The Walking Dead *spoiler alert*TV 

• Thread starter slims
  • 859 comments
Daryl pretty much fills the surrogate role Tyreese played in the comics. Some speculation suggests that what happened to Tyreese in the comic will soon happen to Daryl in the TV show. But since Tyreese is also a show character now, it'll probably happen to him instead.

And I'm gonna miss The Gov's pirate phase more than the prison fence:

418620.jpg

h21DF0B40

tumblr_mwh5ypySGT1s3y9slo4_500.gif

I always thought of Solid Snake when I see the Governor.
The Govenor hates Christmas"

Last edited:
I always thought of Solid Snake when I see the Governor.

You mean Naked Snake, solid/Big Boss, Solid snake never had an eye patch. Also due to the evil governor I'd say he's more Solidus.

Hershel's death was a necessary death, I mean I liked the guy and thought he was great, but... Governor death was good. Also loved watching his team get beat. I hope Judith is still alive or the feels will really pour on.

Last edited:
Can't say I was all too surprised by Hershel's death. Though the writers made sure to make him much more likeable with the viewers before his death.

Wonder where Michonne went after helping up Rick... >_>

Daryl was a goner when that walker came up behind him, only to be saved by the scene transition. :lol:

Can't say I was all too surprised by Hershel's death. Though the writers made sure to make him much more likeable with the viewers before his death.

Building him up as a character right before he got murdered so it would even strike harder, naturally. And having The Gov do him in after Rick negotiated reasserted our hatred, so that we'd really want to see him pay with his own blood for what he did.

It's a shame they had to build it up over just 3 episodes after his breakdown. Felt like a wasted character in the end because we all assumed he was behind more than we thought early on in the season, and it was more of a slap-dash retelling of the end of S3. No doubt it was hard hitting though. But I'm glad they're not confined to that bloody prison anymore.

Wonder where Michonne went after helping up Rick... >_>

Same for Lilly and Tara. I think one of the groups will surely come across Carol though. And I'm adamant that Judith is still alive.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the episode but felt like they were trying a bit too hard at times. I think the redeeming elements were in the deaths of a few people at the hands of unexpected killers (like the girl who tried to be tough, then see's her bud get shot, looks over to see that a 7 y/o girl shot the guy and then takes one in the head from the same little girl).
Most of the people from the camp that was high-jacked by the Gov were totally deserving a death as of the moment they dropped their humanity and said they'd rather take the prison than live together with Rick's group.

I imagine the little girl's mother who finished off the Gov as well as her sister who freaked and escaped rather than fighting on the wrong side, will both become recurring characters.

One thing I'm really interested to see is how they handle Rick's broken jaw and his separation from the group (while the fate of his baby is still unknown!).

Having something like 5 different groups of survivors could be trouble for the writers but I'm sure they'll do well. Part of my faith in these writers is their ability to use the source material without directly copying the books, it really leaves room for surprises and fresh content. 👍 Though I must admit that I knew Tyrese died at the hands of the Gov by beheading so I was sure Hersh was done for when the sword came out... I also expected to see Deshawn kill the Gov but I didn't expect it in this episode.

I don't hope Judith is dead, but I think she is. All the blood in the babycarrier...

Man the Hershal beheading was brutal!! I gonna miss him in the show, he was the sane person of the group.

I am kind of happy how it went down. More people survived than I thought.
And I giggled like a little girl, when little miss crazy came out and saved Tyrese. That was freaking awesome.

I also thought the bus was done for and Glenn too, happy it didn't.

Daryl rocked again 👍

Quite happy how the prison and Gov. arc went down. Should they had done this last season ?

I don't know. In the comics, the prison stay is quite long and the Gov-Rick confict was more than one attempt at teh prison. So I really liked it.

Gonna be long till Feb :(

I suppose Meghan's death - while ridiculously unfortunate - showed that The Gov wasn't apprehensive when it came to putting her down, which can't be said for his actual daughter. Though the gravity of the situation was enough for him to make quick and, in this case, rational decision, since she was going to turn. And while clearly upset, he probably came to the realiseation that she wasn't really his daughter, plus having her coming back in Lilly's arms would pose a threat.

When February comes, I think this will feel more like a completely new season after all that's happened. Even if the interval wasn't there to properly split this season into two parts.

Last edited:
He just plainly didn't keep his promise on harming anyone. Rick and Hershel knew it was going to be hard but the Gov. didn't want it, he still lied about what happen to Woodbury. Everything backfired because he didn't go in peaceful. I was hoping for Woodbury Survivors told the truth.

Even after his brief sociable spell, it was clear The Gov was still set in his ways. Being an uncompromising bastard who was unwilling to negotiate, the grudge he still held against Rick and Michonne and killing a hostage simply because he couldn't take the thought of being presented with a real option that went against his mindset, he had no chance of keeping what he set out to get. Nothing much could phase him after it inevitably went to 🤬 though, apart from seeing Meghan's state before doing he right thing and putting her down. Even if it was done in such an uncompromising fashion.

And if the Woodbury survivors in the prison decided to tell the group what he'd done, I think he would have just executed hostages anyway. Doing so would have resulted in shots being fired from the prison, and the natural reaction of his group would be to suppress it.

Last edited:
Yeah it would have been funny but not good for the story...

Rick gathers Woodbury survivors, they tell the story of the psyco gov. the canon from the tank goes down behind the head of Brian. Boom.

I also think Hershal's "everybody can change" pissed off the Governor. He tried but couldn't, or failed. Megan's dead, he needs to do the diffcult choices again...

The Tyrese love interest survived the mass killing and told the story...

Here is what I don't get ... the roll up with a tank and then only take shots at the walls? Why wouldn't they just put a round in that car everyone is hiding behind? Once the tank rolled up and started missing everything, I turned it off. Silly.

Well they were only 2 in the tank, reloading the canon ain't easy, plus ammunition is probably hard to come by in that caliber so you don't shoot on everything.

On the other side, if they would have gone with the comics. One big shell would have hit the bus in order to decimate Rick group. And Carol would have come in with an RV and would have sniper from across the field...

It's a TV show! I don't expect everything to be realistic, it's about Zombies, which don't exist. I rather am bothered by stuff like : Gov kills leader, tells his brother he did. Okay. Done. WT*?

Well they were only 2 in the tank, reloading the canon ain't easy, plus ammunition is probably hard to come by in that caliber so you don't shoot on everything.

On the other side, if they would have gone with the comics. One big shell would have hit the bus in order to decimate Rick group. And Carol would have come in with an RV and would have sniper from across the field...

It's a TV show! I don't expect everything to be realistic, it's about Zombies, which don't exist. I rather am bothered by stuff like : Gov kills leader, tells his brother he did. Okay. Done. WT*?

Agreed.
If anyone, none the less a stranger, showed up in my camp and killed my brother... :rage:
Not only would I kill that person, I'd do it in a way that was public and brutal. Something like... "Okay. Done. I'm your #2. Motivational speech by Gov gets interrupted by gun shot wound to the head. Group pow-wow on how gov. killed my bro and martinez and was actually a full norman bates psycho. :irked:

Sometimes logical behavior has to be ignored for the sake of the overall story and this just happens to be one of those cases.

Yeah it would have been funny but not good for the story...

Rick gathers Woodbury survivors, they tell the story of the psyco gov. the canon from the tank goes down behind the head of Brian. Boom.

I also think Hershal's "everybody can change" pissed off the Governor. He tried but couldn't, or failed. Megan's dead, he needs to do the diffcult choices again...

The Tyrese love interest survived the mass killing and told the story...
Probably would of been
B-ending but we all know how much we love a squad vs tank squad battle.

Tyreese was seen running away from where Judith's car seat was left. And it looked like he was carrying something, or someone...

I know what happened in the comic, and if she's probably been hurt too given the blood we saw. But they've changed enough in the transition from comic to TV show that it wouldn't surprise me if she's alive this time.

As for the rest of the season, simply regrouping will probably be the main focus.

Here is what I don't get ... the roll up with a tank and then only take shots at the walls? Why wouldn't they just put a round in that car everyone is hiding behind? Once the tank rolled up and started missing everything, I turned it off. Silly.
I agree with you, I really do, but by this point, I've come to accept that the shot accuracy in this show just adds comedy.

You're telling me these guys can't hit Tyreese at all with those semi-automatic rifles, yet everyone is a dead eye at blowing zombies' brains out. :lol:

Main characters have the protective but unpredictable power of the script to thank. Plus Hershel had the "Magic of Christmas" to protect himself and Maggie from that fatal disease they were in constant contact with. But even that didn't save him in the end. :(

Walkers though... they never really had such perks.

I agree with you, I really do, but by this point, I've come to accept that the shot accuracy in this show just adds comedy.

You're telling me these guys can't hit Tyreese at all with those semi-automatic rifles, yet everyone is a dead eye at blowing zombies' brains out. :lol:
Walkers seem to be the typical slow moving targets that they have much practice with, though they don't have to be experienced of being shot at. Even if the group is kind of use to it, why are they missing?

Back