that series had it's fans.
It wasn’t as well known as GT7, but honestly at the time it was miles ahead of GT5 and GT6 who’s cars sounded like vacuum cleaners and when you collided with anything it sounded like somebody banging on a metal drum. I was going to go back to project cars 2 but GT7 imo is now better. It’s not that far off as a simulator except for graphics. That’s not saying much considering PC2 came out in 2017. I tried Assetto Corsa but it looked horrible in comparison. They definitely had something going with Project Cars and Project Cars 2.

As for bad controls, I thought the cars handled pretty good and I raced both with wheel and controller. Never ran into latency, I think GT7 is sometimes worse at times. Some people are ridiculously choppy and rubber banding around the track.

But that’s in the past. Most of my suggestions come from Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. And actually GT Legends too. GT Legends has a really nice clean look to it as far as the hud goes. I find GT7’s hud very ugly. Turn that on and it feels like a video game. Just too much on the screen. Thing is there’s three things I’d like to keep on the screen. They let you essentially pick top half or bottom half, when I really just need top left and bottom right.

Oh well, they’ll never fix it.

Not necessarily annoyance, just so many simple things that if all fixed could possibly make the game 2 to 4 times better. I will not mention the obvious.

1) add slide show mode to view photos yours and others and even viewing liveries.
2) add photo mode to livery review screen.
3) add ability to turn on or force penalty for exceeding track limits in offline GT world mode.
4) on some GT world races maybe even force or add damage turn on option.
5) reduce number of times must exit out of one menu to get to home menu.
6) would like to see option to see all races current car is available for.

Really though core of the offline GT world mode has not change much since first GT game which is pathetic. Same old start in the back and in general use the fastest car possible since economy is so freaking horrible. In general they should know this is the #1 irritant for GT players and yet they do not care.

I like photo mode even though majority of scapes are useless for getting a good car photo. I would prefere just to allow photos in livery preview or something similar and change the back ground from 100s of images or even allows us to make are own posters.

Overall good car selection, enjoy the car and world history images/videos. Extreme poor execution on how to put all the pieces together.

Even without changing the core game code, except for maybe economy payouts. If even partially execute in a way where everything has natural flow/progression could of been good GT game.

Last edited:
It wasn’t as well known as GT7, but honestly at the time it was miles ahead of GT5 and GT6 who’s cars sounded like vacuum cleaners and when you collided with anything it sounded like somebody banging on a metal drum. I was going to go back to project cars 2 but GT7 imo is now better. It’s not that far off as a simulator except for graphics. That’s not saying much considering PC2 came out in 2017. I tried Assetto Corsa but it looked horrible in comparison. They definitely had something going with Project Cars and Project Cars 2.

As for bad controls, I thought the cars handled pretty good and I raced both with wheel and controller. Never ran into latency, I think GT7 is sometimes worse at times. Some people are ridiculously choppy and rubber banding around the track.

But that’s in the past. Most of my suggestions come from Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. And actually GT Legends too. GT Legends has a really nice clean look to it as far as the hud goes. I find GT7’s hud very ugly. Turn that on and it feels like a video game. Just too much on the screen. Thing is there’s three things I’d like to keep on the screen. They let you essentially pick top half or bottom half, when I really just need top left and bottom right.

Oh well, they’ll never fix it.
Apparently some people having been modding a GT4-esque hud into GT7...with a ton of work -

GT4 hud is nicer, but it doesn't really solve any problems. :lol:

Apparently some people having been modding a GT4-esque hud into GT7...with a ton of work -

GT4 hud is nicer, but it doesn't really solve any problems. :lol:

That’s cool, but yeah I run SimHub and was excited to shut the hud off, but as he says a lot of stuff doesn’t work. Idk it just seems like a simple solution. Go to display menu in settings, turn off what you don’t want on the screen. Don’t have to be able to move things around like in project cars. Just let us pick and choose. Most of what I want on the screen is where I’d put it anyway.

Visual parts like exhausts and brakes can’t be seen in Tuning Shop. Would be nice to know what certain parts look like before fitment. Plus the age old fitting the parts that you don’t want fitted yet. Should be able to purchase all parts and fit them at the GT Auto… gulp… “garage”.
I mean, there’s a car getting a wheel alignment and another on a hoist. Might as well be able to build my car there.

My little annoyance: when you’re in your car garage and you can’t directly control the view of your car and you’re stuck cycling through a bunch of shots that never show the part of the car that you want to see.

I don’t like how in custom online lobbies even with all of the penalties turned off, the game resets cars that come off the track, especially in places where it’s minor and is slower. There needs to be an option to turn this annoying thing off.

Last edited:
  • No actual races in career mode. You start “X” number of seconds behind the leader and have to be that much faster per lap to be able to catch the car in the lead. It’s a racing game, I want to race, not be a few seconds per lap faster than everyone else.
  • Brake bias on street cars needs to seriously be moved towards the front. I have driven McLaren’s, Ferrari’s, Porsche’s, Vipers, Nissan GTR’s and other high performance street cars and have NEVER had to be concerned about the back coming around under braking the way I do in game. These are cars not motorbikes, they don’t lift the rear wheels and are pretty stable when braking from 150-200km/hr.
  • Drifting in Mission menus. I despise drifting and have zero interest in it. Make it it’s own mission menu.
  • AI cars braking at the apex and exit of corners. Every time I go to accelerate out of a corner the AI car is slamming on the brakes.
  • Pit crew is awful. I pit 3 seconds ahead of the car behind on the same lap, we both change tires and I take LESS fuel yet somehow come out 2 seconds behind.

A massive annoyance is that we can't turn off slipstream in lobbies. Even worse when the feature is actually in the code of the game and available (PD has it and has used it themselves) but for an unknown reason, not available to us.

I'm in a league racing series and it would be of great assistance if for qualifying we could get rid of slipstream.

A massive annoyance is that we can't turn off slipstream in lobbies. Even worse when the feature is actually in the code of the game and available (PD has it and has used it themselves) but for an unknown reason, not available to us.

I'm in a league racing series and it would be of great assistance if for qualifying we could get rid of slipstream.
Man I was reading all of that thinking but why?! And then you mentioned qualifying. Make perfect sense. Knowing PD though, they’d make everyone qualify one at a time.

That's racing though, look at F1 Italian GP in 2019 when no one made it to set a lap due to not wanting to give slipstream

I’m back again regarding tune sharing because I just come to realize something.

I’m making a custom race, bought 15-20 of the same car. Slowly getting their paint jobs ready.

But I don’t want to run them stock. I have a tune I like for the car and would like to use it. But it will probably literally take me hours to set all the cars up with the same tune. This is one feature I hope they implement soon. Share with others and share with yourself for when you want to set up multiple cars with the identical tune.

While they’re at it, they should make it so we can share custom races. The amount of work I’ll be putting into this one, it would be nice to be able to share it.

My little annoyance: when you’re in your car garage and you can’t control the view of your car and you’re stuck cycling through a bunch of shots that never show the part of the car that you want to watch.

I don’t like how in custom online lobbies even with all of the penalties turned off, the game resets cars that come off the track, especially in places where it’s minor and is slower. There needs to be an option to turn this annoying thing off.
You can cycle through the views using R1 and L1 and you will be able to see all parts of the car. I do agree however that a button to take control - like the preview option in the livery editor - would be a really neat addition to the garage view.

While we are talking about the garage view, I’d like to preview any car without having to get in it! Just add a “get in” button as well!!

• No actual races in career mode. You start “X” number of seconds behind the leader and have to be that much faster per lap to be able to catch the car in the lead. It’s a racing game, I want to race, not be a few seconds per lap faster than everyone else.
  • Brake bias on street cars needs to seriously be moved towards the front. I have driven McLaren’s, Ferrari’s, Porsche’s, Vipers, Nissan GTR’s and other high performance street cars and have NEVER had to be concerned about the back coming around under braking the way I do in game. These are cars not motorbikes, they don’t lift the rear wheels and are pretty stable when braking from 150-200km/hr.
  • Drifting in Mission menus. I despise drifting and have zero interest in it. Make it it’s own mission menu.
  • AI cars braking at the apex and exit of corners. Every time I go to accelerate out of a corner the AI car is slamming on the brakes.
  • Pit crew is awful. I pit 3 seconds ahead of the car behind on the same lap, we both change tires and I take LESS fuel yet somehow come out 2 seconds behind.
Your nr.1 is my biggest gripe in the game. Every event is just "chase the rabbit". Doesn't feel like racing.
Will help a lot if we had qualifying in all SP events.

I hate how I always build anticipation for an upcoming update, but I know it deep down that every update is gonna be the same crap. It's impossible to know when we get something good, as PD won't share news.
Will help a lot if we had qualifying in all SP events.
Would help for sure, but this would make the races far too easy to win with the AI we have. If we had Sophy implemented in place of PD's terrible AI, qualifying would be more than welcome and reasonable.

There are 15 WTC800 and 8 GT Cup Gr.3 races. 8 WTC700 and only 2 GTCUP Gr.4 races. More GTCUP Gr.1 races than GTCUP Gr.4. That’s crazy. Even 2 The Human Comedy Gr.3 races to one Gr.4 race.
Yes, Gr.3 are the bread & butter in Gran Turismo, but may as well even out the events with the two Groups PD concentrate efforts.

There are 15 WTC800 and 8 GT Cup Gr.3 races. 8 WTC700 and only 2 GTCUP Gr.4 races. More GTCUP Gr.1 races than GTCUP Gr.4. That’s crazy. Even 2 The Human Comedy Gr.3 races to one Gr.4 race.
Yes, Gr.3 are the bread & butter in Gran Turismo, but may as well even out the events with the two Groups PD concentrate efforts.
I don’t get the fascination with the Gr.3 cars. If you want a game that’s all about that and the realism of driving them. ACC. It’s got everything you need and is a much better sim.

If they had vintage cars in that game, I’d be playing it. It feels like you’re in a race compared to gran Turismo. You’ve got a spotter, way better radar, more comprehensive car setup options, only real tracks, damage, pit strategy etc.

GT7, Gr.3 is more like a fantasy version of Gr.3 racing compared to ACC.

Back