The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
Dang, Friday already and I haven't talked about last week's episode, Dragon Dropped.
I've always liked the relationship between Rarity and Spike, so this was right up my alley. Sadly for fans of the Sparity ship, this looks like Spike is growing up and getting over his crush on Rarity. It was good to see Gabby again. I've always liked her since that first CMC episode she was in.

Art by Jon Fawkes.

New Equestria Girls Choose Your Own Ending on YouTube. "Acoountabilibuddies" starring Applejack. After getting her foot stomped on, AJ is worried she won't get to see her favorite country singer, Dirk Thistleweed. (The fact that he looks like a Rule 63 Rarity is entirely coincidental, I'm sure.) Snips, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash all have their own way of helping her out.

S9E20 "A Horse Shoe-In"
Twilight offers the position of Headmare of the School of Friendship to Starlight Glimmer. Feeling a bit overwhelmed, she decides she needs a Vice-Headmare. Trixie automatically assumes the position was made just for her, but Starlight auditions a number of ponies including Big Mac, Doctor Hooves, Octavia Melody, and Spoiled Rich. It becomes increasingly obvious Trixie would be a disaster as a teacher, much less Vice-Headmare, but she's not taking the hint. Eventually Starlight unloads on Trixie in a particularly unpleasant scene. It all works out in the end as Starlight realizes Trixie would make a great student counselor, and she hires Sunburst to be Vice-Headmare (Vice-Headstallion?). One last chance to see Trixie being great and powerfully obtuse.

A new Equestria Girls "Choose Your Own Ending" short, "The Road Less Scheduled." Twilight's smart phone is on the fritz killing her pre-planned to the second schedule, so she decides to follow other folks around the Starswirl music festival. The choices are Fluttershy, Microchips, and Principal Celestia.

Part 1 of "Sunset's Backstage Pass" is up on YouTube. This is likely to be the final special featuring the Equestria Girls. Hasbro's financial situation is pretty bad, and if people don't start buying EG merchandise soon, there won't be a season 3.

S9E21 "Daring Doubt"
A pony named Martindale writes an unflattering bio of A. K. Yearling unmasking here as the actual Daring Do. Rainbow races to her side to help, meanwhile Fluttershy, who has just read all the books and become a fan, decides to talk to Martindale to hear his side of the story. I thought this was an excellent episode, especially since it took into account all three sides of the story: the adventurer/archaeologist, the adventurer/thief, and the local creature trying to safeguard the artifacts. Yet another episode where Fluttershy's extraordinary kindness wins in the end.

Art by Jon Fawkes

Equestria Girls on YouTube: Sunset's Backstage Pass Part 2

When she wakes up, Sunset gets a bad case of déjà vu and finally realizes she is reliving the same day over. She believes this is her chance to see Post Crush after all, and ditches Pinkie to do it.

and Part 3

Sunset Shimmer has finally seen Post Crush, but it was without Pinkie, with whom she is still angry. Unfortunately for Sunset, she is still reliving the same day. After weeks of this, she finally asks Princess Twilight for help, who says it's due to an Equestrian artifact in the human world.

So here's a question: The Dazzlings hate it in this human world. They now know there is a stable portal between this world and Equestria. Why haven't they gone back?

S9E22 "Growing Up is Hard to Do"
The CMC want to go to a fair in Appaloosa, but there are no adults to accompany them. Thanks to some magic lying around Twilight's castle, they are able to make themselves into apparent adults, and they head out on their own. My only complaint is we never got to see Scootaloo fly, even as an adult-bodied pony.

Art by Jon Fawkes

Next chapter of Equestria Girls on YouTube: Sunset's Backstage Pass Part 4. Sunset is starting to figure it out, but she's still holding on to to much anger.

It's a photoshopped color edit of the blank figure but boy I want one.

EGRqRNgUcAAaO-x.jpg

S9E23 The Big Mac Question
Big Mac enlists Spike and (reluctantly) Discord to help him with an elaborate set up so he can ask Sugar Belle to marry him. Meanwhile Sugar Belle elists the CMC and Mrs. Cake to help her with an elaborate set up so she can ask Big Mac to marry her. I really liked that it's framed by everyone apologizing for what a big mess they made of it. Granny Smith's dream about Grand Pear and Discord killed me. And hooray to Bon Bon and Lyra Heartstrings for getting engaged. Tomorrow is the big 90 minute finale. I don't know if I can take it.

Art by Jon Fawkes

Equestria Girls: Sunset Shimmer's Backstage Pass Part 5. Just one more to go.

So I've just watched the finale, and I'm at a loss for words. I'm both incredibly happy, yet incredibly sad. I really can't believe that this show that has been such a big part of my life for the past 6 years, has finally come to an end.

Last edited:
I'll post my thoughts about the series finale later, but in the meantime, here is the last part of Sunset's Backstage Pass.

Holidays Unwrapped will air on Discovery Family on November 2nd, and they are describing it as "their final set of adventures."

Good thing.

Perfect chance for me to maybe begin S1 if that’s the case. I’m not afraid to admit I find MLP’s character designs adorable >.<

Perfect chance for me to maybe begin S1 if that’s the case. I’m not afraid to admit I find MLP’s character designs adorable >.<
Nothing to apologize for. They are adorable. For me, it was the color designs. After seeing a lot of fan art of these beautifully painted ponies cross my twitter and tumblr feeds, I started watching early in the second season and I fell in love immediately.

S9E24, 25, 26 "The Ending of the End - Part 1", "The Ending of the End - Part 2", "The Last Problem"
I'm not entirely sure why I'm spoiler tagging this. Habit I guess. I'm sure we've all watched it by now. The two-parter was big and epic like it needed to be. I thought Discord got off light considering how badly he screwed up. I've always liked Starlight Glimmer and she got to prove what a badass she is a couple of times. But more than the fighting, it was the little hug between her and Trixie as Trixie led the students to safety under the school that was her best moment for me.

The epilogue episode was a nice touch. While not being overt, they basically admitted that Dash and AJ are a couple, which is a bit of a surprise to me since it seemed they were setting up the Rarijack ship for nearly all nine seasons. Still, good for them. It also appears that Discord and Fluttershy are a couple, as well as Sandbar and Yona. And Pinkie married Cheese Sandwich, producing a little Cheese Pie. Most everyone noticed that AJ was wearing Granny Smith's kerchief, but did anyone pick up that Apple Bloom, who is now teaching at the School of Friendship with the rest of the CMC, is wearing Aunt Goldie Delicious' kerchief? Time stands still for no pony.

The show was great. I think the 2010s are going to be remembered for an animation renaissance that began with MLP and included great shows like Adventure Time, Teen Titans Go!, The Regular Show, Steven Universe, The Venture Brothers, She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, Carmen Sandiego and many others.

All art by Jon Fawkes.

Everyone is watching DC's Super Hero Girls on Netflix, right? Lauren Faust's show based on the DC Nation Super Best Friends shorts she did a few years ago? The second half of season one is now up and it's one of the funniest shows on TV right now.

No one? Just me? Okay.

Holidays Unwrapped is starting to appear on YouTube. Here's the first installment: "Blizzard or Bust."

MLP: Pony Life announcement video set to Lizzo's "Good as Hell." Hey, if all the do is lipsynch Lizzo songs, that's good enough for me.

Last edited:
Im back.

So the shows ending and seems like the G4 merch is starting to basically pump out the last stocks. I don't really have much to lose anymore so I just show you my secret:

https://derpibooru.org/profiles/Sanagi+%E8%9B%B9

Welcome to my Derpi profile (yes, it's actually mine) where I very often circlejerk or gush about Chrysalis and such (since I don't really have something else to do in relation to MLP). It's just fun collaborating with other people in "Changelings in the comments" images and it's my only motivation to check derpi at all. Not as active as GTP obviously (sometimes comment but often just favorite).

I change my avatar to reflect my reveal for a week. This is really an ending of the end.

Equestria Girls Holidays Unwrapped Part 2: The Thin Red Pie

Equestria Girls Holidays Unwrapped Part 3: The Cider Louse Fools

The last two parts of Holiday Unwrapped have been out for a while. Might as well post them. This is the end for EG in particular and G4 in general. It's been real.

There's a new series of stop-motion shorts on Hasbro's YouTube channel.

'Potion Party' Stop Motion Short Episode 1

'Cake Off' Stop Motion Short Ep. 2

'Fashion Failure' Stop Motion Short Ep. 3

'Hello Pinkie Pie' Hearts & Hooves Valentine's Day Special

'Valentine's Day Card' Stop Motion Short Ep. 4

Also I've been making lots of Rainbow Dash liveries in Forza Horizon 4. Here's the Lexus LFA.

Last edited:
I picked up the art book for the movie today to celebrate the 10th anniversary. It’s full of beautiful illustrations off all the locations of the movie and information on all the character designs.
BD783A23-EBEE-43E1-B5E3-748C700B5B60.jpeg

Attachments

• BB60A38D-78CC-4D4F-9122-301B879C7895.jpeg
    BB60A38D-78CC-4D4F-9122-301B879C7895.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 10
  • C17684BA-8688-4A69-BD13-E769126A2C48.jpeg
    C17684BA-8688-4A69-BD13-E769126A2C48.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 6172732B-3DCD-4852-99CA-D08F68D1B52E.jpeg
    6172732B-3DCD-4852-99CA-D08F68D1B52E.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 29033384-91F1-455B-88E8-404F1E264BF7.jpeg
    29033384-91F1-455B-88E8-404F1E264BF7.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 10
I'm not sure why I remembered this show recently, I think I only watched the first two seasons or such, back when it was new and exciting. And really upsetting to a lot of the internet for some reason.
But I didn't realise it's been so long. Great show, glad I watched it and had it challenge some of the assumptions I made about media as a teen.

I don’t think it’s worth making a new thread over, but there was a new film released a couple of days ago on Netflix, “My Little Pony: A New Generation”, featuring new characters.

Last edited:
I'm still a fan of the ponies. There is an artist I like on Patreon by the name of Joe Pekar. I subscribe at a level that allows me to have one digital commission every three months. My last two commissions have been Sunset Shimmer and Twilight Sparkle (Sci-Twi) in their swimsuits from Forgotten Friendship. I'm going to put them behind spoiler tags even though they're quite tame. For both he made multiple versions that I can't post here, but if you go to Derpibooru and look up the tag "artist:joe pekar" you can see all the variations. Warning: some are NSFW (so is the site, for that matter.)
Sunset Shimmer.jpg

Twilight Sparkle.jpg

Back